IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://images.scribblelive.com/2012/7/17/4ff58e1e-712e-49be-b501-d1ed430bd7a7_400.jpg

picture of the dock... (does not look to be the boat ramp that is also on the map) and also looks to be fixed

This is it, from google:

34te5oi.jpg

thanks Cranky!

okay.. so the bikes were found across the lake from the docks but the dogs traced them to the dock (per the aunt which was posted upstream)

I thought this description of the place the bikes were found was interesting. It's a tweet from the link nursebeeme has been using.

I used to run on this trail around the lake everyday. The point where the girls bikes were is a short stretch on the trail where two fences surround the train on both sides, which practically creates a blind spot on the trail from the lake and the highway. The fences are high and covered in weeds. I hated running that 15 foot stetch because I knew it was the one area no one could ever see me if I needed help. I always looked behind me while running that short stretch and picked up my pace to get through it.​

by Angell 3:13 PM

http://www.kcrg.com/evansdaledisappearance

Thank you for this. I think some of the pictures in these cases are so misleading. One that JVM kept showing of one of the girls was of a little, little girl with baby teeth that appeared to be about 3 or 4. That just does more harm than good. This is from last month and could be very helpful if she was abducted.

She and NG always do that, and it is very frustrating...it is more sensational to show little girls rather than accurate photos...she constantly showed an old photo of Sierra LaMar that looked nothing like her, she looked about 12 in it...drove me crazy.

wow great find... it is not a very tall one is it! looks like it sits on a very shallow patch and has very short legs... I am even more perplexed now as to why they would take it down?
Great find indeed! It does look like a floating dock, where it just lays down on the ground when there is no water. I don't know, maybe its very easy to remove. (shrugging shoulders)

Just catching up - still need to read pages 10-15. Other than one new witness who saw the girls riding while he was watering his lawn between 12-3, and the dog(s) tracking their scent to their bikes and to the dock they are now removing - anything else new?

Presser at 4?

the dock shown is the fishing dock, I believe and is fixed. the bikes would be on the other side of the lake. but again, the lake is not huge so it isn't real far. but if the girls were going to swim from the dock, why leave your bikes on the other side. the nature trail is wooded in some areas. Iowa has been working on establishing connecting nature/bike trails across the state and most run through parks, wooded areas, along lakes and cornfiels.

“The area the bikes were found is fenced on both sides,” Dan Morrissey said. “It was right where the maintenance gate was, so that is a spot to me that looks like a trap, you know, for an abduction to happen; for someone to just come along right there and follow them down or whatever.

“It would probably be the worst spot for them to be, that little area right there,” he said.

Cook-Morrissey said she gave her daughter a hug before leaving for work Friday morning. She said Lyric was supposed to text her from her grandmother’s phone so they could go swimming in the afternoon.

“She’d just learned to do back flips and dives off the boards; we were going to go swimming,” Cook-Morrissey said. “I never did get that text.”

Cook-Morrissey said her older son, D, 16, was with his father at the time the girls disappeared. Elizabeth’s three siblings were at the Collins home with their grandmother.

Cook-Morrissey said the children are having a very difficult time with the disappearances, as is the family.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120717/NEWS/120717016/0/h/?odyssey=nav|head

said elizabeth would never go to that lake without an adult. says lyric and eliz have never gone that far before.

Interesting article. HUGE timespan.

Anyone here water their lawn for 3 hours?

We're having a drought year this year.

If I were the sort to water my lawn, it would take three hours or so to do the front, the back and both sides. I think it's fair to assume he was moving his sprinkler around from time to time during that time span.

Yep, nothing specific. ???? Timeline, map, and many articles on the girls at the bottom...and banner at top. Twitter links? Where?

maybe it is your browser... I have a live update box right in the center that has tweets and comments in live mode

when they left on the bike ride they said they wouldn't be gone long

Sure, where is the old school located?

LOL...no idea, just going off what another posted mentioned, but it's an abandoned school. Really don't need it...I saw your pink path of the trail. TIA

thanks Cranky!

okay.. so the bikes were found across the lake from the docks but the dogs traced them to the dock (per the aunt which was posted upstream)

The thing is, it appears the girls were down in the lake area often. It could be a scent picked up on another day if they never went to the dock on that day.

MOO

The thing is, it appears the girls were down in the lake area often. It could be a scent picked up on another day if they never went to the dock on that day.

MOO

I am not SAR but sarx explained this in the sierra lamar case: the dogs look for the freshest scent.

We asked the question how the dogs could track her if she walked to the bus every morning and he replied that the dogs are able to track the freshest scent. So even if the girls had been there day in and day out the dogs would follow fresh scent.

I hope that makes sense?

O/T:

Significant breakthrough in Oakland County Child Killer case

After Mark Stebbins was abducted, the Pennsylvania parole officer alerted detectives here that Sloan should be a person of interest in the Oakland County Child Killer case.

At this point there are no forensic matches to the other murder victims, Jill Robinson or Kristine Mihelich.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/action...ugh-in-the-oc-child-killer-case#ixzz20uXyp3C2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newsboynyc