IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so heartbreaking. RIP Lyric and Elizabeth. :(

That live streaming kept cutting in and out on me...ugh.

And to have such horrible news on top of that...so sad.

Divers? Don't tell me they were in the lake after all this...?
(Just going off what someone said about divers above-no such info.)

To me in my ignorance of Iowa, "hunters" imply a wooded area.

Are there a lot of woods around there?

I am going to go on a limb and guess the area will be somewhere around Waterloo.

:rose:
Lizzie and Lyric

Can't stop crying I prayed they were alive.. Thank god they are now found and we can all find some peace..Prayers for the family..

I think they said the bodies were found by hunters in the woods....

KWWL Live Coverage ‏@KWWLlive
Capt. Abben: Not 100 percent sure the bodies are Elizabeth and Lyric, and will wait until tomorrow at 4 p.m. to say.. #evansdalesearch

5 Dec KWWL Live Coverage ‏@KWWLlive
Abben: "If we think we need to bring in additional resources, we will do that. At this time, we don't think we need to." #evansdalesearch

Capt. Abben: "Not releasing the location of the scene... Right now, preservation of that scene is paramount." #evansdalesearch

Capt. Abben: Right now, it's looking that the outcome was not the one we wanted. #evansdalesearch

Abben: "It's definitely not the outcome we wanted, obviously.... This is a difficult thing for us to go through." #evansdalesearch

Capt. Abben: Bodies transported to state medical office in Ankeny. Police will not say where bodies were found.

Capt. Abben: The bodies are being identified. Police are still investigating any leads. Police wants to thank public. #evansdalesearch

Capt. Rick Abben: Today at 12:45 p.m., law enforcement was notified by hunters they found two deceased bodies. #evansdalesearch

Divers? Don't tell me they were in the lake after all this...?
(Just going off what someone said about divers above-no such info.)

When a reporter asked where the bodies where found, he said that they weren't releasing that info because it was a crime scene and they're looking for evidence, and I thought he said something about having the divers come out.

I was wondering if anyone else caught that, or if I misunderstood.

Who does this? Who takes our little kids?! I just get so upset and angry...

I would bet that there were clothes that matched the description of the girls. Hair doesn't decompose like bodies do so they may be able to tell by that.

Oh my heart is broken. Just broken. I feared they were dead but it's just so hard to hear.

I heard "... in a wooded area.." And today was the last day of hunting, is that right? We can only be thankful they were found today and this agony hasn't been drawn out any longer.

So dreadfully sad. I feel sick to my stomach.

When a reporter asked where the bodies where found, he said that they weren't releasing that info because it was a crime scene and they're looking for evidence, and I thought he said something about having the divers come out.

I thought I heard something as well. :waitasec:

When a reported asked where the bodies where found, he said that they weren't releasing that info because it was a crime scene and they're looking for evidence, and I thought he said something about having the divers come out.

I understood it to mean if they were to look for additional evidence they may bring in a diver or other resources. It gives me the impression they were found in woods near a lake.

Honestly been dreading hunting season for just this reason. Sigh.

Also, speculating with a friend today as there was a death in downtown W'loo in a public area...not sure if related, but a sad day here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member