IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just pray there is some helpful evidence....maybe DNA of the perp, something like that. That's what we can hope for. We need to find the person or persons who did this...

I understood it to mean if they were to look for additional evidence they may bring in a diver or other resources. It gives me the impression they were found in woods near a lake.

That was the impression I got as well.

This is a very sad, sad day for everyone here and those poor babies family and friends.

My heart is breaking.

((((HUGS))))

Any idea of where they were found Olli? Anything going on that you can see?

Phone going crazy, had the same hard time hearing it on cpu as everyone else. Got it on the tv as quick as I could.
Nothing near the lake as far as I can tell, no clue where the bodies were found. The lake is well within city limits, there is no hunting there, there is no LE activity visible from where I am other than down the street at the station.

Honestly been dreading hunting season for just this reason. Sigh.

Also, speculating with a friend today as there was a death in downtown W'loo in a public area...not sure if related, but a sad day here.

I am so sorry Ollipop. Isn't your wife related to Lyric and Elizabeth's family?

Thank you for all the information you provided to the thread. I really appreciated all your information.

The facebook for the girls had someone post before the press conference that they were found in Bremer Co. Not taking that at 100% yet.

I did hope they were alive.

One thing that helped extinguish that hope was an impromptu interview I saw on youtube with one of the peripherally involved who lived in Waterloo. This person is very close to the situation and likely knows a heck of a lot that we don't.

This person said "X didn't have time to go and murder anyone! He didn't have time to go and abduct anyone!".

When I heard that word, even though the person corrected it, my heart went to the floor. I wondered right then if one of the reasons the girls haven't been found, is they were murdered.

:(

Reposting....now appears relevant info for the sleuthers.

:sick:

I believe they were found near Ankeny, which is just north of Des Moines...about an hour and half SW of here.

I can't confirm that...I just heard it from a friend. I believe he may be mistaken...the crime lab is in Ankeny.

I have no idea where the bodies were found.

Olli, I read some guy threw himself under a train today in waterloo, not sure if that's what you're talking about though.

I asked for a rewind down in the scanner forum for 12:45 today. Hopefully that will give us some answers

/end scanner talk

I did not hear anything about a lake, being found at a lake or near a lake. Abden did not say that, but I could be wrong. I did not hear lake being said.

So awful. But thank goodness they were found. And on the last day of hunting season. So thankful they will at least have the girls brought home.

But now to find out who, so these parents and families can have answers. I hope Lyric and Lizzie are able to "tell" their story to the investigators.

Love, light, and peace to the girls and their loved ones. :rose:

I did not hear anything about a lake, being found at a lake or near a lake. Abden did not say that, but I could be wrong. I did not hear lake being said.

Your right the word lake wasn't mentioned the word "divers" was though as a possibility of bring them in if they were looking for additional evidence (besides what was found).

How depressing!
I actually thought.......this might have a happy ending.

But we should know better

I heard a mention of divers, like a lot of others have said but nothing about a lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home