IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder where they found the bikes and where TG had to swerve around them are the same location?
Could someone....knowing the gate was open...persuade the two with interest into going beyond it to see the pump? I need to study the map much more, but is there a different access to the pump location that a vehicle could drive down? What are the chances of the children going beyond the gate themselves and running into a homeless person/predo? My "gang" when I was growing up were very advertureous and we would go places in the woods my parents would have an instant heart attack. How deep is that quarry? Cliffs?
Very strange circumstances, imo. I don't believe they are in the lake either....and yes flip flops can get stuck in the mud and never retrieved again....;)
Off to the maps.......

I

Hollyblue-I need to borrow that magnifying glass in your avatar to read that tiny print (LOL).

Here is a picture from Bing of the path/road that cuts through from S. Evans to the bike trail.

maiden-lane.jpg

But hospice is much different emergency situations. My dad was a firefighter, I was an EMT and also worked in ICU and the ER. And yes we did cope in ways that would be considered not very nice, but you do, and NEVER in front of anyone who isn't working with you. Families waiting for hours will sometimes joke around with staff-their brain just can't maintain that awful feeling of terror without a break.
Hospice seems a more controlled environment-the person is going to die and has usually been sick for a while. They are just different situations.

To THE LOCALS-
Thank you all so much, I have followed more than a few cases here and can honestly say you are the most helpful locals I have come across here.

Going back to catch up.

Just wanted to add....this is true. My hubby is a pastor who works as a volunteer chaplain. He has worked in the Army (of course, this wasn't a volunteer position), the Fire Department and now the Sheriff's Office. Comic relief is seen quite often as a coping mechanism. It just happens. Its much like giggling in church....you know you have to stop and there is nothing thats even funny, but you can't quit.
Hospice is a very different environment. I love Hospice. They offer the most loving care of any organization I have ever dealt with.

Here is a view from Google Maps from the highway.

lake-from-hwy.jpg

you can see the sign in this pic and the previous one I posted from Bing. That hwy sign is a good marker for where the road is on the other side of the fence.

The Register is reporting a man saw the girls ride their bikes by his house between noon and 3 p.m. on Friday

Resident Robert Carpenter said he didn’t think anything about seeing the girls because it’s such a common occurrence.

Carpenter, who lives north of the lake, said he saw the girls between 12 and 3 p.m. while he was outside watering his yard.

“I was out watering my yard between 12 and 3:00 and the girls rode their bikes right by our house,” Carpenter said. He and his wife, Marcella, were at Meyers Lake this morning to observe the activity.

“We see them practically all the time ride their bikes right past our house, but they come down and turn around in the street,” he said.

- www.desmoinesregister.com

So are we to assume that other than the one man who rode his bike in that area around 12:30pm there were no other residents who went through that area of the trail in a 31/2 hour span?

Agree, that does not make any sense!

Kikid.....thanks for the great photos! They help so much!

The Register is reporting a man saw the girls ride their bikes by his house between noon and 3 p.m. on Friday

Thanks for linking this new info....

Not sure it really helps that much, since we know the girls were bike riding between those times. Wish he could narrow down the time frame a bit more.

I am getting a bit confused and need some clarification. We have 1 man who saw the girls near the time he was in the restroom. We have another man who told the aunt that he saw the girls riding east on the trail around 2:30. Then we have this man who says he saw them ride past his house.

So, are these the 3 alleged sightings we have at the moment?

Interesting article. HUGE timespan.

Anyone here water their lawn for 3 hours?

If he was going in and out moving a sprinkler and hose around every 20 or 30 minutes, that would be a logical time span. He wouldn't likely remember exactly which time it was that he saw them or had any reason to make note of a time.

jmo

It is sad. Imo, LE already knows this is not going to end well. Two little girls just dont go missing without a trace.

But they have no evidence...........no crime scene as of yet..no sighting.

There will come a time if they are not located LE will state they think they have met with foul play, imo.

I remember when the Greone children were kidnapped they were taken from Idaho to Montana. So these girls could be anywhere by now.

IMO
Dylan would have turned 17 yesterday. :(

From this article I see the lake itself does not have a grate preventing large objects to flow into the river.
It's the 'flow tube' used to drain the lake by LE that contains the grate... so... the girls, if they wound up in the lake, they could have moved into the other body of water.

Read More: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/fr...d32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz20tcbet9P

"...Officials said grates on the outlet tube several feet in circumference won’t let anything of size pass through...."

As parents we sometimes forget when teaching our children about predators to tell them that it could be someone they know and trust.

In such a case, they may not have realized they were in danger until it was too late to kick and scratch.

Aunt Tammy stated that she personally taught lyric stranger danger. If someone ever tries to even though you to immediately drop to the ground--kick, scream, etc etc.

Since no tips have come in of a possible vehicle abduction, I'd be checking the local sex offenders basements, backrooms, and backyards! They very well could of been lured by a perp saying "I live right there and my dog just had puppies. Wanna come to my house and call your parents to see if you can have one" or something along those lines. Perps get smarter along w/ the laws and rules, unfortunately.

But hospice is much different emergency situations. My dad was a firefighter, I was an EMT and also worked in ICU and the ER. And yes we did cope in ways that would be considered not very nice, but you do, and NEVER in front of anyone who isn't working with you. Families waiting for hours will sometimes joke around with staff-their brain just can't maintain that awful feeling of terror without a break.
Hospice seems a more controlled environment-the person is going to die and has usually been sick for a while. They are just different situations.

To THE LOCALS-
Thank you all so much, I have followed more than a few cases here and can honestly say you are the most helpful locals I have come across here.

Going back to catch up.

Seems if you know enough to limit your humor in front of others outside of your circle then you know it is not acceptable to many. Your consideration is appreciated as it could be offensive to some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove