IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the entire interview and I can honestly say I never heard Heather say they were handed shoes in a bag. I heard her say she was shown shoes but she never stated how she was shown them. She stated that she was shown Elizabeth's shoes and then she looked over to Drew and he stated Lyrics and she then stated that they seen both girls' shoes and that was the end of the conversation about the shoes.

You're probably right, God I wish I had a transcript...it was so longggggggg!

I watched the entire interview and I can honestly say I never heard Heather say they were handed shoes in a bag. I heard her say she was shown shoes but she never stated how she was shown them. She stated that she was shown Elizabeth's shoes and then she looked over to Drew and he stated Lyrics and she then stated that they seen both girls' shoes and that was the end of the conversation about the shoes.

That's how I recall it, also.

I've been reading those macabre poems by an idiot posting on Craigslist and I looked on the calendar on the date the girls went missing and never realized it was on Friday, the 13th..Yikes!

I've been reading those macabre poems by an idiot posting on Craigslist and I looked on the calendar on the date the girls went missing and never realized it was on Friday, the 13th..Yikes!

I do wonder if the timing was the perp's idea of a joke. :(

Another reason why I think Lizzie actually died that day, her parents would not wish that to be associated with her if it wasn't accurate, in my opinion. You would suffer every single Friday 13th, who would choose that?

:cow:

Oh, I'm sorry. I was thinking TeenyTaurus meant they got to keep them. :blushing:

Well, my post suggested I meant that. :banghead: What I really meant was if they saw them physically. I stated later I should have edited that to "shown" instead of "given." Mabe I need a FB paig were meye posts wuld look beeter?

Honestly, as much as I'm sure the girls died shortly after being taken, I doubt they could narrow down the time of death. It would be much easier for the family to use the date of abduction as the date of death since there is no indication of them being alive after that.

In the Celina Cass case she was last seen July 25, she was reported missing July 26, her date of death is listed as July 26. No autopsy results have been released.

I'm wondering if the flip flops were actually found on Lyric's feet.

If so, does it indicate they were carried in, or walked in?

I would say, walked in. A kid can keep their own flip flops on if they have to, but if they were carried through growth, a flip flop would be likely lost somewhere on the way, or at the very least, knocked off then tossed down somewhere at the scene.

A perp would not place them neatly back on her feet in my opinion.

Did Heather and Drew actually say "they were still wearing their shoes"?

BBM

No, they said nothing about how/where the shoes were found. Just that the shoes were how the girls' identifications were confirmed.

I wish I hadn't just realized the crime took place on Friday, the 13th. Now I have to add dark psychotic criminal to working theories....

:drink:

Rewards do not work very often in murder cases, from what I have seen. I have no reason to believe that anyone other than the perp knows who killed the girls, or two perps, if that is the case and it will do no good to rat the other one out, at least not from a reward standpoint. I am sure LE gets calls from people who think they know who may have done it.

I can't help but think of the $250K reward for Holly Bobo, in a very small town where LE is convinced the perp is a local and yet it has been nearly two years. I would bet that LE there has had all kinds of "suggestions" as to who did it, but without proof, all they can do is add names to a list.

Honestly, as much as I'm sure the girls died shortly after being taken, I doubt they could narrow down the time of death. It would be much easier for the family to use the date of abduction as the date of death since there is no indication of them being alive after that.

In the Celina Cass case she was last seen July 25, she was reported missing July 26, her date of death is listed as July 26. No autopsy results have been released.

I doubt it as well, other than if there was a dated newspaper left behind, which is hardly likely, especially these days. But I think that they could get a pretty fair estimate as to number of months, and then use the date last seen, since so often victims do not survive lone. Anyway, I would want to hope they didn't.

I'm too tired to do it tonight, but if it's needed, I'll transcribe the interview tomorrow. Yes, I know how long it is, LOL. No way I can do it tonight, way too tired, but if it's needed and no one else can do it, just let me know. I do pretty good ones, but it'll be one heck of a long post for this one.

I'm too tired to do it tonight, but if it's needed, I'll transcribe the interview tomorrow. Yes, I know how long it is, LOL. No way I can do it tonight, way too tired, but if it's needed and no one else can do it, just let me know. I do pretty good ones, but it'll be one heck of a long post for this one.

You're a legend!

I used to do dictaphone typing for the police, that was a hard damn job and at least I had the right equipment.

Even after all this time, wouldn't the clothes still have fibers from the vehicle or possibly some hair, blood or other evidence under the nails of the girls if they scratched the person? And my vehicle has dog fur.. VERY difficult to remove al of it, and it sticks to everything. That could be on the shoes or clothes, or their hair. And we still don't know if the girls were restained, so I'm thinking duct tape, rope.. who knows what else? :waitasec:

I got to thinking about all of those sunsets, all over, and wonder how many might have snapped a photo? Wouldn't it be cool if those that did sent them to, say, someone who would collect and present them to the family? Even just a few around the country... or world. Pink and purple sunsets.
<sigh>

i might be down at the beach tonight at sunset so I'll take a pic if it is.

I got to thinking about all of those sunsets, all over, and wonder how many might have snapped a photo? Wouldn't it be cool if those that did sent them to, say, someone who would collect and present them to the family? Even just a few around the country... or world. Pink and purple sunsets.
<sigh>

What a nice thought, I wish I knew how to make it happen.

Well, um, let's see, from July 13th to December 5th is 145 days. Somewhere around 3,450-ish hours. That's a lot of video storage for ANY surveillance system. :(

Yeah... have to agree there. We have a home system that's motion activated only (so it's not on all the time), got a huge storage drive, and I think the furthest back we've ever gotten was about a month old. It overwrites the old stuff with the new as it runs out of space. Odds of anyone having anything now seem sadly low, unless they literally archive every minute of camera footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theresa06