IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What gets me is this case is only three months old and it's already three months old.
Either way I wish something would break this case wide open.

ETA - Thanks everyone for correcting my error. I have corrected it now to reflect three months - not two.

What gets me is this case is only two months old and it's already two months old.
Either way I wish something would break this case wide open.

Its three months old and about 2 1/2 months old/cold. Just MOO, of course.

I wonder if LE has looked into the Montana rapist for this crime in July?

I wonder if LE has looked into the Montana rapist for this crime in July?

The man from Montana who raped in Wyoming? Considering his vehicle had 'lots and lots' of pictures of naked little girls, I think its a given LE will be checking his location in July, re Lyric and Lizzie.

Since he left the Wyoming victim alone in the wilderness with bears nearby and lightly dressed on a freezing night, I don't think he intended that she survive.

The man from Montana who raped in Wyoming? Considering his vehicle had 'lots and lots' of pictures of naked little girls, I think its a given LE will be checking his location in July, re Lyric and Lizzie.

Since he left the Wyoming victim alone in the wilderness with bears nearby and lightly dressed on a freezing night, I don't think he intended that she survive.

Rockvam said the man then put a cloth bag over her head and released her, telling her to count to 50 before she turned around. Passing elk hunters found the girl, dressed lightly in the mountainous area, and took her to safety.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/1...ect-in-wyoming-girl-kidnapping/#ixzz29UfWMRBO

While I think what this man did was horrific, I don't believe he intended his victim to die. JMO

But I'm sure he is being looked at in connection with any missing children, including Lyric and Elizabeth.

Rockvam said the man then put a cloth bag over her head and released her, telling her to count to 50 before she turned around. Passing elk hunters found the girl, dressed lightly in the mountainous area, and took her to safety.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/1...ect-in-wyoming-girl-kidnapping/#ixzz29UfWMRBO

While I think what this man did was horrific, I don't believe he intended his victim to die. JMO

But I'm sure he is being looked at in connection with any missing children, including Lyric and Elizabeth.

Those hunters were the last vehicle off the mountain and they'd just seen a bear. And IIRC it went down to 20 degrees that night and she was miles from the nearest house. He gave her a slim chance to survive and she got lucky. My opinion only of course.

Whatever his intention was, he's a sick excuse for a human being.

Those who have followed this case along with me know I have never believed Lizzie and Lyric to be a random abduction, and I still don't.

This comment by former FBI boss Bob Pence -

Traditionally, people who commit these types of crimes are cowards and wouldn't approach a child
who's accompanied by an adult or someone else
, he said.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/natio...ear-olds-killer-could-act-again#ixzz29V8C1RVH

SapphireSteel, I agree... normally predators don't approach two kids together. But the child in WY was with two other girls, and I believe he asked them as a group if any of them were willing to help him look for his puppy. When the little girl declined he showed her a gun. He didn't seem to have a problem with the other girls seeing his face.

This could very well have happened in Lizzie and Lyric's situation. He may have had a gun or a knife, and neither one was willing to let one go along without the other. If his target was Lizzie, for instance, then Lyric might have made the decision to go to try to protect her. That would not be unusual, since they were family and were close.

Statewide harvest info for anyone wondering

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19837179/early-harvest-in-iowa-doesnt-mean-good-harvest

The Iowa Department of Agriculture says nearly 90 percent of the state's corn crop is now harvested. That's one month ahead of normal.

A report Monday from the Iowa Department of Agriculture shows more than 90 percent of the state's soybean crop is now out of the fields. That, too, is three weeks ahead of normal schedule.

Goodnight girls. Thinking about you tongiht. I hope you're safe. Hugs to both of you.

Here all alone thinking about our girls. I just refuse to believe they are no longer alive. I know the odds are horrible but I've grown to love them too much to give up without proof.

I feel the same way Jax.. I always have the scanner on, taking notes..I don't post everything, I am listening and praying our girls come home..

I wish I had something new to add, but I really don't. Just wanted to post that Jessica Ridgeway's facebook page shared E&L's NCMEC poster earlier today.

I think the Jessica Ridgeway case has taken center stage. I know I have been checking that case out more than this one lately only because I want to know if the case is related in any way to our girls.

I wish I had something new to add, but I really don't. Just wanted to post that Jessica Ridgeway's facebook page shared E&L's NCMEC poster earlier today.

Thanks. That's good since a whole bunch of new people will see it and learn about the girls.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...ils-released-last-sighting-missing-Iowa-girls

just posting this article that is from a MONTH ago...

I just realized when I was searching and found it that it has now been three months since the girls vanished.

Three months. 90 days .:please:
Three months and Lizzy and Lyric are still missing.
I worried from early on that they wouldn't be found. I'm beyond sad that
they are still missing and sad that no perp has been charged.
They vanished without a trace.

Three months. 90 days .:please:
Three months and Lizzy and Lyric are still missing.
I worried from early on that they wouldn't be found. I'm beyond sad that
they are still missing and sad that no perp has been charged.
They vanished without a trace.

I must admit, I'm surprised.

I thought this one would be wrapped up quickly.

Guess I was wrong...

:rose:
Lizzie & Lyric
At least you are together.

SapphireSteel, I agree... normally predators don't approach two kids together. But the child in WY was with two other girls, and I believe he asked them as a group if any of them were willing to help him look for his puppy. When the little girl declined he showed her a gun. He didn't seem to have a problem with the other girls seeing his face.

This could very well have happened in Lizzie and Lyric's situation. He may have had a gun or a knife, and neither one was willing to let one go along without the other. If his target was Lizzie, for instance, then Lyric might have made the decision to go to try to protect her. That would not be unusual, since they were family and were close.

To bring up an old unsolved case, Jacob Wetterling was with two boys in his age range when he was abducted.

I am still having occasional nightmares after watching an interview with the friend who is now an adult, of course. What he described was so terrifying, I can't get it out of my mind.

I agree absolutely that if he had control over one cousin, the other cousin would most likely have been compliant.

We've also had several posts on these threads from people who were accosted by perps with weapons. I can't remember who it was who posted (sorry!) but there was one post from someone who was with a friend on their bicycles when a guy stepped out and showed them a knife. Even though they were on bicycles, they just complied out of fear.

Statewide harvest info for anyone wondering

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19837179/early-harvest-in-iowa-doesnt-mean-good-harvest

The Iowa Department of Agriculture says nearly 90 percent of the state's corn crop is now harvested. That's one month ahead of normal.

A report Monday from the Iowa Department of Agriculture shows more than 90 percent of the state's soybean crop is now out of the fields. That, too, is three weeks ahead of normal schedule.

At least in my part of the state, yields were terrible. My neighbour got 22 bushels per acre of soybeans (normal yield is 52 bushels an acre in our area). He got crop insurance, so he should be okay but not everyone does.

This was a cruel year for farmers and it's almost like there was a dark cloud over the summer.

I wonder if LE has thought of doing some more massive searches of all the areas that were searched the first time that were not subject to harvesting and widen out the perimeter some more. I think that if they picked weekends and publicised it, they'd get lots of volunteers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971