IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried all the links and can't get a single one to work :( Really bummed I am missing out on this....

Darn it! It's up now on the church website:
http://www.heartlandvineyard.org/generic/life-love-of-elizabeth-celebration.aspx

It does say Internet Explorer is required to view it.

Here's an alternate link they gave: http://www.kwwl.com/category/245958/live-on-kwwlcom

And just so they're all in one place, here's the KCRG one: http://www.kcrg.com/streaming2

The video's a little less choppy on the church and KWWL ones IMO, but the KCRG reporter moves around more, zooms in and out, etc so you can see more.

I just heard them say "Are you ready to go walk in with them?" I have a massive lump in my throat right now.

Darn it! It's up now on the church website:
http://www.heartlandvineyard.org/generic/life-love-of-elizabeth-celebration.aspx

It does say Internet Explorer is required to view it.

Here's an alternate link they gave: http://www.kwwl.com/category/245958/live-on-kwwlcom

And just so they're all in one place, here's the KCRG one: http://www.kcrg.com/streaming2

The video's a little less choppy on the church and KWWL ones IMO, but the KCRG reporter moves around more, zooms in and out, etc so you can see more.

Just wanted to add, the audio's much better on KWWL and the church one too. I have them all up, but the audio muted on KCRG.

Here they come. :cry: :tears:

We have to stop meeting like this. Tears flowing, again.

This is so moving and sweet, but I have to stop watching........I'm so sad that a miserable evil 'thang' took the life of this beautiful little girl and her cousin!

I got it to work now. Thanks to all of you who tried to help. I have my kleenex ready to go...... you guys, this is hard :grouphug:

I know LE is doing their best on this case, but I'm still frustrated that no arrest has been made.

I just can't comprehend how someone can possibly take 2 little girls in broad daylight, kill them, and dump their bodies and NOT have left something behind (DNA, vehicle caught on camera, someone missing from work, all the factors) and possibly still be out there.

I just keep going back to the Evelyn Miller case where it was like 7 years before they finally charged Fredrickson ONLY because he slipped up and had disclosed info to someone in jail that only the killer would know.

They claim they have DNA, testimonies, etc. but never officially charged him. The family said they knew all along that he was who killed her but the police never made that arrest...he was already IN jail when he was charged.

It just frustrates the hell out of me that they waited for that "slip up" to charge him. Does that somehow seal the deal at putting him away? I certainly hope not because if on some stupid technicality that gets thrown out does that mean that the case is down the drain? Certainly not...

I know that LE has to be extremely diligent in every piece of a case, but to what extent? Do we just continue to "build the case" for decades?

I certainly don't know all their is to know about investigations but it just annoys me how long the "case building" takes sometimes before an arrest is made.

I won't feel relief until an arrest is made...and until then the warnings should be out there in big red letters that yes, they admit there is a killer on the loose and they don't have enough evidence to make an arrest.

I certainly hope LE doesn't build this case the same way poor little Evelyn's was built...all it takes would be for THIS double murder to keep his mouth shut and we may never know who did this. :(

So frustrating...sorry for the mini rant.:banghead:

Keep in mind that Frederickson was already incarcerated and had been for the majority of the last 5 years. So it's not like he was going anywhere.

The problem with the Evelyn Miller case is that Frederickson was living in the same home as she was. So it was only to be expected to find a certain amount of her DNA on his clothes, in his car, etc. Likewise for his DNA on her clothes.

But LE was very clear from almost the beginning that Frederickson was their top and only suspect. Every time a spokesperson for the police would do an interview, they would talk about him and tell his alibi in such a way that the big holes in it were obvious.

I think it will be easier to make a case for Elizabeth and Lyric, since LE says their families are not POI or suspects. Where Frederickson's DNA on some piece of Evelyn's clothing could have an innocent explanation, there's not going to be any such innocent explanation in this case.

I feel pretty certain that LE has already interviewed the perp and has evidence but they haven't put all the pieces together yet. Almost always, the perp is interviewed in the first 4 weeks of an investigation; the problem is, LE doesn't always realise they are talking to the perp.

There are lots of things that can get in the way. For instance, if the perp has a friend who swears up and down that the perp spent 13 July in their home. Or the perp clocked in at work, pretended to feel sick, left and got a buddy to punch out their time card at the usual time.

Somewhere, someone out there has the missing key. They may not even realise right now that their little bit of information is the key.

No parents, no family, no community should have to experience this.

There isn't much I can do for Heather & Drew, but right now I can share in the celebration of Elizabeth's life. And cry.

Please pass the Kleenex.

:candle:

Heather is just such an amazing woman.....so strong in her faith......just a beautiful person, inside and out.

After the interview yesterday (which I haven't yet completely viewed), I think that we have two new pieces of information. The children's shoes were at the scene and the day they were murdered is given as July 13. That suggests to me that the girls were taken directly to the 7 Bridges park, wearing their shoes, and murdered. From there, I think we know two things: the perp is local (which we pretty much already knew), and the perp had to get back to his life by Saturday. I strongly suspect that the perp has returned to the scene more than once to check out whether the bodies continued to be difficult to find. I also doubt that anyone starts their criminal career by abducting two young girls, so this person is on someone's radar. I would bet that this person travels with a powerful flashlight in the vehicle to navigate the area at night. I would also bet that this person has mentioned the park in casual conversation during the last 5 months ... and shown too much interest in the investigation. Hopefully there will be an arrest soon.

I agree with almost all of the above.

We know three things. The third is that Lieberman's (the reporter) source was not accurate.

Reason #837459 never to believe anything seen on NG or JVM.

Celebration of Life:

Mother very poised. Read a little from paper. Then spoke without notes. IMO, not stoic, but genuinely believes that her daughter is in a better place, that life is eternal, this was Elizabeth's earthly life.

I think it will be easier to make a case for Elizabeth and Lyric, since LE says their families are not POI or suspects. Where Frederickson's DNA on some piece of Evelyn's clothing could have an innocent explanation, there's not going to be any such innocent explanation in this case.

I feel pretty certain that LE has already interviewed the perp and has evidence but they haven't put all the pieces together yet. Almost always, the perp is interviewed in the first 4 weeks of an investigation; the problem is, LE doesn't always realise they are talking to the perp.

There are lots of things that can get in the way. For instance, if the perp has a friend who swears up and down that the perp spent 13 July in their home. Or the perp clocked in at work, pretended to feel sick, left and got a buddy to punch out their time card at the usual time.

Somewhere, someone out there has the missing key. They may not even realise right now that their little bit of information is the key.

Yup, yup, yup and another yup. ITA

I feel so bad for this entire family...and yet so many questions still remain regarding the separation between the girl's families.

I am still trying to wrap my head about what they may be feeling. Heather and Drew have stated they feel that this crime was probably committed by a SO...so, it confuses me as to why "despite the coming together in the first few hours during their disappearance there is still a separation of the familiy" (paraphrasing from the QC link).

Also in that article she states that it was indeed the Collins' decision to have separate celebrations, and not hers (which I feel is completely understandable) and "that's all I'm going to say about that...I'm not going to chase anybody down" (again paraphrasing).

If Collins's feel that a SO did this, I wonder why there is still this "edge" between the families and clear tension.

I am beginning to wonder (and this is COMPLETELY MOO) if Heather feels disdain for Misty/Dan/Tammy etc. and the "other" side of the family because she felt she had done everything "the right way" and her little girl was still somehow caught up in a tragedy that involved the "other" side of the family...the one who was drug riddled, jail frequenting, less than ideal parenting, etc...and she feels she did everything the OPPOSITE and is just pissed, period. KWIM?

Even though she is an amazing woman of faith, maybe she feels like she did everything the "right way" by being very involved in her church, a solid home where both parents are not only in the home, but very loving etc. and still feels brought down by "other side of the family".

I don't feel like I'm explaining myself so people understand what I'm trying to say so I'm just going to say it:

I wonder if Heather feels like she doesn't want Elizabeth's death to be associated with Lyric's "side" of the family and all of the negative connotation that goes along with it.

I don't doubt that she will be at Lyric's funeral/celebration of life and the likewise for Misty/Dan at Elizabeth's, but I just wonder if there isn't something deeper going on with this divide.:twocents:

Thanks wasn't enough.

I think I understand what you're saying and I agree totally.

During the interview with Heather and Drew, I wondered what it was like for Misty to be the "messed up" kid in the family (Heather pointed out that Misty's problems go back to age 12) and to have Heather as an older sister. I'm sure it wasn't easy for either sister and I am sure neither sister really understands why the other sister feels so hurt and angry.

Common sense suggested that they were abducted and murdered. How is knowing that suspicious?

I was certain they had been killed after Meyer's Lake had been dragged, which was Sunday 15 July.

Does that make me a suspect too?

The sky is pink and purple EVERYWHERE tonight! This pic is from PA. My husband is in CA and he says the sky is pink and purple there too.

Attachments

• IMAG1291.jpg
    IMAG1291.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 54
The sky is pink and purple EVERYWHERE tonight! This pic is from PA. My husband is in CA and he says the sky is pink and purple there too.

Wow... talk about a picture says a 1,000 words! That alone could make a 'believer' out of more than a few.
That
is
beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads