IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
police recanvass Evansdale for missing girls:

Law enforcement authorities are “re-canvassing” or looking through Evansdale neighborhoods, retracing steps to look for clues in the three-month-old disappearance of two young girls

“We continue the effort of generating new leads,” Sheriff Thompson said.”If re-canvassing aids in developing information for us to further pursue, we are committed to that effort, in addition to continuing our original investigative agenda.” He declined to elaborate on what that “original investigative agenda” is.

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/p...11e2-83be-001a4bcf887a.html?comment_form=true

Several callers to the KWWL newsroom said they saw law enforcement activity Wednesday night, and wondered what was going on in Evansdale.

The callers and e-mailers said several law enforcement vehicles were on the streets and that they saw at least one helicopter in the skies above the community. They asked KWWL if this activity had anything to do with the missing girls.

When contacted by KWWL, Black Hawk County Sheriff's Department Chief Deputy, Richard Abben, confirmed the law enforcement presence Wednesday night. Abben said the latest ‘recanvassing' Wednesday was another effort to make contact with Evansdale residents to see if anyone remembered anything, especially those residents who weren't at home when investigators did earlier door-to-door interviews.

Investigators still want to talk with any resident they may have missed in the earlier canvasses. Chief Deputy Abben says they are simply trying to be as thorough as possible, but he says there are no new developments to report at this time.
http://www.kwwl.com/story/19849548/missing-girls-investigators-recanvassing-evansdale-neighborhoods

more at link

Additional state investigators are currently on scene in Evansdale today. There is 110 homes where they want to talk face to face with the occupants.
They won't confirm that DNA swabs are being asked for.

This was live on the noon KWWL news

Additional state investigators are currently on scene in Evansdale today. There is 110 homes where they want to talk face to face with the occupants.
They won't confirm that DNA swabs are being asked for.

This was live on the noon KWWL news

I feel things moving in Iowa:twocents:

Anybody else ever check out the w'loo CL rants and raves? This posts these "poems" everyday. I know they've already been sent into LE, but I figured i'd bring them over here, just in case something ever comes of them. All the grammar and spelling mistakes are that of the poster. I just copied and pasted.

Poem1-Souless
I have walked dark lonely roads
I have found myself lost along the way
My past brings nightmares to my dreams
I have dance with satan and have eaten from his table
Made love to his woman and have feed from his lust
I have shared in his blood as it filled my veins
Have found myself taking control of hell as I enjoy the pain

I thrust for blood of victims I slay
I pray on weak which I will feed
I take what I want infect pain on who I may
I control all the come before me as they drop to their knees
Tears I do not have sympathy I will not gave
Sorrow in which I live torment is what I give
For I am a man that walks without a soul

Poem2-Welcome
I don't judge the acts of man Welcome their lust, greed, evil acts Hide the pain that fills their veins Arms open to the one you've cast out.

Give no cost of feeling good, I am the need of feeling wanted

Poem3-Man
Monster that is man
I am trapped by law of man
I cannot be the monster I am
Death is my dream.

I have lust for what I cannot be.
I want to taste fear in man; as I take his life.
Watch man soul go; as it departs man body.
Feel his heart stop; I take life.
His blood spill on the grown.
Fear, sunsets in the sky.
My play ground a night sky.
How I school Manson, Domer and the Ripper.
Power over one; I hold life in my hands.
Feed off fear; he lay's dying.
Able to give him one last kiss; I take his last breath.
Am a monster that live as man

I think so too Saphire Steel.

I hope that is true that they are asking people for voluntary DNA samples. That must mean they have something to compare it to, no? (re: purse or bike, etc)

This (time frame) would also fit with around the time a lot of this testing would be rolling in I would think..?

I think so too Saphire Steel.

I hope that is true that they are asking people for voluntary DNA samples. That must mean they have something to compare it to, no? (re: purse or bike, etc)

This (time frame) would also fit with around the time a lot of this testing would be rolling in I would think..?

It depends on what sort of DNA they recovered I believe.

If it is "touch" DNA or partial, it takes time to rebuild and analyse, but if it is a complete DNA they recovered, results are fairly immediate.

I would imagine this was prioritised in the laboratory and processed immediately, they have had it for a while, but cannot find a match.

Personally I have always thought that a juvenile may have been involved in this (even as an accomplice) and that may be why there is no DNA match to be found.

YET.

:cow:

The helicopter -

If it is true LE have a helicopter over the town, they could well be using infrared to look for any disturbances in the soil.

The fact they are concentrating on 100 homes implies they believe the girls ended up in one of those homes, at least temporarily.

Do any locals know what area they are concentrating on?

ETA: I should have read the article first, they discuss the infrared. :waitasec:

It depends on what sort of DNA they recovered I believe.

If it is "touch" DNA or partial, it takes time to rebuild and analyse, but if it is a complete DNA they recovered, results are fairly immediate.

I would imagine this was prioritised in the laboratory and processed immediately, they have had it for a while, but cannot find a match.

Personally I have always thought that a juvenile may have been involved in this (even as an accomplice) and that may be why there is no DNA match to be found.

YET.

what I was referring to are the voluntary DNA swabs that peeples posted about on the news.

Why take a swab if there is nothing to match it to on the evidence they have collected?

(they were talking about taking the swabs today of people in the neighborhood.. and in my mind I am wondering if they have gotten some test results back that would warrant a recanvass/talk and knock/ask for swabs kind of deal.. of course they can also use the "will you give a swab" as a way of seeing who doesn't want to give a swab if you see what I mean)

also wanted to post this article that was about Jessica Ridgeway case but could be very applicable to this case on "awareness space" of a perp:

http://www.boulderweekly.com/articl...ss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

If indeed they did recover DNA (sounds like they did) it would not be unusual to request the entire town volunteer their swabs.

This was done in Australia recently, also on Norfolk Island for Janine's murderer.

Of course the innocent men rushed in to be tested.

This also has the advantage of giving them a possible familial DNA lead.

This is OT but in missing cases, time after time, we will hear that there is a backlog of cases awaiting DNA testing and so much of the time they will say the funds are just not there (not sure this is the case here). It occurs to me that all of the money that is being spent by the presidential candidates, would help so much in areas like missing children cases and paying for DNA testing to be sped up. Sorry for the rant.

Perhaps the swabs are being taken to see if there's any link in the Jessica Ridgeway case as well.

I can't imagine they aren't investigating that possibility, both on Friday, both near parks, same age groups, white vans reported, near major roadways leading out of town,during daytime hours with many people around- there are major differences, two taken vs one taken, body located quickly vs unrecovered, but the similarities I think would be worth checking out. No one really knows if the girls were at the lake or if their bikes were staged like Jessica's backpack.:waitasec:

Just thinkin' of possibilities. With the sudden recanvassing of the area, use of a helicopter, and asking for DNA, it would appear something is going on behind the scenes (thank goodness). One thing I wish LE would do is put out a press release asking that if hunters find anything, to please give them a call.

Whoever took the girls was not only familiar with the area but also planned the abduction to the last detail.

The helicopter/recanvass suggests a local, as does the crime itself.

Jessica's murder implies a local too...local to Colorado though.

Jessica was murdered and displayed (IMO), whereas the girls have just vanished.

Two completely different crimes in my opinion only, and unlikely to be connected.

If we had found Lizzie and Lyric in a similar condition, I would take the opposite view.

I highly doubt the two are connected either, but I don't rule anything out with the scant information we have to go on. I've never thought the intial search had a large enough search radius. There are so many small towns that are close to E'dale- someone who lived in any of those towns could have the local knowledge to know about the area, and have reason to be in E'dale.
In any case, I'm glad LE is still active-and I'm always hoping today is the day the girls come home.

Always keeping my eyes open for you Elizabeth and Lyric...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay