IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so incredibly sad. I had held out hope for a miracle.

I'm sure there wouldn't have been a presser of this nature unless they were pretty sure it was Lyric and Elizabeth.

Prayers for their families and friends.

Thinking back on it, what a miracle these girls were found. A miracle. If they hadn't been located, I think how much worse this would be....the not knowing, the always looking...and not having at least the opportunity to look for a perp.

I just feel very sad, as you all do as well. But I'm thankful in a strange sort of way.

says the bodies were found near Myers Lake. Interesting that these bodies were not found during earlier and repeated searches in that area, no?

I'm going to say that there's no way they were found by Meyers lake. Not only has that area been searched a million times but there's no way you can be hunting in that area. It's in the middle of a residential neighborhood. It's also not heavily wooded. It could be in the local area but not that specific area.

Yes...KMTV's report is incorrect. That is a station in Omaha, NE, I believe. I suppose, relative to Omaha, Meyers Lake is close to where they were found, but I personally have heard from family that the bodies were found by hunters in Bremer County, north of here.

I live across the road from Meyers Lake, I've been here most of the day. There is no hunting anywhere near Meyers Lake, we are well within city limits. There has been no LE activity at the lake whatsoever today as far as I've seen.

That explains the use to the word "near"
:banghead:

Yes...KMTV's report is incorrect. That is a station in Omaha, NE, I believe. I suppose, relative to Omaha, Meyers Lake is close to where they were found, but I personally have heard from family that the bodies were found by hunters in Bremer County, north of here.

I live across the road from Meyers Lake, I've been here most of the day. There is no hunting anywhere near Meyers Lake, we are well within city limits. There has been no LE activity at the lake whatsoever today as far as I've seen.

Thank you for that. How far is Bremer Co from Meyers Lake?

This is so incredibly sad. I had held out hope for a miracle.

I'm sure there wouldn't have been a presser of this nature unless they were pretty sure it was Lyric and Elizabeth.

Prayers for their families and friends.

I am thinking the girls were dressed and a preliminary ID has been made by clothing or accessories found on or near the bodies. I don't think LE would make this big of a deal and the family would have made a statement without some kind of piece of evidence that was directly related to these babies.

What overwhelming sadness. I always prayed for a miracle. I'm trying to find some peace in this closure. Their families will now at least know their babies are not continuously suffering or wondering anymore. They can lay their babies to rest.

says the bodies were found near Myers Lake. Interesting that these bodies were not found during earlier and repeated searches in that area, no?

I think this is a media mistake. The bodies weren't found in or near Myers Lake.

Can you link the report, clu? I listened to the presser. LE will not say exactly where the bodies were located but they were in the woods and found by hunters. LE would not confirm they were female childrens' bodies either. But we all got the message. These are our missing girls. :(

Sadness for these angels and their families :anguish:

Still processing...processing. Trying to accept....

I can't imagine two bodies being found together could be anyone except for the girls.

But I do wonder at the wording earlier, before the PC, saying that they were waiting as "no one would want to miss this" or words to that effect; that made me feel that they had some good news, not the worst possible. I found it strange anyway. It was posted earlier, no link at the moment, some pages back.

Groan, so sad.

I'm all choked up and speechless.

Thank you for that. How far is Bremer Co from Meyers Lake?

We are in Blackhawk County, Bremer Co is the next county north. The bodies were found about a half-hour's drive from Meyers Lake, from what I've been told.

We are in Blackhawk County, Bremer Co is the next county north. The bodies were found about a half-hour's drive from Meyers Lake, from what I've been told.

Olli, is that anywhere near Waterloo?

Tia.

My God...these poor families. Right before the holidays. How absolutely heart wrenching this is going to be.

Why? WHY!!!!???

I pray that there is evidence to find out who on earth did this...:furious:

So many emotions right now...but the greatest of these is complete sadness. I can't even imagine what these families are feeling right now. Talk about bringing someone to their knees in heartache.

God bless this family and may this discovery bring the peace this family deserves.

My husband pointed out that if the weather hadn't stayed so mild in this area of the country, the hunters would not have found them now. It may have been a very long time before the angels were discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse