IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was arrested because of the rumors?

To my knowledge, no one has been arrested. That's per info from LE in an article linked upthread.

I think the speculation in the previous posts was that CF may have been re-interviewed because of comments made here and elsewhere about him and his possible involvement in this case.

I found that video to be very difficult to make out. In fact, I wouldn't even have known the images on the video were Lyric and Elizabeth if it hadn't been pointed out.

Some have said they've seen shadowy figures or images on the video, but I was unable to see that.

The speed of the bikes was hard for me to determine, but it appeared that one girls was slightly ahead of the other. That's why I wondered if maybe they were racing each other. JMO

I saw shadowy figures in the video.

To my knowledge, no one has been arrested. That's per info from LE in an article linked upthread.

I think the speculation in the previous posts was that CF may have been re-interviewed because of comments made here and elsewhere about him and his possible involvement in this case.

There are no arrests, it is a rumor.

I asked this before, if Elizabeths flip flops were found with her, then doesn't that mean she walked in? Flip flops fall off easily.

I asked this before, if Elizabeths flip flops were found with her, then doesn't that mean she walked in? Flip flops fall off easily.

I think the girls were walked in, but that's JMO. The flip-flops could have been left by the killer after he carried her there, since we don't know if they were found on Lyric's feet, or just nearby.

You're right about the flip-flops, they aren't that easy to walk in or keep on.

I saw shadowy figures in the video.

You and a lot of others saw them. I just couldn't make out anything other than shadows/blurs. That doesn't mean nothing was there, just that my old eyes didn't see any figures.

You and a lot of others saw them. I just couldn't make out anything other than shadows/blurs. That doesn't mean nothing was there, just that my old eyes didn't see any figures.

I wonder if it is true figures or a morphing of the video.

I think the girls were walked in, but that's JMO. The flip-flops could have been left by the killer after he carried her there, since we don't know if they were found on Lyric's feet, or just nearby.

You're right about the flip-flops, they aren't that easy to walk in or keep on.[/quote]
################################################

I personally don't believe that they "walked in," but I always respect your opinion.

BBM: If Lyric walked in, given the nature of flip-flops, I'm wondering if there would be pieces of grass caught in them? You know, the way grass gets caught in regular sandals?

Just for some perspective on the flip flops, many have said they don't know how she would have navigated the tall grass with flip flops. I think it is completely up to the person and their flip flopping skill. My husband can barely walk across the room in flip flops. I've hiked 5 miles in flip flops. I wear flip flops all the time, summer, winter, fall, I do it all. My flip flops don't fall off.

Personally, I think the girls walked in to where they were found. Most likely under threat. :(

I think it was someone known to both girls, who said let me show you where I swim and they both went willingly.

I think it was someone known to both girls, who said let me show you where I swim and they both went willingly.

I think this is very likely too. Probably described it as a very cool place. Might have even said there is a beach area. I also think he killed them not for the sadistic satisfaction but because the girls could identify him/them.

Forgive me if this has been linked and discussed, but do we know if it's family preference why one girl is to be placed in urn, and the other in a casket or if its due to condition of the bodies/ remains? I know it's not important, but I guess I was wondering if more info had been released about the specifics? I'm wishing the same pain/ death on their abductor(s) and it'll help to know what I'm envisioning for he/she/them.
:rage:
Still can't read about this without tears, can't even attempt the interviews...
I guess deep down I knew, but I was so hopeful.... :tantrum:

http://www.kwwl.com/category/130142/video-landing-page?clipId=8066673&autostart=true

Eta, I didn't re-listen to clip, but hope I got it correctly.

Just for some perspective on the flip flops, many have said they don't know how she would have navigated the tall grass with flip flops. I think it is completely up to the person and their flip flopping skill. My husband can barely walk across the room in flip flops. I've hiked 5 miles in flip flops. I wear flip flops all the time, summer, winter, fall, I do it all. My flip flops don't fall off.

Personally, I think the girls walked in to where they were found. Most likely under threat. :(

I totally agree with you. I don't wear them myself, but one of my daughters wears them year round as her preferred type of shoe. She can do anything in flip flops. Her best friends daughter is about 7 and I saw her playing in the yard at my daughters house wearing wedge heels. She was riding the bike and the scooter and running in those heels.
I also believe the girls walked in under threat.

Unlike you I never wear flip flops, but I have walked through tall grass in old-fashioned, leather sandals... only did that once. lol

So much grass got caught/tangled in them, both green grass and old dead grass from previous year. Oh, and if I recall correctly, I came out w/green grass stains on them to boot. :(

Have you, or anyone here, walked through tall grass in flip flops? If so, did the flip flops hold onto pieces of grass which you had to pull out?

I don't think the girls were walked in and I think their shoes were located near their bodies, not on them. Heather said they were shown the shoes, if they had been on their feet, the shoes would have gone with the bodies to the ME. Especially the hightops, they wouldn't have removed them from the feet. moo, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling