IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, there is no 12.23 sighting.

Just the cctv stamped 12.11, which was published on the "Missing" posters as 12.15, Mr C's sighting "between 12 and 1" then Mr G "around 12.20".

But, Mr G's not back to tell us. Maybe it wasn't Mr G at all. :(

ETA Thank you Otto, I stand corrected. A sighting at 12.23 but we don't know who by or if it was considered solid. The posters just say 12.15.

He said quote: "east on gilbert to the trail in edale then north to laff then to mccoy then to gilbert and across the dike to the nature trail back to the depot " Post #662 one page back near top of page.

BBM

My post was taken from Post #662, and the directions were exactly as you posted above with the exception of the words I bolded. IMO those words had no bearing on the basic directions.

So I'm at a loss as to why you responded to my post with identical information. Am I missing something important? :waitasec:

Thanks.

Just the cctv stamped 12.11, which was published on the "Missing" posters as 12.15, Mr C's sighting "between 12 and 1" then Mr G "around 12.20".

SS, I've posted this a few times but perhaps you've overlooked it:

Authorities said the girls left Elizabeth's house in Evansdale around 12:15 p.m., were spotted at approximately 12:23 p.m. at a nearby intersection and then were seen between 12:30 and 1 p.m. on a road by the lake.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-io...collins-bodies/story?id=17888330#.UOO-wm88CSo

I believe the 12:23 sighting was solid. JMO

ETA Thank you Otto, I stand corrected. A sighting at 12.23 but we don't know who by or if it was considered solid. The posters just say 12.15.

I don't think the posters are typically updated, especially now that the girls have been found deceased.

No it was more than that, IIRC we chewed it over on here and pretty much decided 12.15 was the last confirmed sighting.

Maybe that's what the FBI ran with, or the family confirmed?

Or maybe the alzheimers is winning...

When I first came here it was in hopes of helping to find the girls. I was just staring at Otto's map and thinking to myself "Where are they. Where can they be." I hate it when reality sets in a millisecond later and I realize that is not what we are doing anymore. I want the perp(s) caught, but what I really wanted was for these girls to be ok. I know the obvious answer to my next question is 'to stop it before it happens again', but I find myself asking it anyway "what's the damn point, we were too late." Signing off for now.

I believe the girls and/or the perp may well have been in the wooded area when Mr G biked past.

If Im not here to post, and G comes back, I hope somebody asks:

(a) did you see any people/vehicles or unusual activity in the area during your ride at the park, especially as it might relate to the girls ?

(b) when did you encounter the police at the park - photo of you with
them .. coming back from your ride, at the beginning of your ride? Aprx
time of the photo?

(a) did you see any people/vehicles or unusual activity in the area during your ride at the park, especially as it might relate to the girls ?

time of the photo?

BBM

That's one of the few pieces of info we actually have. Regarding the search for the girls at Meyers Lake on Monday, July 16:

The bikes and purse continue to be the best finds so far, Abben said. That’s why six off-duty Cedar Rapids police officers searched the tall grass and trees along the trail and Highway 20 again Monday.

As the group searched, a bicyclist stopped the officers to say he saw the two kids bikes on the trail at about 12:20 p.m., but no sign of the children.

Ted Gamerdinger of Waterloo said he rides the trail often.

“I saw the bikes laying on the path and had to swerve to miss them,” Gamerdinger said. He then went to the Evansdale Police Department to report the sighting.

http://globegazette.com/news/iowa/e...cle_7dbadcc0-cfd1-11e1-b097-001a4bcf887a.html

if u have not figured it out i am TG and yes it is a private drive the people that live on it paid for the road and we pay all the upkeep

:wagon:to WebSleuths,:websleuther:

SierraShelby !!!!

:balloons:

BBM

My post was taken from Post #662, and the directions were exactly as you posted above with the exception of the words I bolded. IMO those words had no bearing on the basic directions.

So I'm at a loss as to why you responded to my post with identical information. Am I missing something important? :waitasec:

Thanks.

Was just repeating ... no nefarious or critical intentions ... or trying to
butt in ...

I wonder how long the verification process takes? I figured we would have heard back from SierraShelby/Skylar/TG by now.

I have to call it an early night, so it will be interesting to log on tomorrow and see if we've gotten any answers.

time of the photo?

I have a funny feeling he won't be back.

Why do you want to know the time of the photo? I think it was taken later in the week IIRC.

I think eye witnesses give guestimates and that's all I think the timeline is for the most part. I almost lost it when the auction house dude said his camera was off by 8 minutes or whatever. That threw it all off but it's their op/timestamp & witness to times. Any other times published still doesn't mean that's the exact time other than when someone noted when they might have seen the girls or reporter errors. I believe it's between 11:30am to 1pm. They are all credible and provide information as to about when, where and who could have taken them.

I can't get out of Evansdale for a perp. Maybe a toe or two in Waterloo. Bremer Co. has interesting facts about ancestry online. Names don't change a lot over the years within Iowa. Well, some do but many are rooted there which is nice to see. I've witnessed some amazing people who do so much for their communtiy. Great town Evansdale & surrounding. Amazing support for the families and the girls to be found.

This is all my op from looking around. I do see that if arrested in Black Hawk Co. a meth dealer/drug manufacturer gets a higher bond amount at times more so, than a 3rd degree sexual assault of a 12 year old by a 20 year old. Cash bond, surety. That means full amount to bail him out. And the druggies arrested, same thing plus I believe the bond money must not come from illegal means such as drug sales and can be investigated before accepting it. I just don't get it. A 12 yo, 20 year old. Someone should have been the adult, duh.

The charge stems from Black Hawk Co. Who's in Jail, and the other info comes from CVM (Cedar Valley Mugshots) fb page. This 20 year old is supposedly related to both girls per a family member which surprised me as I thought it was Lyric at first per alledged perp. He had the opportunity, definetly the desire if he's okay with a 12 year old and claims she is lying & his family blames her! Totally unbelievable. There's a lot more but can't post it unless this person becomes a suspect. Drew posted about him, so I will too. Anyway, I feel it's someone within this circle. I just keep coming up with locals in that area. I can't get out of the Meyers Lake area or Waterloo, help!

All jmo

http://www.bhcso.org/WhosInJail.aspx

Search in the date area 12/27/2012. It will come up with the charge & name. You can also sort the headings to find the highest bond, charge etc..

I just read some more poems from the craigs list poet on the underground poetry site. link is back on pages 17-19 of this thread, I believe. They are much worse than the soulless poem that someone posted. They were from August and were about rape. In one poem he describes two victims. These poems are so scary. I don't want to copy and paste them on to here because he can then google them and see they are here. This is definitely a guy for police to look closely at. There are so many poems. Folks who are interested in profiling might find a lot to consider. I know someone said they called this in, but is it good to have multiple people calling it in? Does that help spur action?

Let that person write all they want. If its the perp then they just might slip up and say something only LE knows and from there LE will handle it. I'm sure LE is watching these poems and checking out just who might be writing them. LE/FBI have ways of tracking those IP Address down to who they belong to. Chances are its not the perp but just some sick person trying to get a rise out of whoever they can. Its sad that someone will stoop so low but it takes all kinds.

I just read some more poems from the craigs list poet on the underground poetry site. link is back on pages 17-19 of this thread, I believe. They are much worse than the soulless poem that someone posted. They were from August and were about rape. In one poem he describes two victims. These poems are so scary. I don't want to copy and paste them on to here because he can then google them and see they are here. This is definitely a guy for police to look closely at. There are so many poems. Folks who are interested in profiling might find a lot to consider. I know someone said they called this in, but is it good to have multiple people calling it in? Does that help spur action?

bbm

I think multiple postings on whatever in this case would catch someone's eye & make him/her get more interested & inquisitive about the info. I think it would help & I think it is important -- if it doesn't lead to anything in this case, it could prolly help someone else.

What's the deal with this so called person Mr G? I thought everybody was convinced it was the real deal here? How long does it take for WS to verify someone? He was here one minute and gone the next. Makes no sense if he was the real deal. I guess we'll see what's up with that in the next day or two, but I hate to say it but it could be anybody for all we know. It could even be the perp for all we know. Sorry for my rant, but I don't get it.

It can take days to verify a person, from what I have seen. Not sure exactly. But a day, anyway.

I have a funny feeling he won't be back.

Why do you want to know the time of the photo? I think it was taken later in the week IIRC.

just like to confirm dates and times if possible on things - old habit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly