IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphic but.. if they were murdered where they were found then would it be possible to detect blood in the soil after this amount of time?

For MNDad and others who haven't read the posts from earlier today, this post is the one asking about blood in the soil.

I know that. Still you look and ask!

One of my concerns is, if this was simple, it would already be solved with
perp(s) in jail. That does not appear to be the trend so far ... so you dig
and cover all bases.

These girls are worth it! On the off chance there might be some evidence somewhere, you
look and ask -

I had a friend who had a state of the art security system installed, almost the exact time the girls went.

It was on disc so could easily store thousands of hours.

I told him to just keep buying new ones and filing them as YOU NEVER KNOW when you might have inadvertently recorded a crime or a getaway (he lived on a busy corner).

As it turned out, he was arrested and falsely charged himself, and his hours of recordings were part of his alibi.

The death penalty system in the US is applied in an unfair and unjust manner against people,largely dependent on how much money they have, the skill of their attorneys, race of the victim and where the crime took place. People of color are far more likely to be executed than white people, especially if thevictim is white

The death penalty is a waste of taxpayer funds and has no public safety benefit. The vast majority of law enforcement professionals surveyed agree that capital punishment does not deter violent crime; a survey of police chiefs nationwide found they rank the death penalty lowest among ways to reduce violent crime. They ranked increasing the number of police officers, reducing drug abuse, and creating a better economy with more jobs higher than the death penalty as the best ways to reduce violence. The FBI has found the states with the death penalty have the highest murder rates.

Innocent people are too often sentenced to death. Since 1973, over 140 people have been released from death rows in 26 states because of innocence. Nationally, at least one person is exonerated for every 10 that are executed.

--from the ACLU. Link posted in my previous post

I know that. Still you look and ask!

One of my concerns is, if this was simple, it would already be solved with
perp(s) in jail. That does not appear to be the trend so far ... so you dig
and cover all bases.

These girls are worth it! On the off chance there might be some evidence somewhere, you
look and ask -

ITA, and I'm sure LE has. As well as knocked on doors, etc.
As to the 'simple' part, I do agree with you again there! In fact, it's been a constant, growing worry on my part that this crime is anything but simple and straightforward. I do trust LE, however, also wants to make it STICK, so the collection of evidence is paramount. I'll back that any day!

(georger, I think if we were both there, and LE handed us each a shovel and asked us to dig, we'd both head for China with those shovels if it meant possibly solving this crime. Yes?)

I think we're in the minority right now, folks would be happy to see this guy swing and I don't blame them.

I can absolutely understand the hatred and wish for revenge.

Heather and Drew have no hate, nor wish for revenge, and I think they are the ones whos lead should be followed. We can't be vengeful on behalf of people who so clearly do not wish for revenge.

:moo:

:seeya:

Laws don't mean carp to criminals. :jail: One thing this country doesn't need are more laws, no thanks. Personally, I think the DP is used as a bargaining tool more than anything else. DP means nothing to a perp before the crime but it may be a means to gather information about the crime when pleading it out.

I had a friend who had a state of the art security system installed, almost the exact time the girls went.

It was on disc so could easily store thousands of hours.

I told him to just keep buying new ones and filing them as YOU NEVER KNOW when you might have inadvertently recorded a crime or a getaway (he lived on a busy corner).

As it turned out, he was arrested and falsely charged himself, and his hours of recordings were part of his alibi.

unreal - serendipty and great defense! I hope he can laugh about it now.
Happy Holidays -

...Gosh, the ones I've seen executed out here were white. I will have to check and see if I am correct because I'm going from memory. It is generally the white males that commit more heinous crimes. At least that is the way it used to be. As the Caucasian race dies out, it will be interesting to watch what happens with the DP.

I think people picture a black male as the ones being put to death for their crimes. I'm just not sure that holds up in the West. IIRC, it didnt appear that way in California.

Here is a site you might find informative:

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/race-death-row-inmates-executed-1976#defend

This info is current as of 12/12/12.

What happens is this.

Someone asks a question.

Someone who thinks they know the answer, replies.

A third party disagrees.

A fourth party has a different opinion again.

The original question is totally obliterated in the persuant confusion and the entire thing ends up with someone like you asking what the hell it's all about. :lol:

Rinse, repeat.

I notice it happens when we are all fired up (like now, the day of Elizabeth's Celebration) and have absolutely nothing new to go on or to chew over.

It also coincides somewhat with cocktail hour :D

ETA: I'm always surprised how much I learn during these seemingly irrelevant detours.

:floorlaugh: Cheers, darlin'!

There was someone put to death very recently, I'll find the link, anyway it took something like 23 years.

23 years of legal battles and emotional turmoil for the family.

The family said "we are so thankful it's finally over", clearly indicating that the excrutiatingly long and drawn out process was even more agonising than losing their loved one in the first place.

ITA, and I'm sure LE has. As well as knocked on doors, etc.
As to the 'simple' part, I do agree with you again there! In fact, it's been a constant, growing worry on my part that this crime is anything but simple and straightforward. I do trust LE, however, also wants to make it STICK, so the collection of evidence is paramount. I'll back that any day!

(georger, I think if we were both there, and LE handed us each a shovel and asked us to dig, we'd both head for China with those shovels if it meant possibly solving this crime. Yes?)

that and more! :rocker:

:floorlaugh: Cheers, darlin'!

Hm....it actually is cocktail hour here, and I've got an icy cold slab of Heineken chilling away in the fridge....it's a hot muggy stormy day....I;m parched...

Why not!

(I don't drink often)

:cheers:

If you read my original post, you will see that I posted poor African American males are most likely to be WRONGFULLY put to death. Not that more African American males are put to death. There is a difference.

I got 30 minutes into Heather and Dan's marathon Ron Steele interview (no relation) and it was clear to me that LE have told them nothing.

It coincides with their wishes, but it seems LE have literally told them nothing, which I find a bit strange.

Has anyone watched the whole hour and half or whatever it is?

I must say I was really, really surprised to hear a tv interviewer quote a psalm. In Australia they would be more likely to produce a cabbage from their elbow than refer to the bible.

If you read my original post, you will see that I posted poor African American males are most likely to be WRONGFULLY put to death. Not that more African American males are put to death. There is a difference.

It's horrific, all you need to look at is the Innocence Project, and then take a look at people like the Ramseys who managed to abuse and murder their own daughter and walk away scot free...in fact, they profited. (opinion only).

If you have money and white skin, you aren't going to death row. If you have no money, your chance shoots right up. If you have non white skin, ditto. If you have non white skin and no money, you're a goner, guilty or not.

For MNDad and others who haven't read the posts from earlier today, this post is the one asking about blood in the soil.

I think you may have misunderstood. I have read all the posts, each and every one of them. I even read the original one on the blood. My question was regarding the significance of these long running conversations. I now understand that I did not miss anything and they are simply conversations that had to run their course. Not criticizing in any way; just confirming that I didn't miss anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV