IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone surprised that the $150,000-$200,000 hasn't gotten the monster arrested? What do you think it means that nobody has turned the monster in for this huge sum?

That is an excellent question! Bothersome, isn't it?

Is anyone surprised that the $150,000-$200,000 hasn't gotten the monster arrested? What do you think it means that nobody has turned the monster in for this huge sum?

We don't know that they haven't.

The "hunter" story might be a big pile of bs to deflect the perp from suspecting anyone dobbing on him.

These "hunters" may well be some scared kid who knows too much, sitting in protection somewhere right now.

Early days still.

As long as there is a chance that an innocent person can be put to death, there should be no death penalty. The death penalty(IMO) is a terrible thing. Those most likely to be put to death wrongfully are poor African American males. Thank goodness for organizations like "the Innocence Project" for trying to right some of the wrongs of false convictions based on false confessions, false witness statements and false identifications.

It took SD 22 years to execute this guy. He raped and killed an 8 year old. It wasn't until a week or so before he was to be executed that he admitted that he did it. This was a white guy.

This is way off topic, but was it ever revealed where Tammy and Grandma went after telling Heather and Misty that their daughters were missing? (Drew called them back to help.) I wondered if Tammy and Grandma left to check on the location of Misty's brother.

I thought she and Tammy left for an appt...

However this reads differently
Ms Cook said Lyric knew she had to return home shortly because Lyric and Cook planned to leave for the home they shared in nearby Waterloo with Lyric's mother, Misty Cook-Morrissey, by 1:30pm.

Ms Cook said she got nervous when they weren't back by 12:30 p.m. and started driving around town looking for them.
After an hour of searching, she returned to the home. Ms Cook said that Misty Cook-Morrissey stopped by after getting off work.
'Misty said, "Mom, you go home and I'll just wait for Lyric and bring her home,'' Ms Cook recalled.
Ms Cook said she drove to her home but was soon told by Elizabeth's father the girls hadn't surfaced. A firefighter found the bikes two hours later, and the manhunt began.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lins-abducted-drug-dealers.html#ixzz2F0JtaQQ0
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

There have been a lot of conversation about Lyrics size and when menstrual cycles start, gun shots and blood in soil and I don't want to be snarky, but I am lost on the significance of either conversation. I am just feeling that I am missing the importance of these. There has been no reports of a gun being used, I don't know what blood of the girls in the soil would prove and Lyric was obviously a kid. I'm not saying these aren't valid conversations; I just am not following and want to understand why so much has been posted on these topics so I can play along.

It was suggested that Lyric appears to be an adult, and that she would not grow any taller than 4'11". This was supported with the claim that all females stop growing after they reach puberty. No link was provided. Several people posted personal experience which clearly demonstrated that females do not stop growing after reaching puberty. In fact, females continue growing until they are about 20 years old, just like males. I posted a link to growth charts that span 0-20 years of age, and it can be seen that although height growth tapers off as children become adults, there is still some slight growth until age 20. Lyric did not appear to be an adult, was not the height of an average adult, clearly appears to be a child and would have been recognized as a child by any perp.

The blood in the soil question was related to the theory that a gun was used. There is no evidence that a gun was used, and links that have been provided to support the premise that it is rare (if ever) for a gun to be used in the murder of an abducted child. Blood in the soil (higher iron content) may provide some speculation about cause of death, but it will not do anything to assist in finding the perp. If they were shot, there would be a bullet ... which would identify gunshot as a cause of death. It's most likely that the bodies were skeletonized and that no cause of death will be determined ... in my humble opinion.

It took SD 22 years to execute this guy. He raped and killed an 8 year old. It wasn't until a week or so before he was to be executed that he admitted that he did it.

What guy? I'm sorry, I was speaking in generalities about the death penalty and my opposition to it. I wasn't directing my post at any particular case.

They have more than a hunch, they are one piece of solid evidence away from several arrests, in my opinion.

If we're going to pray for anything, lets pray they find the evidence they need to catch these mongrels.

Whoever donated that reward probably secured the solving of this case.

I am almost positive someone is talking and that's why the bodies were located.

There is no honour amongst thieves (or methheads) and I've always believed this was local and involves more than one perp. More than one perp = more people to let something slip. Their buddies may be methheads too, but some of them aren't that brain fried yet, and have put two and two together, and are going for the prize.

Patience, grasshopper.

I don't want to sound, um, gruesome here or anything, but... didn't the two also confirm they were actually given both girls' shoes? Not merely, say, shown photos for ID and all, but the actual shoes? Lizzy had on high-topped tennis shoes. Um... it makes me wonder a wee bit if those shoes were... on their feet when found. Am I making sense here?

I don't see how, as these items and clothing would be considered evidence. They would need the actual item for the jury, or need it for more analysis if something came up I believe.

They have more than a hunch, they are one piece of solid evidence away from several arrests, in my opinion.

If we're going to pray for anything, lets pray they find the evidence they need to catch these mongrels.

Whoever donated that reward probably secured the solving of this case.

I am almost positive someone is talking and that's why the bodies were located.
There is no honour amongst thieves (or methheads) and I've always believed this was local and involves more than one perp. More than one perp = more people to let something slip. Their buddies may be methheads too, but some of them aren't that brain fried yet, and have put two and two together, and are going for the prize.

Patience, grasshopper.

BBM

On what is the bolded statement based?

We know for a fact that the bodies were found by hunters that happened to be in the area.

It took SD 22 years to execute this guy. He raped and killed an 8 year old. It wasn't until a week or so before he was to be executed that he admitted that he did it. This was a white guy.

Is it "equality" when just as many poor white and latino and asian and native guys are executed, as poor blacks?

The real defining factor in being put to death in the 21st century is the amount of money you have and how good a lawyer you can afford.

Would you call it "progress" when it's just poor folks not brown folks put to death?

We don't know that they haven't.

The "hunter" story might be a big pile of bs to deflect the perp from suspecting anyone dobbing on him.

These "hunters" may well be some scared kid who knows too much, sitting in protection somewhere right now.

Early days still.

Someone (sorry, can't remember who) posted a couple of days ago that he/she knew the hunters. One male, one female. So I don't feel the hunter story is anything other than what it has been reported to be.

BBM

On what is the bolded statement based?

We know for a fact that the bodies were found by hunters that happened to be in the area.

We know what we've been told.

LE are quite capable of hiding the real reason they found the bodies, if it protects their investigation.

It's just my opinion so I don't need to "prove" it.

I don't see how, as these items and clothing would be considered evidence. They would need the actual item for the jury, or need it for more analysis if something came up I believe.

I wish I had a transcript but IIRC they actually said the shoes were in bags, and they were handed the bags to hold and examine and confirm if it was the girls.

We know what we've been told.

LE are quite capable of hiding the real reason they found the bodies, if it protects their investigation.

It's just my opinion so I don't need to "prove" it.

We know for a fact that hunters came across the bodies. That's a fact. What's the purpose of imagining a conspiracy regarding the discovery of the bodies?

I wish I had a transcript but IIRC they actually said the shoes were in bags, and they were handed the bags to hold and examine and confirm if it was the girls.

Oh, I'm sorry. I was thinking TeenyTaurus meant they got to keep them. :blushing:

I watched the entire interview and I can honestly say I never heard Heather say they were handed shoes in a bag. I heard her say she was shown shoes but she never stated how she was shown them. She stated that she was shown Elizabeth's shoes and then she looked over to Drew and he stated Lyrics and she then stated that they seen both girls' shoes and that was the end of the conversation about the shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theresa06