IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused.

I too remember that Wylma and Tammy had plans which is why the girls were asked to only go for a "short" ride (gramma has now confirmed short = 10 minutes).

I just can't find the reference, so I'm clueless now.

Don'tya hate that?

Yep.:banghead:

Here we go, finally found the transcript about their plans

When Mom -- I had met Mom at her house because we had had some plans. She had originally left. When Misty showed up to pick up Lyric, and Mom said, you know, The girls have been off and it`s been a little bit too long, but you know, you guys need to go find your kids, Tammy and I have some other things that we`re doing, and Tammy`s at the house.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ng.01.html

You know Marilyn.... I think you have written the perfect WebSleuth post! :rocker: You rule! Your post made me listen to David A. Coe! Thank you! "So, I'll hang around as long as y'all will let me. I never minded satnding in the rain....." :great:

And you don't have to call me darlin', darlin'.

Wasn't Wylma getting her hair done?

I don't remember that being mentioned at all, I think that would have eliminated lots of discussion here. If she was getting her hair done, why did that include Tammy?

So maybe Wylma wasn't going anywhere with Tammy, she was just waiting for Misty to get off work and take her and Lyric back home to Waterloo?:waitasec:

But I'm certain I read that Wylma and Tammy were going somewhere, and they came back when they learned the girls were still missing.

I'll keep looking, although it probably doesn't make any difference. It appears Lyric did know what time to be home - before Misty got off work and they had to go back to Waterloo.

IMO, it makes a HUGE difference.

When Mom -- I had met Mom at her house because we had had some plans. She had originally left. When Misty showed up to pick up Lyric, and Mom said, you know, The girls have been off and it`s been a little bit too long, but you know, you guys need to go find your kids, Tammy and I have some other things that we`re doing, and Tammy`s at the house.

That is what I remembered! Thanks for finding it!!

MISTY MORRISSEY, MOTHER OF LYRIC: I was at work. I work at Casey`s Gas Station, was getting off of work. My mom called and said -- she is about four blocks away. She said, "You know what? I can`t find the kids. They`ve been riding their bikes. If you just want to come here and help me find them, that would be great."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/16/ijvm.01.html

Somewhat different versions...:waitasec:

Well she did leave and go meet up with Tammy, we know that for sure. She left even when the girls didn't come home. She was concerned enough to tell misty and heather to go find their kids, then left to go meet Tammy.

It had to have been incredibly important in order for her to go to Tammy's rather than help look for her beloved granddaughters.

In the link and quote I posted above, Tammy met Wylma at Wylma's house. No point really other than I always assumed Wylma picked up Tammy at Tammy's house to go do their "plans". I guess I should have read all this more thoroughly months ago. :)

So.....

Wylma's story is that she was headed home at 1:30 to get Lyric back to Misty, who got off work at 2.

Misty's story is that Lyric was supposed to text her while she was at work to let her know whether to pick her up at Heather's in Evansdale or meet her at home in Waterloo.

Tammy's story is that she was meeting Wylma at home in Waterloo because they "had some plans." And that Misty was supposed to pick up Lyric at Heather's in Evansdale all along.

Is that correct?

(and WTF?!)

I wonder what this refers to?

Any ideas?

Does it mean that Lyric went out at 11.30, and came home again, and left a second time?

Or Wylma did?

:waitasec:

The word "original" indicates that someone left more than once.

:cow:

So.....

Wylma's story is that she was headed home at 1:30 to get Lyric back to Misty, who got off work at 2.

Misty's story is that Lyric was supposed to text her while she was at work to let her know whether to pick her up at Heather's in Evansdale or meet her at home in Waterloo.

Tammy's story is that she was meeting Wylma at home in Waterloo because they "had some plans." And that Misty was supposed to pick up Lyric at Heather's in Waterloo.

Is that correct?

(and WTF?!)

Yup...:pullhair:

IMO, it makes a HUGE difference.

You're right, I didn't word that well.

Iamnotagolem's post shows a different version of events. So this may be one of those things we can't ever get straight. It seems everyone (Tammy, Wylma, Misty) has a slightly different version of what took place. JMO

I wonder what this refers to?

Any ideas?

Does it mean that Lyric went out at 11.30, and came home again, and left a second time?

Or Wylma did?

The word "original" indicates that someone left more than once.

The link clarifies a bit more I believe. Wylma left to go meet Tammy. She is referring to Wylma originally leaving, then coming back to evansdale to help look for the girls.

The link clarifies a bit more I believe. Wylma left to go meet Tammy. She is referring to Wylma originally leaving, then coming back to evansdale to help look for the girls.

But Tammy says she was already at the Collins house.

I had met Mom at her house because we had had some plans. She had originally left. When Misty showed up to pick up Lyric

I'm more confused than ever, so I'm going to sit back and see if you guys can hash this out and determine who went where with whom at what time on the 13th.:waitasec:

--------------> I have never seen the answer to this question.<------------------

Because it was never stated why. Wylma has never said why and to our surprise, Tammy NEVER did say why, and I caught that in the beginning. Tammy who tells all and more skirted around the reason a couple of times in interviews.

Was Lyric going to Gma's and just wait the 30 or so minutes at her house for her mom to arrive and would the youngest son be there to watch her till Misty got home? It certainly doesn't sound like Lyric was going to go along with Tammy and Gma because Misty was wanting to know if she was going to wait for her til 2 at Heather's or leave with Wylma.

But Tammy says she was already at the Collins house.

I had met Mom at her house because we had had some plans. She had originally left. When Misty showed up to pick up Lyric

Wylma's house is in Waterloo. She does not live with the Collins.

Ok that's the second comment that makes me wonder if Wylma went out somewhere while she was "looking after" the girls.

There was another comment somewhere that made me go :waitasec:

I'll see if I can find it.

NOT BASHING!!! Small safe town, overworked grandma, girls out on bikes - it's not a crime if she nipped out for some cigarettes or a sandwich she doesn't have to make herself.

My point is, she may not have seen the girls come home and leave again.

The girls might've taken her absence for tacit permission to disappear for another hour.

That could explain why they were caught apparently zooming away from the house at 12.15, and why they went so far.

Or - maybe someone else was at the Collins house while gramma was out, who told the girls she was waiting for them down at Meyers Lake and to hurry down...:what:

IMO

I think the period between "left" and "when" is a typo. Remove the period and the sentence is She had originally left when Misty showed up to pick up Lyric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member