IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<snipped>
God - PLEASE let it not have ended that way. I pray that either they were chemically subdued or tasered so they had NO idea what happened in their final moments.

SBM

My sister has a beautiful way of looking at things as horrible as this. When people ask "why does god allow this to happen to children" or things like that, she has a great response. She says that God may not be able to stop evil from happening to children but he can control the soul it happens to. She likes to think (and I have adopted it) that God takes their souls in the moments before their bodies die, so they don't feel pain or know cruelty. So in the end, their bodies are but an empty shell on autopilot so to speak, while their souls are free and painless. Makes me feel a little better about victims of evil stuff like this.

canstock3446144.jpg

Limited on allowed input. Later.

Probably April of 1985. Nights get cool that time of year and snow in early April is possible.

But the puzzling thing is that he was in plain sight of the farm house. Every farm has a light on a pole courtesy of the utility company, so even at night he would have been able to see that there was a house there.

The body was found fully clothed, including two coats (a pile lined coat and a windbreaker over it). That doesn't prove he didn't die of hypothermia but it would have been unusual for him not to have gone through the stage where victims of hypothermia start taking off their own clothes because they feel hot. He was certainly dressed appropriately for a cold night in April.

We have several farms in Iowa and the electricity on all of them is provided thru WIPCO (Western Iowa Power Cooperative). It is our option if we choose to have a security light or not thru WIPCO (they automatically turn on at dusk and off at dawn). If so, we pay a monthly charge (maintenance fee) of $3.55 per farm. If the bulb needs replaced in the light(s) then WIPCO replaces the bulb at no extra added charge to us. However, it is our option whether we want the security lights or not. Many farmers in the area choose not to have the security light provided by WIPCO, rather provide their own type of yard light mounted on their own pole, building, or whatever it may be.

:seeya:
Were the girls on the Internet much? I've only been following the case on Websleuths since they were found.

I'm definitely lean towards luring to Meyers Lake, but I just thought it was someone they met in the neighborhood.

:seeya: I don't know if they were on the net much, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out if they talked on the net. Imoo

We are all entitled to our own opinions, whether it be about this case or the weather.

Sometimes we need to agree to disagree rather than “pick apart” what others have to say. I'm not saying this to be snarky, it just seems that's how it's gotten to be as of late. :waitasec:

I understand WS has their TOS/rules that we must follow; however, this does make things quite a bit more complicated as we cannnot speculate, talk about, voice our opinion about, or ask each other questions about who we think the perp(s) could be, whether it be family, friend, neighbor, etc. unless it's been in MSM or LE which basically makes it about impossible to talk about the possible perp(s) unless the person(s) is/are a total stranger, which if they're a total stranger, then they're a “John Doe” or “Jane Smith” and it's hard to name who they may be because if we knew, obviously, we wouldn't be here discussing it! :banghead: Sorry, I'm over my rant now...:rocker:

O/t...just sharing with those interested...it has just hit 113f where I live. :eek:

That's 45c.

O/t...just sharing with those interested...it has just hit 113f where I live. :eek:

That's 45c metric.

O/T We are in winter here with lows at freezing to 28F the past month on and off for a day or so. We can have under 20 degrees F as we did a few years ago in the winter. brrr.. Our summers are in the 110's and up to 118F that I suffered through before (May thru August at least). I feel for you. Love from AZ. Go to the beach or as we do, the mountains ha! Aren't you flatland? 30 degrees cooler for us at least up there.

That's 45c.

Good show there. Which brings up some data I can supply. The basic lunar-solar calendar for
the day of Jul 13 2012, if anyone cares to know. First let me supply two links where you
can get this data for Waterloo, any city in Iowa or the world, for solar or lunar and other
astronomical data for the period in question (single day, month, year).

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?obj=moon&n=1203

On Jul 13 2012 we had the following at Waterloo:

13 Jul 2012

Twi A: 3:36am
Twi N: 4:27am
Twi: 5:10am
Sunrise: 5:44am
Solar noon: 1:15pm
Sunset: 8:46pm
Twi: 9:20pm
Twi N: 10:03pm
Twi A: 10:55pm
Moonrise: 1:24am
Moonset: 4:15pm
Day length: 15h 2m

LUNAR -
Date Jul 13
Moonrise 1:32 AM
Moonset 4:29 PM
Time Passed Meridian 8:57 AM
Altitude above horizon 64.3°
Distance
Illuminated 27.5%
Phase last qtr

O/T We are in winter here with lows at freezing to 28F the past month on and off for a day or so. We can have under 20 degrees F as we did a few years ago in the winter. brrr.. Our summers are in the 110's and up to 118F that I suffered through before (May thru August at least). I feel for you. Love from AZ. Go to the beach or as we do, the mountains ha! Aren't you flatland? 30 degrees cooler for us at least up there.

Mostly flat, where I live.

The whole country's in a heatwave.

The problem with the mountains, is they have an alarming tendency to burst into flames here.

It's best just to stay home haha. I'm lucky I've got a/c but I'm moving next week and about to lose it. :(

We are all entitled to our own opinions, whether it be about this case or the weather.

Sometimes we need to agree to disagree rather than “pick apart” what others have to say. I'm not saying this to be snarky, it just seems that's how it's gotten to be as of late. :waitasec:

I understand WS has their TOS/rules that we must follow; however, this does make things quite a bit more complicated as we cannnot speculate, talk about, voice our opinion about, or ask each other questions about who we think the perp(s) could be, whether it be family, friend, neighbor, etc. unless it's been in MSM or LE which basically makes it about impossible to talk about the possible perp(s) unless the person(s) is/are a total stranger, which if they're a total stranger, then they're a “John Doe” or “Jane Smith” and it's hard to name who they may be because if we knew, obviously, we wouldn't be here discussing it! :banghead: Sorry, I'm over my rant now...:rocker:

LOL Nice Rant... I know how you Feel!:twocents:

Is there room for a semi to negotiate a parking spot near the lake to drop the bikes? What about at seven bridges? Is there room for a semi to turn around?

My mistake, I should have posted it could have been a van, truck, car or sleeper cab used to abduct the girls from that repair station parking lot on Brovan. :blushing:

I get a weird feeling everytime I drive past it. :eek:hoh: The girls could have made a quick turn-around in it's lot to get home and not take the loop, but in the process got abducted instead. (The perps could easily glance down the street to make sure nobody was looking too)

I fogot about this guy.

He was arrested in August. I don't remember any other articles since then about his arrest but wasn't paying attention to him that much either.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ar...cle_50b4e094-dffe-11e1-aa0a-001a4bcf887a.html

That bond amount seems low? Can't find him in Iowa Courts. hmmm

Dr. Know, when I click on your link it brings up a blank page. Do you have another link regarding this person. I would be very interested in seeing it. Thank you! :seeya:

Thanks!
However...there are way way way too many cases for the the male accomplice :jail: and in order to find the details of the case, I have to be registered and pay a $25.00/month fee..........anyone registered willing to take on the task?????????????

I was a registered member before, and it may be just the case i was looking into, but i didnt see very much added info by becoming a member. I was able to see addresses and service returns & financials, but IIRC as to details in the case filings section nothing changed from non member to member.

if you want to pm me with the name and case/charge/date & explain what it is your looking for, i would be happy to investigate for you and pm the info back to you. I have this weekend off so that would give me a few hours of spare time.

Artzy

If you have the stomach for it, the 12 minute referenced video in this article is an example of psychopathic thinking and behavior. http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto...ets_involved_and_the_case_gets_even_more.html

Notice the glee, entitlement, and zero empathy about sexual assault. This is what I think the mindset is of dear Lyric and Elizabeth's killer(s). I would love to ask everyone in the area, "Who scares you? Even if they seem 'normal,' even if it's just a glimpse, who do you know that enjoys cruelty and where were they on July 13?"

SBM

My sister has a beautiful way of looking at things as horrible as this. When people ask "why does god allow this to happen to children" or things like that, she has a great response. She says that God may not be able to stop evil from happening to children but he can control the soul it happens to. She likes to think (and I have adopted it) that God takes their souls in the moments before their bodies die, so they don't feel pain or know cruelty. So in the end, their bodies are but an empty shell on autopilot so to speak, while their souls are free and painless. Makes me feel a little better about victims of evil stuff like this.

Not attacking you or your sister, just jumping off your post here....

Probly the wrong place / time to say this, but i never understood why people would say these kind of things. I have always been a believer in God and trusted him, & i will say that my son was raped by his own father at the age of 5 and my son felt every bit of it! :furious: I grew up with abusive parent and i felt every bit of it......I can honestly testify to several spiritual/supernatural encounters where god has saved me from death, but i still felt everything. One time i had a close encounter with death and i will say that god gave me a peace in that moment that i have never felt before and could never explain to another human & from that experience i know that heaven & His presence is truely an awesome place to be..... :twocents:

Maybe the guy in the white van looked like someone who saw the girl's that day talking to them? A witness reported that? Just guessing.

I still think it was the white van theory. I remember all the scanner calls before, MSM reports of attempted abductions and after. I think there's an article or MSM tweet out there about there were 300 or so Chevy Astro? Vans in the county registered but turns out the guys was a Safari, that looks just like the Astro? so that would include even more possibly.

UPDATE: Man driving white van is not a suspect in Evansdale abduction

There has been speculation on social media sites about the involvement of a white van in the abduction of Lyric and Elizabeth, but as of last week, law enforcement involved in the investigation said there's no evidence to support those rumors.

An attempted abduction was reported recently in Dubuque involving a white van. The Dubuque Police Department interviewed the driver of a white van who had approached an 11-year-old girl. The girl told her parents he touched her face. The girl ran away and her family reported the incident to police. Police interviews with the man revealed no criminal intent and no criminal charges will be filed.

On Tuesday, an attempted abduction was reported in Cedar Rapids and involved a white Astro van. http://www.kwwl.com/story/19174082/...hite-astro-van-in-missing-girls-investigation

Looking at the van in the picture made me sad. Could our girls have been in a very similar vehicle? Would a perp have been so brazen as to enter a store with the girls still in the vehicle? Not likely, but still saddens me at the possibility the girls could have been in such a situation. I think a pickup truck is very likely too. Like a good poster said, a pickup would make it very easy to just chunk the girls' bikes into the bed and be on their way...

My apologies if my earlier post offended anyone regarding an accident with the girls. Just speculating and my mind tends to wander. Love you all and hope you can forgive me. :please:

If you have the stomach for it, the 12 minute referenced video in this article is an example of psychopathic thinking and behavior. http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto...ets_involved_and_the_case_gets_even_more.html

Notice the glee, entitlement, and zero empathy about sexual assault. This is what I think the mindset is of dear Lyric and Elizabeth's killer(s). I would love to ask everyone in the area, "Who scares you? Even if they seem 'normal,' even if it's just a glimpse, who do you know that enjoys cruelty and where were they on July 13?"

I have no words.... :furious:

Not attacking you or your sister, just jumping off your post here....

Probly the wrong place / time to say this, but i never understood why people would say these kind of things. I have always been a believer in God and trusted him, & i will say that my son was raped by his own father at the age of 5 and my son felt every bit of it! :furious: I grew up with abusive parent and i felt every bit of it......I can honestly testify to several spiritual/supernatural encounters where god has saved me from death, but i still felt everything. One time i had a close encounter with death and i will say that god gave me a peace in that moment that i have never felt before and could never explain to another human & from that experience i know that heaven & His presence is truely an awesome place to be..... :twocents:

(((((((hugs))))))) to you and your son!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member