IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several cases where a perp took control of a couple together even though he was only attracted to women. So he immobilises the man (often by shooting him) and assaults the woman before killing her. In such cases, where there is a potential victim the perp wants, anyone else present is superfluous.

It's also amazing how many times the perp attempts to kill the male half of the couple but fails out of sheer disinterest. In cases where a couple is taken and one person survives, it's almost always the man. The woman is usually a victim of overkill.

If this perp were only interested in Elizabeth or Lyric, he would just kill the one and assault the other before killing her.

And here's a possible theory for the placement of the bodies at 7 Bridges. The perp killed Elizabeth in his vehicle, then walked Lyric through the woods and to the clearing where he assaulted and then killed her. Afterwards, he went back to his vehicle and carried Elizabeth to the same clearing but was either unable to find Lyric's body or just didn't care.

Obviously this assumes that the killer wanted Lyric and to him, Elizabeth was just inconvenient.

Could be!
Maybe he did want both!

I am trying to reason why both girls were taken that day.
Just cause they were together... at the time.

It does not appear that one was lured and the other was an inconvenience.
yet still is a possibility...

Ok, I've only watched about 30 seconds of the interview but does anyone else find it kind of strange that Drew rec'd a call from his PASTOR to round up all of the family members and to report to city hall?

Why wouldn't that call have been made from LE directly to the parents? I understand their faith and all, but I'm not sure that a call from LE to the pastor to notify the parents to come in is really a common police procedure.

Nothing more than IMO a bit strange...back to watching the rest of the interview.:waitasec:

In the earlier interview with Heather alone, she said something that indicated that the families had worked out with LE the protocol for how they wanted to hear important news about the case. She said something along the lines of 'went to city hall, as agreed."

I'm certain that LE involved the families in the decision as to how they wanted to be notified of important developments. It's obvious that their religion is very important to Heather and Drew, so it makes sense to me that they would prefer to hear from their pastor.

And I can't imagine any minister, pastor, priest, shaman or monk worth their salt refusing to take on such a duty.

I am not sure why people think it matters in this case, but I would like to say...
While men may continue to get taller until their early 20's a females height does NOT.

I won't even speculate as to where Lyric was developmentally speaking but...
After the first period a females height typically only increases by +/- 2-3 inches.

The earlier that is the shorter the females stature will be.

"Once girls start to menstruate, they usually grow about 1 or 2 more inches, reaching their final adult height by about age 14 or 15 years (younger or older depending on when puberty began)."

http://kidshealth.org/parent/growth/growth/growth_13_to_18.html

Yep. I've been 5'4" since age 10 when I started my cycle. I only grew outward from there. I was supposed to be tall and would have been if puberty would have waited a few more years. I can say that I definitely looked much older than I was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There are pedophiles who might like that Lyric is almost adult size, but is still a child. No matter what her body looks like, they know that they are assaulting a little girl. :(

Yep. I've been 5'4" since age 10 when I started my cycle. I only grew outward from there. I was supposed to be tall and would have been if puberty would have waited a few more years. I can say that I definitely looked much older than I was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lol, I was also about 5'4 and 10 years old. And I weigh less now than I did then, I think. But somehow now I am 5'3...:)

If one of the girls was targetted for sexual reasons (pedo) the question continues to be raised: why not just take whichever girl was the perp's "type" and leave the other?

SPECULATION: Because to snatch one leaving the other means the alarm is raised almost immediately via the one left behind. Taking them both allowed the perp valuable hours before alarms were raised. It left LE with no answers as to perp's description, method, vehicle, location of abduction, etc. Had one cousin been left behind while primary target was taken, LE could have had some or all of that valuable info.

In addition, the perp could have used threats against one to obtain obedience of the other.

Lastly, if there was sexaul assault, the primary, or target, could very well have been the only one subjected to that particular indignity, while the other was dispatched almost immediatly upon being taken to wherever the perp took them. :(

:cow:

I don't believe that most RSO's are that specific when it comes to age of their victims. They may have a preferred type, but when they are determined, for lack of another word, I think they will improvise. And if they had taken only one child, the other would have had a description and would have gone for help at once.

Thank you, I agree. I think, in most cases, a pedophile will have a preference that goes about as far as prepubescent, adolescent, etc. I don't think the difference between an 8 and 10 year-old, regardless of size difference (as I think it is physical development, not necessarily size that's a factor) is significant.

Yeppers. 5'11" here and I was 13 when I began my cycles. The last of my friends to do so. Whoa. Way TMI. Sorry.

I'm 5'6" and I was almost 16; but back then, that was considered somewhat later than usual but not a late bloomer. I had a friend who was 6 feet tall who didn't start her period until she was 20 and she was definitely called a late bloomer.

Yes, I am only about 5 minutes younger than dirt.

Or back to the theory of 2 pervs.
Or both girls were in bondage and could not escape.

I find it so sad that (it appears) misty doesn't want th girls buried together. Would've been a lovely gesture, together in life and in death.

I just got done watching the interview in it's entirety. I have NEVER in my life seen two people so strong in their faith as Heather and Drew are. It just blows me away. What a wonderful couple they are, and just beautiful people. I was angry and upset before about Lizzie and Lyric, but after watching the home Lizzie and sometimes Lyric was ripped from, I am furious!! :furious: I truly hope this person burns :moo:

Incredible people. I have upmost respect for them.

In considering the proximity of the bodies near the river, the water could have benn useful to a perp who, despite choosing a good hiding place, could not be 100% sure that the bodies would remain undiscovered for as long as they did. Water could be used to do a rudimentary job of attempting to clean his DNA from girls and to likewise attempt to remove theirs from himself.

Im sorry I don't recall the poster who originally mentoned the river may have been used to wash up. Wanted to comment on it at the time and just now remembered.

I agree, the water could have been just as much apro for the perp as a con.

just thinking out loud.

I've been that 145lb. 10year old girl getting molested by someone also after a tinier girl. You don't know what you are talking about.

As a fellow survivor of childhood sexual abuse, I agree with you.

However I am not speaking of your or my childhoods (clearly we were not murdered and dumped in a forest), nor am I speaking of a theoretical 10 year old and 8 year old of differing sizes who may or may not be abused by their parent/carer/neighbour/teacher/priest/neighbourhood creep.

I am speaking specifically to Lizzie and Lyric's situation, the circumstances of the abduction, the direction of LE focus, the irregularities in certain areas, the fact they were indeed abducted unseen in the middle of town in the middle of the day, and promptly murdered, and most specifically, what Drew said.

We still don't know if this is a sexual crime.

Yeppers. 5'11" here and I was 13 when I began my cycles. The last of my friends to do so. Whoa. Way TMI. Sorry.

... but ... were you 5'9" to 5'11" at the age of 13? Is it true that girls stop growing after they reach puberty?

While sexual assault is high on the stat list for the abduction and murder of two young children (especially girls), we still don't know if there is any evidence to point to such. I wonder, if it's true the girls were murdered on or very near to the day they went missing, and that their bodies were in a high state of decomposition, if sexual assault can be proven at that stage?

There may have been signs suggesting such at the scene, but what if Seven Bridges was a 'dump site' after all? Can forensics still come up with anything to concretely lead to sexual assault?

I guess my wondering is related to motive here, which could be vitally important.

... but ... were you 5'9" to 5'11" at the age of 13? Is it true that girls stop growing after they reach puberty?

Not in my case. I was probably about 5'6". I continued to grow until I was about 16 or so.

I know my little sister was an even later bloomer than I and she went from being one of the shortest girls in her class in 6th grade to the tallest in 10th grade. She is now taller (and thinner) than me, lol!

Amazing individuals. Both Heather and Drew.

I don't have a religious bone in my entire body. Not a sliver.

Epiphany, an ah-ha moment.

Salt of the earth these two. People like this, restore my faith in humanity.

I'm a bit like you with the bones, but I might become more religious if it meant salvaging my sanity in a situation such as this.

By having absolutely no interest in who this guy is, or what he did to the children, he becomes a complete nobody ... just another damaged individual with evil in his mind; a deviant that hurts children ... the only focus being on finding him before he does it again. I admire them for their strength. Drew looked more well rested than he has in the last 5 months. I suppose knowing that it's over is a huge relief ... not knowing must have been torment. To lose a first born child must be extremely difficult ... like when she talked about eating huge bowls of ice cream together after the other children were asleep.

I'm just now watching the interview with Heather and Drew. I can not believe the comments that some fools have written in the comments section!! What the hell is wrong with people??!! :furious:

Sorry. Just had to share that with someone who cares. Ugh. Not trying to bring comments over. Just had to vent. Grrr...

At barely 5'4" I fall into the category of "tallish elf." I'm good with that. (I'm not sure I can even remember the age that hit its peak lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV