IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I have had some reading to do.

I don't think Drew and Heather would have said their little girl didn't die on that date, if they didn't know it for sure.

At the end of the day they don't really need to include her date of birth or death in the announcement first place, really, and it can be added later to a gravestone where it's most important.

The entire world knows exactly which Elizabeth Collins she is so the inclusion of her specific lifeline tells me they know Lizzie did not live through the day. :(

I'm 5'6" and I was almost 16; but back then, that was considered somewhat later than usual but not a late bloomer. I had a friend who was 6 feet tall who didn't start her period until she was 20 and she was definitely called a late bloomer.

Yes, I am only about 5 minutes younger than dirt.

I think I graduated with dirt's older brother.....

But Holy Moly! 20? I think maybe I'd be worried to be that old and not having periods.

It does wig me out a bit that girls seem to hit puberty so much sooner than they did even in mu generation. I have been keeping the fish eye on my DD since she was 8 and started smelling a little funky in the pit area after ball games.

I was just CONVINCED she was going to start by the time she was ten, also because although she has my height, she has a much stockier, rounder build than I did at her age and I know that a higher BMI can kickstart early puberty.

But so far, just some very tiny signs...mostly still a big "little" girl. And even more importantly, she is emotionally still a little girl. I just LOVE that. :). She'd rather ride her scooter and climb trees and play Barbies than check out boys. Yay!

My daughter was (is) gorgeous and popular with boys, but is a 20 year old non-dater.

She's just not ready yet, she says school comes first.

Dream kid, nothing at all like her mother!!!!

I think there's a high likelyhood there will be evidence on the girls, Morgan Harrington was in a field for 6 months and there was dna on or with her skeletal remains.
I think they haven't released the bodies so they can continue with more sophisticated forensic testing on the remains, I can think of no other reason for the bodies to remain with the ME.
I pray that the killer is not the great white shark of offenders, such as with April Marie Tinsley.

If one of the girls was targetted for sexual reasons (pedo) the question continues to be raised: why not just take whichever girl was the perp's "type" and leave the other?

SPECULATION: Because to snatch one leaving the other means the alarm is raised almost immediately via the one left behind. Taking them both allowed the perp valuable hours before alarms were raised. It left LE with no answers as to perp's description, method, vehicle, location of abduction, etc. Had one cousin been left behind while primary target was taken, LE could have had some or all of that valuable info.

In addition, the perp could have used threats against one to obtain obedience of the other.

Lastly, if there was sexaul assault, the primary, or target, could very well have been the only one subjected to that particular indignity, while the other was dispatched almost immediatly upon being taken to wherever the perp took them. :(

:cow:

I guess CMF is not worth looking at then cause I read on here he isn't smart enough to tie his shoelaces. :blushing: I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

Not in my case. I was probably about 5'6". I continued to grow until I was about 16 or so.

I know my little sister was an even later bloomer than I and she went from being one of the shortest girls in her class in 6th grade to the tallest in 10th grade. She is now taller (and thinner) than me, lol!

Although I haven't found a link yet, I remember reading (years ago) that boys and girls grow into their very early 20s, although the growth amount in height is very small in the last few years. Growth charts I found earlier today went to the age of 20. Being 5'6" at age 13 (puberty) and 5'11" at age 18 contradicts the theory that girls stop growing when they reach puberty.

So, in context, Lyric, at 4'11" would not have stopped growing, especially with size nine women's feet.

I find it so sad that (it appears) misty doesn't want th girls buried together. Would've been a lovely gesture, together in life and in death.

I got the feeling that it was the Collinses who wanted separation for the girls now, for their memorials and burials. Is that not the case? I have no link to base this on, just the "feel" of several of the articles.

I'm just now watching the interview with Heather and Drew. I can not believe the comments that some fools have written in the comments section!! What the hell is wrong with people??!! :furious:

Sorry. Just had to share that with someone who cares. Ugh. Not trying to bring comments over. Just had to vent. Grrr...

Yeah, there are just "some" people you truly have to wonder about, eh? :notgood:

OT, TMI I was 4'11" and 98lbs at 14 and at 16 when I started I shot to 5'7.5" and 120 lbs. Been that height ever since. (Weight, I wish!)

Although I haven't found a link yet, I remember reading (years ago) that boys and girls grow into their very early 20s, although the growth amount in height is very small in the last few years. Growth charts I found earlier today went to the age of 20. Being 5'6" at age 13 (puberty) and 5'11" at age 18 contradicts the theory that girls stop growing when they reach puberty.

So, in context, Lyric, at 4'11" would not have stopped growing, especially with size nine women's feet.

Oh gee, I wouldn't imagine so. The height of her parents ought to be considered also. Misty appears to be tallish, as does Dan, but it's hard to say for sure.

I would imagine Lyric may have grown to be of average height (5'4"-5'6"). Not a scientific estimate, just a guess based on her apparent size and that of her parents. MOO

... but ... were you 5'9" to 5'11" at the age of 13? Is it true that girls stop growing after they reach puberty?

I was 5'9" when I was 13 and never grew anymore. I slimmed down as I became a teenager (lost the baby fat I guess). I have 6 adult daughters and all stopped growing when their cycle began.

I've been pretty much the same size all over since I was 12 or so, I started at 13, a bit lateish compared to my friends.

A few extra pounds up or down at different times is the only difference.

ETA both my kids are slim and taller than either me or their father, and myself and my brothers were all taller than our parents.

I got the feeling that it was the Collinses who wanted separation for the girls now, for their memorials and burials. Is that not the case? I have no link to base this on, just the "feel" of several of the articles.

In today's video, Heather says she wanted a joint memorial, that the community wanted it also, but that Misty did not want this.

I guess CMF is not worth looking at then cause I read on here he isn't smart enough to tie his shoelaces. :blushing: I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

lol.

I am content to let that RSO person possibility run its investigative course in law enforcement's hands. If it has done so already, all the better.

I don't know if the shoelace asessment is correct, although the author does turn a word and I had to laugh.

Isn't it funny how an image can create so many different impressions?

I was always considered to be the runt of the litter, but you guys just make me feel like a shrimp. I've been 5'4" since I was 15, but at 12 I was 4'10" and weighed 74#.

In today's video, Heather says she wanted a joint memorial, that the community wanted it also, but that Misty did not want this.

Thank you! I did not know that. It seemed there was a discussion yesterday(?) on the thread about this and I recalled folks were defending the Collins' decision not to include Lyric in any memorials. I assumed that was because of something quoted in a MSM article.

You rock!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member