IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any speculation about anyone is allowed, since no one has even been named a POI and I know that hinting and "baiting" are not allowed and could get the thread closed, FWIW. Anyway, I am not a mod.

no it is not

I am just jumping off your post and about to bump up the opening post.

nothing has changed and everyone who posts regularly in this thread is aware of the zero tolerance policy. If anyone is new you can also read the rules I am about to bump up.

Seven Bridges park is literally right up the street from several of these sex offenders (living at the same address). A straight shot right to the park.

Further investigation reveals it's a trailer (mobile home) park at that address.

Add to that the SO address is a straight shot on 63 right out of Evansdale.

AND add to that if they were snatched downtown where they were last seen by grandma there was just a few blocks to the road leading to 63 and straight out of town. I think the bikes were placed later.

Please remember the following when discussing the case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Things to know before you post:
Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.
Treat other posters with respect.
Do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.
If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.

No one has been named by LE or MSM as a POI or suspect in this case.
The parents, whatever you may personally think about them, have not been named.
That means that they, and their families, their neighbors, and their friends and "associates," are not to be sleuthed or badmouthed

bumping up

Add to that the SO address is a straight shot on 63 right out of Evansdale.

a map = zooming in on the trailer park makes me shudder

http://goo.gl/maps/aekgt

EDIT: I have no idea what name is being referred to by another poster and have no idea about any connection to any family member or anyone else associated with the case. I was reacting to the fact that 4 RSOs live in one trailer park, given it's location in relation to the girls' homes and the place where they were found. Just wanted to clarify that.

Hey, I just wanted to say that I found that name on the SO site in common with a family member but searched and haven't found any connection to the girls family. I think the mod is trying to say back off of it. No suspect has been named yet. jmo

But why would a random person, if the murderer, throw himself before a train when bodies were located? How would he be linked? Better to leave town, if anything. Or wait and see if any DNA was located. I have doubts it is connected. Also, how would he hear of it so very quickly, in time to get in front of a train minutes later?

Hey, I just wanted to say that I found that name on the SO site in common with a family member but searched and haven't found any connection to the girls family. I think the mod is trying to say back off of it. No suspect has been named yet. jmo

the rules were bumped up about family members. RSO's in the area? Let's see them

This is what the park looks like in terms of land, road and river

SevenBridgesCountyPark.jpg

I believe the time of 12:15 is a typo in the first paragraph of the first linked article. If you scroll down and read the full police statement, it states "at approximately 1245hrs, law enforcement was notified by hunters that they had discovered two deceased bodies in a wooded area."

There are no words I can think of to properly thank each and everyone of you who have worked so tirelessly on this case for these 2 little souls.....this one is going to take a while for me to absorb. Websluethers, thank you. Thank you all so much. the poor families...

Here's another part of the park, a bit to the east and south of the other map ... where's the bridge? Does this road cross the river and if so, where?

sevenwheresthebridge.jpg

a map = zooming in on the trailer park makes me shudder

http://goo.gl/maps/aekgt

EDIT: I have no idea what name is being referred to by another poster and have no idea about any connection to any family member or anyone else associated with the case. I was reacting to the fact that 4 RSOs live in one trailer park, given it's location in relation to the girls' homes and the place where they were found. Just wanted to clarify that.

Wow . . . that trailer park is a straight shot north from where they disappeared and a straight shot east to the Seven Bridges Park. Hmmm! Interesting location, proximity. Four RSO's all living in there. SMH.

Here's another part of the park, a bit to the east and south of the other map ... where's the bridge? Does this road cross the river and if so, where?

sevenwheresthebridge.jpg
I would guess the bridge was washed out when the Wapsie massively flooded... in '08 wasn't it?

So sad to hear the news :( prayers to their families. Their nightmare is beginning all over again *tears

Because I follow this case all the way over here in Aus, is somebody able to pretty please tell me what the time difference is here and there? I want to be able to be on here for the 4pm press release (hoping that there will be some lovely transcribers in action!), cause I'm useless with time zones and the differences :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member