IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sad for the families and our family here at WS who hoped and prayed for a happy ending. It is hard to type thru tears.

Your right the word lake wasn't mentioned the word "divers" was though as a possibility of bring them in if they were looking for additional evidence (besides what was found).

I heard lake.
but I think he said they went missing from the lake. Or their bikes were found at the lake.

OMG! I just got home and saw in my local paper the breaking news. Can someone clue me in?

I haven't been able to see clearly enough to post until now. I am so profoundly sorry to hear the news that "our" girls were found deceased. I felt that it might be hunters who would eventually locate them.

I don't know how the families will be able to handle this, but I send them prayers and all my best wishes.

I need to go for now, but will come back later.

At least they've been found- the body is the most important evidence in a child abduction case. Where they were found is critical.

Where did they find them? By the lake?? WHERE???!!!!!!!!!!!

They are not releasing that info yet; they do not want to compromise the crime scene. There will be a press conference tomorrow at 4pm or maybe sooner but press will be notified.

Hunters found 2 bodies today and notified le at 12:45pm

OMG! I just got home and saw in my local paper the breaking news. Can someone clue me in?

Two bodies found by hunters in the woods today at 12:45. Think it could be the girls. Bodies sent to ME. Another presser tomorrow at 4pm. Much sadness.

Oh No..
I just heard on HLN.
I was on this thread earlier but nothing was going on then. I went back to see when the bodies were found.

For anyone trying to catch up, it looks everything started breaking loose on Page 8 #177 at 4:31pm thanks to angelainwi.

Going back now to read.

Olli, I read some guy threw himself under a train today in waterloo, not sure if that's what you're talking about though.

I asked for a rewind down in the scanner forum for 12:45 today. Hopefully that will give us some answers

/end scanner talk

Yes...I've just learned that was friend of mine as well.

Some family members have reported to me that the bodies were found in Bremer Co...just north of here, by Readlyn from what I understand.

Hunters found 2 bodies today le got call at 12:45pm
Not releasing anymore info today. do not want to compromise crime scene area. Cindersoot, thank you for all the work you did for Lyric and Elizabeth -
going to the lake, taking pictures, posting for non locals, looking at the house for sale by the lake … you did so many things - thank you.

So, so sad. :(

I haven't followed this case very closely- can someone fill me in as to if LE has any POI's?

Okay just watched my local news and it said a hunter found two bodies this afternoon, and the bodies are taken to Ankeny to be identified. They said right now we will not be told where the bodies were found. Tomorrow is a news conference, maybe we will know then. The bodies were found in a wooded area/.

Live report on KWWL now, filming down the street. According to family that was at the presser, they are fairly certain it is the girls bodies.

I thought that too. They had each other, and at least they had that small comfort of being together. Not alone at the end. :cry:

God, I hope Lyric and Elizabeth did not suffer. How frightened they must have been. I hope LE can get the perp/s!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home