IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the same thing, Bootsctr. When I clicked on the link, it took me to a missing persons site, and when I scrolled down it mentioned the missing person had been located.

Thank you Marilynpa! I thought my computer was going crazy on me!

Probably best if we wait to discussion info from SierraShelby til he is verified. MOO

BBM. Do we know that for sure? Does LE sometimes withhold video from the public, as they do other types of evidence?

We don't know anything for sure, really, other than the information LE has released to date.

There could be other videos, witnesses, etc., but until that is made public, we can only go by the facts released by LE so far.

ETA: And welcome to WS, gar!

The building was acquired by the town in the 1980s. That is probably when the renovations were done. In 1993 there were devastating floods throughout the region. This is probably the same time that the bridge on 270 Street was weakened or collapsed. It sounds like there was water damage to the building in 1993 and that the building has remained un-used since that time.

My apologies....it was the conservation group not restoration....although, restoration could be done under them as well.

They are leaving it open for the use of the trail users for water and bathrooms. They had a 100th B'day party on July 7th of this year for the depot.

http://www.gilbertvilledepot.org/PressReleaseOnLease.pdf

http://www.gilbertvilledepot.org/news.html

Is it okay to look at the timelines provided in witness statements and compare them to information released by police?

I think you answer your own question otto. Witness statements from msm as compared to info released by le all equals msm yes?

BBM. Do we know that for sure? Does LE sometimes withhold video from the public, as they do other types of evidence?

:welcome5: gar

We know that there is surveillance video out there, as LE has said that there is, but they just don't know what they're looking for. They haven't mentioned other video of the girls, but I agree that they could be withholding it. I can't find the quote right now on the Courier website, but I believe they said they had "hundreds of hours" of video.

Also, regarding the Fareway sighting, I would believe people on Facebook who have said they had been questioned, as Facebook is not anonymous, unless someone creates a fake account. Which is possible, but it's pretty hard to have "friends" if you have a fake account. And I also don't feel that LE would be putting out a public plea to ask for witnesses (not sure who said that - Otto? - that they haven't done that, so the sightings at Fareway probably aren't true), because if LE felt that they had talked to everyone who was there on their smoke break, why would they put out a plea for more witnesses? And someone else mentioned that this could have happened before the last sighting by Grandma and the Cornbelt video, so in that case, it would not be necessary to use that in establishing a timeline.

We don't know that. There could be all kinds of video images of the girls, even being followed by a vehicle. We just haven't been told about them. We only know about the one that was released. We do know that the police subpoenaed footage from the Bank's cameras. But we were never told what was on the footage.

Let's suppose that the girls were last seen not riding West on Brovan, but East on Lafayette. What reason would there be for police to ignore that information, to not ask people on Lafayette to come forward with anything they remember, not let the public know that they were interested in activities along Lafayette at the same time that the children vanished? That doesn't make sense to me.

"A surveillance video showing two bicyclists may be the last glimpse of missing cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_c7394e3c-d6a6-11e1-a4f3-0019bb2963f4.html

I don't think that there's any good reason to suspect that police are withholding factual information regarding the last sighting of the children.

I remain aware of the edited video LE subpoenaed from the TV station, of Misty and Wylma.

I think you answer your own question otto. Witness statements from msm as compared to info released by le all equals msm yes?

That is what I've been looking at on maps, and that is where some of the confusion emerges regarding witness statements. Police have the girls at Brovan at 12:15 (confirmed), at 12:23 (possible) and at Elmer/Gilbert/Arbutus (possible). They have the bikes at the drainage gate at 2:00 (jogger, confirmed). The statement from the cyclist in the news is that he saw two bikes on the trail at 12:27 and that he was at the parking lot of Meyers Lake at 12:28. Since we did not hear that he doubled back on the trail and again saw the bikes at a later time, he must have left the parking lot via Elmer/Gilbert shortly after 12:28. That places him at the same location as the girls at the same time that the girls were possibly at that location. Presumably the sighting of the girls on Elmer/Gilbert/Arbutus was with bikes, so how could the bikes be at the SE tip of the lake? Also, if the children and bikes were on Brovan at 12:23, how could the bikes be tossed on the trail a mile away four minutes later? Photos of the cyclist talking with police do not appear to be taken at the drainage pipe gate, but appear to be closer to the people gate that accesses the treed area near Maiden Lane. I see no reason to doubt the cyclist's statement, yet the times conflict with times provided by investigators. It leaves me confused.

I waffle on whether le are withholding any other sightings or video. I tend to think they are not but conced that le does sometimes hold back things from the public

I just did a little more searching on info about Lyric and Elizabeth, and I found this phrase connected to their names on Google:

"Several girls did come forth and witness seeing both girls that afternoon."

This comment is supposedly on evansdalesearch.com, but when I go to that site I can't find it anywhere.:banghead:

Does anyone remember ever seeing this comment before?

Thanks.

ETA: Here it is, from Tuesday, July 17th:

4:00 P.M. News Conference - The police have zero leads and are at a standstill. They will continue to drain Meyers Lake but no idea how long it will take. Several girls did come forth and witness seeing both girls that afternoon. The dogs used scent pad samples taken from the girls' shoes and picked up a scent trail, but Breault couldn't say what, if anything, it led investigators to. Tips from all over are coming in about the girls and those leads are being followed. Officers are still on footer and interviewing people within the community.

BBM

Maybe these witnesses are the ones who provided info about seeing the girls at 12:23 and at 12:30-1:00.

Let's suppose that the girls were last seen not riding West on Brovan, but East on Lafayette. What reason would there be for police to ignore that information, to not ask people on Lafayette to come forward with anything they remember, not let the public know that they were interested in activities along Lafayette at the same time that the children vanished? That doesn't make sense to me.

"A surveillance video showing two bicyclists may be the last glimpse of missing cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_c7394e3c-d6a6-11e1-a4f3-0019bb2963f4.html

Because perhaps the killer is the only person who knows they were riding East on Lafeyette. Perhaps the killer was seen on video following them, or even talking to them. The police would not want the killer to know they have this footage. They want the killer to feel like he/she has gotten away with this while they await the ME results and gather all the evidence they need for an arrest.

That is what I've been looking at on maps, and that is where some of the confusion emerges regarding witness statements. Police have the girls at Brovan at 12:15 (confirmed), at 12:23 (possible) and at Elmer/Gilbert/Arbutus (possible). They have the bikes at the drainage gate at 2:00 (jogger, confirmed). The statement from the cyclist in the news is that he saw two bikes on the trail at 12:27 and that he was at the parking lot of Meyers Lake at 12:28. Since we did not hear that he doubled back on the trail and again saw the bikes at a later time, he must have left the parking lot via Elmer/Gilbert shortly after 12:28. Photos of the cyclist talking with police do not appear to be taken at the drainage pipe gate, but appear to be closer to the people gate that accesses the treed area near Maiden Lane. I see no reason to doubt the cyclist's statement, yet the times conflict with times provided by investigators. It leaves me confused.

I follow your confusion and remain hopeful that once our new member us verified he can shed some light. Til then what we've got is the confusion you've outlined

^^^^ Also, I find that wording interesting.

Is it okay to look at the timelines provided in witness statements and compare them to information released by police?

yes Otto. It always has been okay to discuss what is in the main stream media.

Also another reminder (not aimed at your post Otto.. this is just a general reminder):

1) do not discuss rumors (social media, etc)

2) do not discuss conversation at other forums.

Red highlight by me....

They are asking for any information, anything that people may have seen, without being specific, outside of the official timeline. I think that is their intention. They want to verify other information that they may have, whether or not it's been released to the public.

What type of cctv did Cornbelt Auctions have? In the surveillance video, it looks like the cctv in the following link.

Was their video surveillance motion only and did they also have the front of their business under video surveillance?

Wondering if Cornbelt Auctions has this multiplexer model camera and was it only used for the back of the business?

http://www.securitycameraking.com/securityinfo/2010/07/cctv-camera-multiplexers/

I doubt that they rode along River Forest Road all the way to Gilbert simply because there is not a sidewalk from Brovan to Gilbert unless they crossed to the West side of River Forest Road. There is a sidewalk for a couple of blocks on the East side of the road.

Lafayette is a busy road with a Caseys, a bank ... all sorts of businesses, some of which would have video surveillance. There is no video surveillance of the girls except behind Cornbelt Auction on Brovan Blvd. That suggests that they did not ride along Lafayette.

Correct, but you are saying they were nowhere near the Fareway. So how do you think they got to the lake?. LE has not released any info except for the fact they were going toward River Forest, even reminding us of it. Whether they have or have not been seen on any of the surveillance video along the stores is all speculation because LE hasn't stated anything about it.

If they didn't go down River Forest, didn't take the trail then how did they get to the lake? Down Evans? Then they had to make an east turn again somewhere?

BTW: Here's the correct link....:blushing: Don't know how that happened...
http://goo.gl/maps/B1H7x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member