IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that the social media gossip is legitimate ... mostly because there is not one single piece of information released by police to suggest that the children were anywhere near the Fareway store, or that they cycled on the trail from Lafayette to Arbutus. In fact, police have said that the girls were last seen riding West on Brovan - towards River Forest Road. That means that they were riding away from the Fareway store, away from the path to the lake, away from home. Why would we want to ignore police information and instead believe gossip from social media? Police have information that the girls were on Elmer, then Gilbert, then Arbutus. Again, this completely contradicts any suggestion that they were on the trail between Lafayette and Arbutus.

We have information from police that puts the children in a completely different location than the Fareway store. That is legitimate information. What facts are there to support the social media gossip about the store?

Thank you for your post, I agree with you 100%.

LE has released very little info in this case, which makes me think that what they HAVE released is significant. I am not going to disregard the sightings and times provided by LE in order to accept a FB rumor of the girls asking directions at Fareway. JMO

He didn't go to the media, they happen to be there when he tried to talk to them.

Bless your Dad for coming forward with information that he felt, at the time, was important in attempting to locate the girls. He has had to endure alot of media focus and public scrutiny/sleuthing for coming forward, but IMO he has maintained the same story over and over and over.

I see no reason to further sleuth or question who or what he saw, when he saw it, how he saw it, where he saw it, where he was, why he was there, how he got there, what he did when he was there, etc.....

Thank you for your post, I agree with you 100%.

LE has released very little info in this case, which makes me think that what they HAVE released is significant. I am not going to disregard the sightings and times provided by LE in order to accept a FB rumor of the girls asking directions at Fareway. JMO

I agree. However, many WSers have also agreed that Elizabeth and Lyric would never have gone/had never ridden to the lake and that they knew Lyric was leaving soon. IF they asked directions, then that would confirm they had never ridden to Myers Lake. IMO

Mr. G -
I'm curious as to what your theory is? As a local who was very close to the scene when the crime happened -- who do you think murdered the girls?

(Skylar, feel free to answer too!)

Thanks! And thanks again for joining us.

I agree. However, many WSers have also agreed that Elizabeth and Lyric would never have gone/had never ridden to the lake and that they knew Lyric was leaving soon. IF they asked directions, then that would confirm they had never ridden to Myers Lake. IMO

Not necessarily. They could have ridden there before with somebody that knew the way. If they weren't paying attention then, then they may not have remembered how to get there.

For example, I drive around Duluth a lot during the summer, but when I don't over the winter, I forget where I need to go the next time I go to Duluth.

I notice a few things that made we want to ask questions. Why were bikes being stored there and do they not lock the place up? Why spend the townspeople's money on demolishing old abandon houses and leave one downtown?

Agree about the water problem and I'm not an engineer or architect either. :waitasec: What got me was the fact the restoration group/organization went in and modernized it for future business use. Someone using grant money to expand their own future. ?????

I was so scared for the man filming the video! I kept thinking don't go in that dark bathroom. And, the first thing I thought was do they not lock this place up?? How weird!

I don't believe that the social media gossip is legitimate ... mostly because there is not one single piece of information released by police to suggest that the children were anywhere near the Fareway store, or that they cycled on the trail from Lafayette to Arbutus. In fact, police have said that the girls were last seen riding West on Brovan - towards River Forest Road. That means that they were riding away from the Fareway store, away from the path to the lake, away from home. Why would we want to ignore police information and instead believe gossip from social media? Police have information that the girls were on Elmer, then Gilbert, then Arbutus. Again, this completely contradicts any suggestion that they were on the trail between Lafayette and Arbutus.

We have information from police that puts the children in a completely different location than the Fareway store. That is legitimate information. What facts are there to support the social media gossip about the store?

I'm not saying I agree with any FB posts nor anything unconfirmed, but how does LE know the girls didn't make a right...and go along Lafayette or along the parking lot to get Fareway? And either way they could have used any of the east/west cross streets to get to Elmer. Why were they on Elmer Ave in the first place...or were they seen at the corner of Elmer and Gilbert? If they were coming from River Forest then they would run into the park entrance before Elmer...four block further east. ???

Map....and I don't know why I have that red balloon there. LOL

ETA: Correct link. Following too many cases at once!!!

http://goo.gl/maps/B1H7x

Folks: way back in this case we had to reiterate there is no sleuthing of witnesses... this still stands folks. As for any new members who are insiders in the case: we require verification to post as an insider. Until verification is completed by administration any discussion other than what is in the the main stream media is not okay.

Here is a link about verification:
Rules Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and welcome to all new members and guests! :cheer:

I'm not saying I agree with any FB posts nor anything unconfirmed, but how does LE know the girls didn't make a right...and go along Lafayette or along the parking lot to get Fareway? And either way they could have used any of the east/west cross streets to get to Elmer. Why were they on Elmer Ave in the first place...or were they seen at the corner of Elmer and Gilbert? If they were coming from River Forest then they would run into the park entrance before Elmer...four block further east. ???

https://www.facebook.com/events/459630630750974/

I'm so glad your daughter was found.

I notice a few things that made we want to ask questions. Why were bikes being stored there and do they not lock the place up? Why spend the townspeople's money on demolishing old abandon houses and leave one downtown?

Agree about the water problem and I'm not an engineer or architect either. :waitasec: What got me was the fact the restoration group/organization went in and modernized it for future business use. Someone using grant money to expand their own future. ?????

The building was acquired by the town in the 1980s. That is probably when the renovations were done. In 1993 there were devastating floods throughout the region. This is probably the same time that the bridge on 270 Street was weakened or collapsed. It sounds like there was water damage to the building in 1993 and that the building has remained un-used since that time.

The children's parents have said that they did not ride to the lake. I don't think we need a rumor from an anonymous person on a social media website to confirm that.

https://www.facebook.com/events/459630630750974/

I doubt that they rode along River Forest Road all the way to Gilbert simply because there is not a sidewalk from Brovan to Gilbert unless they crossed to the West side of River Forest Road. There is a sidewalk for a couple of blocks on the East side of the road.

Lafayette is a busy road with a Caseys, a bank ... all sorts of businesses, some of which would have video surveillance. There is no video surveillance of the girls except behind Cornbelt Auction on Brovan Blvd. That suggests that they did not ride along Lafayette.

He didn't go to the media, they happen to be there when he tried to talk to them.

Did not imply he sought the press out, although others have suggested that. Mine was meant to indicate that his name and pic being published has seemed to garner him unwanted attention on the web, much of it unflattering or hurtful attention.

Welcome Skylar. Thank you for joining us at Websleuths.

Folks: way back in this case we had to reiterate there is no sleuthing of witnesses... this still stands folks. As for any new members who are insiders in the case: we require verification to post as an insider. Until verification is completed by administration any discussion other than what is in the the main stream media is not okay.

Here is a link about verification:
Rules Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and welcome to all new members and guests! :cheer:

Is it okay to look at the timelines provided in witness statements and compare them to information released by police?

????? I think you wanted to reply to someone else??

I'm sorry. I clipped on the link for your map. It said my daughter is missing, but there were posts saying she had been located. I must be confused.

I'm sorry. I clipped on the link for your map. It said my daughter is missing, but there were posts saying she had been located. I must be confused.

I saw the same thing, Bootsctr. When I clicked on the link, it took me to a missing persons site, and when I scrolled down it mentioned the missing person had been located.

I doubt that they rode along River Forest Road all the way to Gilbert simply because there is not a sidewalk from Brovan to Gilbert unless they crossed to the West side of River Forest Road. There is a sidewalk for a couple of blocks on the East side of the road.

Lafayette is a busy road with a Caseys, a bank ... all sorts of businesses, some of which would have video surveillance. There is no video surveillance of the girls except behind Cornbelt Auction on Brovan Blvd. That suggests that they did not ride along Lafayette.

We don't know that. There could be all kinds of video images of the girls, even being followed by a vehicle. We just haven't been told about them. We only know about the one that was released. We do know that the police subpoenaed footage from the Bank's cameras. But we were never told what was on the footage.

BBM. Do we know that for sure? Does LE sometimes withhold video from the public, as they do other types of evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly