IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I think the FBI was just playing the odds when they stated they felt the girls were still alive
. JMO

"More than 99 percent of children reported missing in America in recent years have come home alive," Allen told Reuters.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/26/us-usa-missing-children-idUSBRE83P14020120426

They didn't say it about Jessica Ridgeway...nor Sierra Lamar IIRC.

:(

Also, they said it twice...once at the time, then again a few weeks later. Regardless, they were wrong.

BUT we still haven't had COD, and we still have no clue how long the girls actually laid out there, nor how they were killed.

:rose:
Lizzie and Lyric

Someone mentioned upthread the possibility of a "good dad" type perp. A friend of the girls' dad who draws no suspicion.

So we know that Elizabeth was allowed to ride her bike a couple of blocks away to friends' houses. Maybe the girls headed to a nearby house of a friend to say hi. Maybe the friend wasn't home and the dad was.....

I mentioned this possibility a while ago. Maybe a creepy uncle or older brother. Or maybe not so creepy. Invited them in, maybe tied them up or whatever, threw the bikes into a truck and took them to the lake. Then went back for the girls and eventually disposed of them at seven bridges. If he was not a past offender and his prints were on the bikes THERE WOULD BE NO RECORD OF THEM IN THE DATABASE. I'm thinking this could be within a couple of blocks of the Collins home.

I just thought of something. Mr. TG told me that, " the bikes were laying ACROSS the trail". Now if the bikes were laying across the trail, then how did he swerve around them? The trail is about 6 ft across and a bike is ? ft across, so that leaves how much room to swerve around?

The path is 10 feet wide.

I mentioned this possibility a while ago. Maybe a creepy uncle or older brother. Or maybe not so creepy. Invited them in, maybe tied them up or whatever, threw the bikes into a truck and took them to the lake. Then went back for the girls and eventually disposed of them at seven bridges. If he was not a past offender and his prints were on the bikes THERE WOULD BE NO RECORD OF THEM IN THE DATABASE. I'm thinking this could be within a couple of blocks of the Collins home.

If the girls did ride to the lake, if he is the parent of a friend he could have said "oh Mary is down at the lake, just go on down there to say hi".

If you looked at the businesses in that little strip mall, you'd guess. Auction houses often have goodies in them and they all belong to someone other than the auctioneer, so a burglary is a double ouch.

Say what?! :waitasec:

Say what?! :waitasec:

I was answering the question posed by iamnotagolem: "Who would have guessed there was CCTV on Brovan?"

My reply was that anyone who knew there was an auction house in the strip mall could have guessed, since such businesses are often the target of burglars.

I was answering the question posed by iamnotagolem: "Who would have guessed there was CCTV on Brovan?"

My reply was that anyone who knew there was an auction house in the strip mall could have guessed, since such businesses are often the target of burglars.

Ooohhhhhh! Lol! Thank you. I thought you were pointing us towards a suspect.

I don't think the majority of us here suspect TG at all.

True, but it's somewhat sad to see people on forums point the finger at people who those of us in the area know have nothing to do with it as if they know something or are involved.

Just wanted to take a moment to thank all the locals who have taken the time to answer this outsider's often naive questions about the town, the roads, and all the rest...I really appreciate it.

I'm not going to be around much for the next few days. Hopefully I'll come back to see "arrest" in the header!

Tuesday night members of the Evansdale City Council listened to several requests which would honor the memory of Evansdale cousins Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/20376580/...uncil-to-consider-tributes-to-lyric-elizabeth

But they'll have to go before the Park Board for approval. I called the mayor a week ago and asked about something that we (some of Drew and Heather's friends) want to do and was told to contact City Hall and ask to have our request put on the agenda.

I don't think the majority of us here suspect TG at all.

And, even if anyone DID suspect him, they are not allowed to say so on WS, as that would violate our terms of service. And that results in a forced time out.:what:

I have never known why Mr C and Mr G have been disregarded, myself.

They both appear to be very credible, very certain, and have provided sightings independently of each other, which fit together.

The dogs also indicated to the girls at the lake.

In my opinion, they got to the lake. Or very close to it. The question then becomes, why? If they did get there, they must've been biking like the clappers, also I am mindful of the fb rumour that they stopped and actually asked for directions to the lake, implying they weren't quite sure how to get there, but knew where they were going. A first time trip for a specific reason.

Of couse opinion only.

I have a wild idea! Did they go to the lake because somebody told them
'somebody' was waiting there for them ? Somebody significant?

I seriously doubt TG has any involvement. He had a heating/cooling business and we had him replace our furnace a few years ago. A very solid individual.

http://www.pageheatingandair.com/about_us.html

We are not allowed to sleuth TG, as that violates the Websleuths Terms of Service. So no one is allowed to say anything about TG other than what appears in MSM (no Facebook or other rumors).

The bulk of our discussions about TG involve whether or not he actually saw Lyric and Elizabeth's bikes on the trail at Meyers Lake on July 13 at approximately 12:20 p.m.

Welcome to WS, by the way. We really love it when someone local joins us.

Yes, or they at least got very close to the lake.

I think one of the reasons that the FBI were so sure they were alive, is that the abduction scene was staged.
:what:
A sexual predator wouldn't bother.

I dont think they were staged. I think they were quickly dumped. Just put there to get rid of them, and maybe he thought it would divert attention from the true abduction site. He would be right, it did. But like Grainne, I think the true investigating was happening elsewhere, away from the lake. I also truely believe that they have way more evidence than we a ledto believe, and probably waiting for the reports from the autopsies, while they keep a close eye on their SUSPECT(S).

Here's a thought. Since the police/fire station is pretty close to Mr. Cs, I'm wondering if the station itself has security cameras??

But they'll have to go before the Park Board for approval. I called the mayor a week ago and asked about something that we (some of Drew and Heather's friends) want to do and was told to contact City Hall and ask to have our request put on the agenda.

Yes, that's mentioned in the article I posted:

Mayor Deutsch and Evansdale City Council members admitted the group probably would not meet much opposition, but recommended they bring detailed plans to the Parks Board meeting in January.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/20376580/...uncil-to-consider-tributes-to-lyric-elizabeth

I think it's great that so many people want to make sure these girls are never forgotten.

There is a huge difference between meth addicts and meth dealers and meth manufacturers and meth distributors. I totally agree with you about meth addicts (and probably dealers). But distributors and manufacturers are RUTHLESS. They are the ones that deal in BIG MONEY, and would kill anyone at the drop of a hat who they thought interfered with their profits. And they are also deadly silent and buttoned up.

We have a meth lab guy who moved in across from us in the next building.
Extremely aggressive, arrogant, violent. He informed one neighbor he
should kill him because the neighbor finally called police about the loud
music ... at4:00am every morning! Acording to the court transcript (on the
internet) this guy was "in charge of the guns" (shotguns and such)! He
has already informed all the niehgbors that he is in charge and
"they" (meaning us) are all moving soon! Like living on a time bomb!

So your comments above ring true with me!

Thanks, I'll have to read the rules closely as I only skimmed over them. This whole ordeal is almost surreal to us. It's hard to see what Drew, Heather, and the kids (along with other family members and friends) have had to endure over these last five months. I've come to know Drew and his family over the last years after first meeting him when we needed a tree taken down. I was impressed at the quality of work he and his crew did. Then by a chance we both share a love for the same sport and ran into each other one night and have become friends since that time. I'd just be happy if they are able to find and convict whomever is responsible and have justice served. When you see things like this in the media you always say "wow, that's so sad" or something along those lines. We had it happen right here in our own metro area and it's devastating. On a brighter note it's been heartwarming to see how many people have rallied to support the families of both girls. In a way it doesn't surprise me... that's how we are here in Iowa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member