IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can believe it. They drive straight at me in my lane, where I live.
Usually are texting or on a cell phone ..

Did Lyric or Lizzie have a cell phone! ? :please:

Lyric had a cell phone that had been left at home. Elizabeth had one that was only used to play games and it was left at the lake with her purse and the bikes.

I don't know I have never riden past a dead body, but you could be right. In western movies they don't seem to mind.

The horses my friend and I used to ride didn't even want to go past a dead sheep. We had to cut our ride short and go get her dad to move it.

I think I'm going to turn in also. Let's just hope tomorrow brings more light to this horrible case. Night Websleuth friends.

I'm reading a biker can make the trip from Meyers to 7 Bridges in 1 hour & 42 minutes. The speeds of an ATV are pretty fast. They can go like a motorcycle for miles on a gallon of gas. 19 to 42 miles/gallon.

Now what towns and what direction does this perp live in with access to and knowledge of both areas. I'm just getting some facts out of the way is all. Not accusing a family member. Just thoughts & doubts that need cleared up in my mind.

jmo

Adair88, many folks prefer primitive camping. Someone posted earlier that there were the remnants of a campfire near the 7 bridges crime scene. The river is the water source..

I am confident that there would have been other outdoor persons in the area over the past 5 months which would have contaminated the area around the remains location, imo.

Foxfire, the river was at historic lows last summer. Not only was the fishing not good, the water was probably infested with giardia (a lot of surface water in Iowa has giardia, particularly in areas with lots of deer).

I'm sure that LE is picking up hundreds, if not thousands, of items. The vast majority of which will have no connection to the case at all. That's just the way it goes.

I don't know I have never riden past a dead body, but you could be right. In western movies they don't seem to mind.

I have. What startles the horses is a large (living? animate?) object that
is motionless on the ground. They arent convinced it wont spring up on
them. Will do the same thing near a dead bear, deer, cow-steer ... and
they smell death. Will sometimes even balk at an old car or truck left to
rust. They need to be sure it doesn't pose a threat and its hard to
convince them it doesn't. They are even cautious around another dead
horse on the ground .. at least all of our horses always were.

This is a few miles away from where the girls were found:

Sunday, October 7 2012, 05:48 PM CDT

The Jones County Seriffs Office responded to the Wapsipinicon River near the 65th Avenue bridge, about five miles south of Wyoming.
Deputies were told a small jon boat had capsized after getting stuck on a tree snag.
Two men were reportedly on the boat, both wearing heavy coveralls due to the weather, and neither one wearing life jackets.
60-year-old Douglas Berkhoff of Davenport was taken to the Maquoketa Hospital for non-lifethreatening injuries.
52-year-old Wylie Tredway of Wyoming was recovered a short time after emergency responders arrived, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
This accident is still under investigation.

http://www.cbs2iowa.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_12855.shtml

Elizabeth had one that was only used to play games and it was left at the lake with her purse and the bikes.[/quote]

Interesting. Hope they examined it - took prints from it.

I'm reading a biker can make the trip from Meyers to 7 Bridges in 1 hour & 42 minutes. The speeds of an ATV are pretty fast. They can go like a motorcycle for miles on a gallon of gas. 19 to 42 miles/gallon.

Now what towns and what direction does this perp live in with access to and knowledge of both areas. I'm just getting some facts out of the way is all. Not accusing a family member. Just thoughts & doubts that need cleared up in my mind.

jmo

After looking at Hollye's maps I was wondering about this:

A question for the locals; looking at Hollye's map, are there farms to the south, southwest and west of the spot where the girls were found? Is it just a few farm houses or are there developments, trailer parks and random houses? TIA

ERA: buildings in a radius of 3-10 miles from the spot where they were found.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...406effc9c7306f

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #22

Drought affecting wildlife in Iowa [no mention of pigs] ;)

Auel helps maintain the Sweet Marsh Wildlife Management Area near Tripoli. One of his responsibilities is making sure shallow basins along the Wapsipinicon River hold water to attract ducks in the fall.

Normally, the man-made flooding process covering 800 acres begins in mid-August and takes no more than three weeks.

"With the current flow that we're having, its going to take us close to two months," Auel says. " ... We have stop logs in to hold as much water as we can right now."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/dr...cle_1280cb2c-9f3c-5925-a9e1-71886ade8979.html

All I see is farmland and the city of Readlyn to the west of the area. A few barns or farm houses/homes scattered but large acre farms with fields then the woods around 7 bridges. I think that after the perp(s) left Evansdales city limits, it's pretty much out in the open with scattered homes or whatever here and there. Locals would know better, I'm basing my facts on possibly an antiquated google map at the moment.

jmo

Now I think its funny! Precious little to celebrate right now so any little thing counts! BRING ON THE HOAGS! SUI SUI SUI - GO HOGS! :great::please: Maybe a team of smart hogs could track the perp! ??? I would be all for that ....

;)

Glad I could provide a little levity. I can laugh at myself. Gld you can as well. This case had hit so many so hard.

Sometimes you gotta laugh or you will cry.

I've been working all night, but earlier it was mentioned that they found another body under a bridge in the Seven Bridge area? Has there been anything else mentioned about this? Thanks in advance!

In the wake of the discovery of the bodies of two Iowa girls who had been missing for nearly five months, talk of reinstating the death penalty in Iowa has bubbled back up.

One GOP state senator says he intends to introduce a death penalty bill, but it’s not likely that there is enough support in the Iowa Legislature for it to pass this coming session.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...-deaths-lead-talk-reviving-death-penalty-Iowa

I am not advocating the death penalty - I just posted this to show the depth of emotion that many are feeling about the loss of Lyric and Lizzie.

I was afraid of that.

Time to fire up my keyboard. <sigh>

It would be nice if the perp left behind a token as in the Jessica Ridgeway case. ie, cross, or something to be used to identify the perp.

a business card would be even better!!! :great:

This is a few miles away from where the girls were found:

Sunday, October 7 2012, 05:48 PM CDT

The Jones County Seriffs Office responded to the Wapsipinicon River near the 65th Avenue bridge, about five miles south of Wyoming.
Deputies were told a small jon boat had capsized after getting stuck on a tree snag.
Two men were reportedly on the boat, both wearing heavy coveralls due to the weather, and neither one wearing life jackets.
60-year-old Douglas Berkhoff of Davenport was taken to the Maquoketa Hospital for non-lifethreatening injuries.
52-year-old Wylie Tredway of Wyoming was recovered a short time after emergency responders arrived, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
This accident is still under investigation.

http://www.cbs2iowa.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_12855.shtml

Would it be possible for one of our "Map Wizards" to look at this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member