IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...completely off topic but what's funny is apparently there are 2 Urbana's that stink...one in IL and the one in IA too! :floorlaugh: I was talking about the one here in IA, but apparently it's just an "Urbana thing".:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Lol, I guess so.

Police should look at men that live in the area and who had their cell phones turned off after 12:30 on July 13. I bet there's a connection there, especially if the phone was turned off until the late evening or the next morning.

Scott Peterson called people shortly after murdering his wife where he pretended, with friends, that everything was normal re their upcoming plans to have couples get togethers. The person that did this to Elizabeth and Lyric may have gone home for supper that day. He may have had the freedom to show up very late in the evening with no explanation. Either way, I suspect that his cell phone was turned off between noon on July 13 and July 14 for several continuous hours. That's two facts, enough to lead to the perp in Blackhawk County and possibly within 12 radial miles of Dunkerton, Iowa, in my opinion ... but it would take a lot of phone log searching ... probably a couple of months to find the person that didn't use his phone after the girls were missing, then acted weird, then got smug.

evansdaledunketon.jpg

Ironic that Dunkerton appears to be smack in the middle and appears to complete a triangle from where the girls were last seen to where they were found. We all know who lives in Dunkerton!

Since I have been a TG supporter here and continue to maintain my thoughts of him being innocent, I'm going with another "far-fetched" idea (imagine that!)...

Is it possible that the killer(s) know the speculation about TG and placed the bodies in 7 Bridges to further cast speculation upon him and make it appear that he is involved, therefore attempting to draw the investigation away from themselves?

Just throwing another possibility out there..AGAIN!

Please forgive me in advance, but I am new to posting. Usually just lurk. I do not really know how to maneuver around yet. Can someone give me a brief explanation of the Readlyn incident? Thanks ;-)

:welcome: to posting!

There is an RSO with initials CMF who has listed addresses on the sex offender registry in waterloo, evansdale and whose criminal history includes a kidnapping charge for an incident in readlyn. Readlyn is very near to where the bodies were found. He is not a named suspect or person of interest by police. His seeming familiarity with many areas involved in this case is interesting but not evidence.

The RSO angle is one of many being discussed in this forum.

Again, welcome :)

Ironic that Dunkerton appears to be smack in the middle and appears to complete a triangle from where the girls were last seen to where they were found. We all know who lives in Dunkerton!

Since I have been a TG supporter here and continue to maintain my thoughts of him being innocent, I'm going with another "far-fetched" idea (imagine that!)...

Is it possible that the killer(s) know the speculation about TG and placed the bodies in 7 Bridges to further cast speculation upon him and make it appear that he is involved, therefore drawing the investigation away from themselves?

Just throwing another possibility out there..AGAIN!

Any 3 points makes a triangle..it's the definition. (not being snarky, we have done the triangle before...)

Any 3 points makes a triangle..it's the definition. (not being snarky, we have done the triangle before...)

REALLY???? The "point" of my statement wasn't to focus on the triangle.

The is a local poster who had been in the area during the summer month (maybe) who commented about the low water level and the sandy/silty area. Poster also mentioned the remains of an old campfire.

It was in the previous thread. Far as I know there has been no mention in msm of a campfire at the scene.

Hope that helps.

It was my co-worker who had been in the area this past Summer. She had ended a tubing trip at the location of the turn-around in the road (where the vehicles were all parked at during the search). She described the area consisted of broken glass bottles near the river's edge and the remnants of an old campfire. She did not explore into the woods, simply exited the river in that location and walked to the vehicle.

Elizabeth's Mom: "I don't need to know how she was murdered."
http://www.kwwl.com/story/20310851/...beth-collins-speaks-about-her-daughters-death

Evidence at scene.
"Heather said authorities showed them some of the evidence. ‘It was Elizabeth's and Lyric's." she said."

Heather talks of Lyrics services.
"Heather says Monday was a very rough day, as the family listened to songs which would be played at what she calls a ‘Love and Life' celebration for Elizabeth Thursday. Even though the body of Elizabeth will not be at the Heartland Vineyard Church, she says the family feels it necessary to have the service now, and bury Elizabeth's body later. "
"Lyric's services, she says, will be held at a later time, as determined by Lyric's Mom, Misty Morrisey, Heather's sister. Heather says she has not spoken to her sister, Misty, in quite some time. Heather told KWWL she respects her sister's wishes to hold Lyric's services at a later date."

Heather requires more surgery.
"The surgery, which may occur even before Christmas, will take place at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester and last up to eight hours. The Mayo Clinic doctors will take out the old defibrillator and make adjustments to the device. Then, they will implant the repaired defibrillator in a different location in Heather's body to make the life-saving device more stable."

I missed the middle part of this, but why are the sisters not talking for quite some time?

Elizabeth's Mom: "I don't need to know how she was murdered."
http://www.kwwl.com/story/20310851/...beth-collins-speaks-about-her-daughters-death

Evidence at scene.
"Heather said authorities showed them some of the evidence. ‘It was Elizabeth's and Lyric's." she said."

Heather talks of Lyrics services.
"Heather says Monday was a very rough day, as the family listened to songs which would be played at what she calls a ‘Love and Life' celebration for Elizabeth Thursday. Even though the body of Elizabeth will not be at the Heartland Vineyard Church, she says the family feels it necessary to have the service now, and bury Elizabeth's body later. "
"Lyric's services, she says, will be held at a later time, as determined by Lyric's Mom, Misty Morrisey, Heather's sister. Heather says she has not spoken to her sister, Misty, in quite some time. Heather told KWWL she respects her sister's wishes to hold Lyric's services at a later date."

Heather requires more surgery.
"The surgery, which may occur even before Christmas, will take place at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester and last up to eight hours. The Mayo Clinic doctors will take out the old defibrillator and make adjustments to the device. Then, they will implant the repaired defibrillator in a different location in Heather's body to make the life-saving device more stable."

Thanks for posting that, the article answers some questions many of us have been asking over the past few days.

I am amazed at the strength of Heather's faith. I don't believe my faith would remain that strong if I had to go through the nightmare she has faced. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard of a mother who is so forgiving towards the killer(s) of her child. JMO

I missed the middle part of this, but why are the sisters not talking for quite some time?

Misty has been living in what I assume is either rehab or supervised housing in an effort of deal with her drug issues. Perhaps her contact with family is deliberately limited so that she can focus on her own recovery.

ETA: Oops, I was certain I had seen reports in MSM regarding Misty living in some type of supervised housing or rehab since her hospitalization in August, but can't find a link. Does anyone else remember reading that anywhere?? If not, then I'll delete this post because maybe it's just rumor.

ETA #2: foxbluff found it!! It was a phone interview with Tammy on JVM. Thanks again, foxbluff!

If the girls were murdered there - the trees could have blood spatters on them. or if they were murdered before dumping the body's - blood/dna from the girls could be in the trees/bushes which can show the way he entered the area.
There could also be fibers from gloves the person might have had on if the person moved branches when entering, leaving or moving around in the area or even their DNA. There also could be fibers from a jacket he had on if a twig got caught on it. Even something like a small hair that got caught in a twig.

From link below -"the investigators should examine the areas above their heads (ceiling, tree branches, etc.). These areas may yield blood spatters, bullet holes, etc."
http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/blood.html

Misty has been living in what I assume is either rehab or supervised housing in an effort of deal with her drug issues. Perhaps her contact with family is deliberately limited so that she can focus on her own recovery.

ETA: Oops, I was certain I had seen reports in MSM regarding Misty living in some type of supervised housing or rehab since her hospitalization in August, but can't find a link. Does anyone else remember reading that anywhere?? If not, then I'll delete this post because maybe it's just rumor.

It came up when her recent parole hearing was cancelled.

IIRC she is in a halfway house until January.

I'll see if I can find it.

This caught my eye - we have a description of the exact conditions the perp would have faced to get the girls into that area if they were placed there back in summer.

While parts of the Wapsipinicon River were at all-time lows amid a summer drought, additional water traffic past Seven Bridges Wildlife Area likely wouldn’t have led to a sooner discovery of the bodies believed to be two missing Evansdale cousins, according to one area kayaking expert.

Darrin Siefken, owner of CrawDaddy Outdoors in Waverly, said the stretch from Seven Bridges down to Black Hawk County, like Siggelkow Park, is not popular. Seven Bridges is about 20 miles north of Meyers Lake in Evansdale, where the cousins disappeared July 13.

“Where you would normally get in and get out I don’t think is even close to the spot where they found the girls, just from what I saw on the news with where the cars were,” he said. “I doubt kayakers would have found them.”

Sometimes paddlers get out at Seven Bridges, but not as many people start there, he said. A lot of trees in the water are difficult to navigate. Upriver, like from Iowa Highway 3 or County Road C50, are more open, according to Siefken. Paddlers also tend to prefer areas farther down toward Independence or Quasqueton.

“I think about when it’s 100 degrees during the summer, the mosquitoes are eating you alive and there are so many plants and weeds and thorny bushes, most people aren’t out tromping through the woods as much,” he said. “When deer season starts, you have a lot more people out walking.

“There hasn’t been much need to be in the woods prior to last weekend,” he added. “Just kind of dumb luck they got in just the right spot at the right time.”

Dumb luck that they were found. Extremely nasty sounding conditions at the time of the girls disappearance.

This changes things for me, as it confirms that an attempt at hiding them was made. The area is much more isolated and unpopular than originally suggested.

I'll have to chew it over. Access from the water sounds pretty well impossible if you read the rest of the article, not that it was ever likely in the first place to me.
http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_eb5c81b6-42db-11e2-b39a-001a4bcf887a.html

The top photo was taken by a photographer with the Gazette. It was posted on their website.

The bottom one was also on a website, from one of the TV stations I think, but I didn't save the info.

I don't remember who did the markup, unfortunately. Brain has hit overload...

I am thinking that they cut down some of the grass around the bodies. Bullets in trees? There was a photo posted earlier that seems to show the nearby trees intact in maps when the bodies were found and after the bodies were removed.

I don't know to whom I should attribute this photo (apologies ... it's just open on the computer now), but it's perfect! I'm just wondering if the vantage point for the photo is a bit to the right ... because of the different positions of the twisted tree in the two photos.

evandaletrees.jpg

No reason was given in the article and I've got no personal knowledge as to why.

Misty had been in a halfway house type setting. It would seem she has been struggling with some inner (an old) demons since her daughters abduction. Perhaps she is not ready to deal with a service and the planning, etc that would be involved.

I do not know, just thinking out loud.

Re - Misty's parole violation.

I can't find the article I read (typical) but unlinkable sources say that the overdose she took in August (remember she was sent to hospital) resulted in another 5 months of residential treatment in the Waterloo facility.

Which takes her through to January.

Maybe locals can find the court records?

I will keep looking...damn I hate losing links. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member