IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@iamnotagolem have not checked the comments in the CF photo posting.

Am sitting outside the memorial service unable to go in, but will say a prayer and go home and love on my kids. Rest in peace beautiful child. :( :(

Is there any other links for the live stream of Elizabeth's celebration? I can't seem to get that one to work. TIA

BBM

If the perp was not familiar with hunting, then it's possible he didn't know it was a hunting area.

I've found most people who aren't familiar with various topics know very little about them. Does that make sense? For example, we love to shoot, hike and do off roading. As such we know where we can legally shoot, where hiking trails are and where off roading trails are located. There are people who potentially live within a 1/4 mile of where we do such activities who are completely unaware that such things exist so close to home.

I hope that makes sense. Basically city folk who are not outdoorsy rarely know how frequented hunting ground can be visited.

If the perp lives locally (and the evidence suggests he does) then he would know about hunting.

He'd also know about the party kids, the kayakers, and the mushroom pickers.

It wasn't that isolated a spot, which is evidenced by the fact that someone actually did stumble over the girls, within weeks of the growth dying down.

It's a strange place to leave them, in my opinion.

The only thing that really makes sense to me is that someone/s was in a hurry, and perhaps planned to go back for whatever nefarious reason, and was prevented from doing so.

I'm hoping it was because LE were up his butt so far he couldn't even scratch himself without them knowing.

:cow:

@iamnotagolem have not checked the comments in the CF photo posting.

I can't remember how to get back to that FB page. I'm sure there are billions of comments on there now. When I looked there were less than 20, I think there were 13. If I can figure out how to get back to the page I'll see.

Ron Steele (I think it's him) says Misty is expected to attend the memorial for Elizabeth.

ETA: Off camera, someone is thanking Ron for the interview he did with Heather and Collins. He thanked her and said Heather told him there was no time limit on the interview, so they talked for almost 70 minutes.

I definitely don't think hit man. I think it may be a first time killing, but probably not the first time this person has committed a crime.

So then my next question is, why kill the kids? Why not kill the adult or just beat the adult to within an inch of his or her life? Both of these could send a message or fill a need for revenge. I'm not saying that it's impossible, just trying to figure out what turns someone into a child-killer their first time committing murder.

Am sitting outside the memorial service unable to go in, but will say a prayer and go home and love on my kids. Rest in peace beautiful child. :( :(

{{Hugs}} peeples.. Not posting much tonight..I just want to be here with people who fell in love with the girls like I did..

If the perp lives locally (and the evidence suggests he does) then he would know about hunting.

It wasn't that isolated a spot, which is evidenced by the fact that someone actually did stumble over the girls, within weeks of the growth dying down.

The only thing that really makes sense to me is that someone/s was in a hurry, and perhaps planned to go back for whatever nefarious reason, and was prevented from doing so.

I'm hoping it was because LE were up his butt so far he couldn't even scratch himself without them knowing.

BBM

I am not trying to be snarky, but that is not a fact and it is impossible for you to know that.

I grew up in very, very, very rural Kansas. This does not mean I grew up hunting, even if 75% of my classmates did. You can certainly live in rural areas and not know what is around you. I never shot a gun until I was married.

I never partied or knew where the party places were.

While most of my classmates knew all the party places, I knew every back road in the county and every fishing hole, where to catch catfish and where to catch crappie and bass.

The perp very well could have been a hunter and an outdoorsman, but based on the information we have, we simply do not know. I would hate for us all to get tunnel vision because the girls were found 21 miles out of town.

It could have been a city guy, shop owner who spent his time shooting billiards, bowling and other indoor things that indoor people do.

I won't bore everyone with a blow by blow of the Livestream, but in case anyone can't watch it and would like a few highlights from the "visiting" portion that's on right now.

- The sunset as people were arriving was apparently pink and purple. (I know this is a repeat, just wanted to keep it w/the other highlights).

- This is a "mega church" and the line to hug Drew and Heather is down a very long hall the way and all the way out the door into the parking lot. Funeral director told the reporter that this is unusual and the reporter added "but not surprising."

- Sorry this one's kinda morbid but relating to the discussions we had earlier, the reporter said that the girls were "killed within a few hours" of their abduction on Friday the 13th. It sounded like he was practicing for an upcoming news segment maybe. No further specifics on how/where he got this info.

- Many girls that look around the ages of 'our girls' are there. I've seen a couple of them hugging Heather and clinging to her like they didn't want to let go.

- There was a couple near Heather and Drew for the past hour or so, mostly standing next to or behind them. I don't know who they are, but they have a young baby. I'm not good at guessing baby ages but I wouldn't doubt this baby might've been a newborn or not even born yet when the girls disappeared. It's a startling contrast to see the sadness in peoples eyes, strain on Drew and Heather's faces, smiles behind tears, then see this absolutely adorable baby smiling and laughing. I find myself wondering if Elizabeth knew/met him or her. I'm not normally one to read a lot into these things, but I swear a little bit of Elizabeth's spirit and love for life is in that baby's laugh.

- According to the reporter, Aunt Tammy is there, Misty and Wylma are expected later.

- I haven't been able to get a good look at one yet, but read earlier that special "They Are Home" shirts have been made.

This is from another article/area, http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/stories/ but found a pic I hadn't seen before and thought this was a fitting time to share it:

50c8a3ed2cf0b.image.jpg

BBM

Police believe that it is a remote spot. If someone standing 5 feet from the body would most likely not see the body, how is the spot not isolated?

“There hasn’t been much need to be in the woods prior to last weekend,” he added. “Just kind of dumb luck they got in just the right spot at the right time.”

The remote location is mainly used by hunters, fisherman and the occasional camper. Those searching for mushrooms frequent the area in the spring.

“There are absolutely no facilities there, no boat ramp,” Siefken said. “Kayakers have to crawl up over a bank to get in and out, and there’s a little set of rapids right at the spot where you typically get out, so it’s more challenging.”

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_eb5c81b6-42db-11e2-b39a-001a4bcf887a.html

For those who are watching the live stream, is the video not very clear to you? I think it might be called pixiated. I'm not complaing about it, just wanting to knows if others are getting a better view. Thanks!

I have read some statistical data that suggests he may be local, but have not seen any evidence that suggests that.

Link please.

You can get .22 ammo that is so quiet it sounds like a pellet gun. Shoot in the backyard in town and no one hears.

I don't know that it indicates that it was preplanned, they may just use it to get rid of squirrels and stuff in city limits without getting in trouble.

Wow. Silent ammo.

Because most gun owners are law abiding citizens and if you are only a gun owner for your own protection you would not want your shots of self defense to be heard by anyone.

Oh wait....er, um.....errrrr

Oh never mind. Probably for shooting squirrels. Yep.

So then my next question is, why kill the kids? Why not kill the adult or just beat the adult to within an inch of his or her life? Both of these could send a message or fill a need for revenge. I'm not saying that it's impossible, just trying to figure out what turns someone into a child-killer their first time committing murder.

You're right, of course, both of your suggestions could send a message or fill a need for revenge.

I don't know why an adult was not targeted, other than to say I think a parent would suffer a lot more if their child went missing than if they were just shot dead. IMO.

Regarding the two motives I posted previously, I made the assumption that the girls were abducted and killed by someone either sending a message or seeking revenge. I further assumed that one or both of the girls knew their abductor(s) at least slightly. Maybe just someone they saw around and felt was safe, or someone they thought was a family friend. I felt the abductor(s) were doing this for the first time, but that he/she/they have a criminal history. I thought it was planned rather than random. And I felt there was no sexual component.

That is what I have believed to be the case, but am now questioning due to the bodies being found at Seven Bridges.

ETA: I still think this was someone local, and someone who participated in searches, vigils, etc. That hasn't changed.

I can't remember how to get back to that FB page. I'm sure there are billions of comments on there now. When I looked there were less than 20, I think there were 13. If I can figure out how to get back to the page I'll see.

Cedar Valley Mugshots. 123 comments now. I tried but I can't bring myself to read them instead of watching Elizabeth's celebration though.

Wow. Silent ammo.

Because most gun owners are law abiding citizens and if you are only a gun owner for your own protection you would not want your shots of self defense to be heard by anyone.

Oh wait....er, um.....errrrr

Oh never mind. Probably for shooting squirrels. Yep.

Seriously that is why we had it. Also for when teaching our kids to shoot we didn't want it to be super loud and scaring them. There are plenty of legitimate reasons for having silent ammo. Just like the reasons the military uses suppressors.

But I have never met anyone who would use a .22 in self defense (not that it wouldn't work, but you want that bad guy going down and in a hurry before he gets any shots in).

For those who are watching the live stream, is the video not very clear to you? I think it might be called pixiated. I'm not complaing about it, just wanting to knows if others are getting a better view. Thanks!

The close-ups seem pixelated at times. So it's not just you.

I heard the reporter say some have waited in line for over an hour and a half to enter the church. What a remarkable turnout.

Ron Steele (I think it's him) says Misty is expected to attend the memorial for Elizabeth.

ETA: Off camera, someone is thanking Ron for the interview he did with Heather and Collins. He thanked her and said Heather told him there was no time limit on the interview, so they talked for almost 70 minutes.

is Dan expected to come also?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member