IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they subpoenad the footage because something was said that directly opposes something someone else said.

Maybe Misty or Wylma inadvertently shot down someone's alibi.

:cow:

It couldn't have been Wylma, because she was silent throughout the video.

Maybe you're right and Misty inadvertently said something that LE was interested in.

I just can't imagine what it could be, the interview seemed fairly innocuous. But obviously it was interesting enough for LE to subpoena the video. JMO

Does anyone know what appointment Wylma and Aunt Tammy had that afternoon? I'm wondering if it was in any way relevant. Like was it a custody attorney or realtor or anything that could have triggered anger in someone?

I don't think it has been specified, but I just assumed Wylma was giving Tammy a ride to go shopping or something.

Has anyone see an explanation of what Wylma and Tammy were doing?

I don't think it has been specified, but I just assumed Wylma was giving Tammy a ride to go shopping or something.

Tammy has her own car, 2 in fact. I would love to know where they were headed!

I believe this was not a random crime; the perp is someone familiar with Evansdale and with the 7 Bridges area; and, the perp is probably someone known to one or both of the girls.

I don't think LE is totally clueless, and believe they have their eyes on a suspect(s) but are waiting for evidence to be processed. The perp may be in jail on other charges, giving LE time to work their case without fear that the perp will get away.

I do feel the girls made it to the lake that day, and the bikes were left there at the time of the abduction as opposed to being staged. I do not know what route they took to get there.

I believe the girls were taken directly to 7 Bridges after being abducted, and were killed on the same day they were abducted.

I have no definite theory on the motive for this horrible crime, but I am not convinced the primary motive was sexual. I think there are other valid motives that should also be considered as well.

I don't know if both girls were targeted, or just one of them.

I don't believe the perp will turn out to be a local RSO.

I think that when the perp is named, we won't hear the usual "I never would have suspected him" or "she would never do something like that" or "they were good people." I think we'll hear "there was always something off about him" or "she made me suspicious" or "they've always acted a little strange."

All JMO, MOO, IMHO, etc.

ETA: And I still don't know what to make of TG's sighting of two bikes on the trail. But I do not suspect him of anything connected to Lyric and Lizzie.

You know Marilyn.... I think you have written the perfect WebSleuth post! :rocker: You rule! Your post made me listen to David A. Coe! Thank you! "So, I'll hang around as long as y'all will let me. I never minded satnding in the rain....." :great:

On the topic of staging, and being very general here:

There are several reasons for staging.

To make it look like something other than a crime -- either temporarily, to gain time to escape, or to get away with the crime permanently because nobody recognizes it for what it is. Faking a suicide, for instance. In this case, staging to make it look like they might have drowned in order to gain time would seem to be a possibility.

To make something look like a crime when it's not. Suicides often try to do this so that their families can collect on their insurance. Can't see any way that applies in this case.

To direct attention away from the real crime scene, either temporarily or permanently. Quite possible here.

To get rid of evidence in a way that won't lead back to the perp -- hiding in plain sight, as it were. What more logical place to leave a couple of bikes than right beside a bike trail? They're much less noticeably out of place than if they were thrown out onto the side of the road, for instance.

Some killers just like to stage the kidnap scene, the bodies, or the evidence. Think Sigg placing Jessica Ridgeway's backpack just so, where it had to be found. Sometimes it's part of the killer's ritual -- like cleaning up after himself, or something.

Sometimes it's a form of taunting.

Risk doesn't enter into it for most such killers. They just don't think the same way we do. Many of them enjoy the thrill or think LE's too stupid to catch them -- it's like saying, "Hey, look here, look at what I did, and I did it right under your noses."

--------------> I have never seen the answer to this question.<------------------

I wonder if they subpoena'd the video for an internal investigation into whether one of their own people had stepped over the line interrogating Misty and Dan, rather than anything to do directly with the kidnapping investigation.

If that was the case, it should have been so stated in the subpoena. But it wasn't.

--------------> I have never seen the answer to this question.<------------------

Here's something Wylma said -

WYLMA COOK, GRANDMOTHER OF MISSING GIRLS: I told them not to be gone very long, don`t go very far. They knew that they had to be back in a very short time, because Lyric knew that I was leaving Heather`s to go back to my house where she lives in Waterloo. And I didn`t figure that they would be gone very long.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ijvm.01.html

A question here if a local person would answer it. Thanks.
Is there a building (house, business, club type thing, library) near Meyer's Lake where it would be a common sight for elementary school age children to be seen entering and exiting the building during the summer months? This could be either by themselves or in the company of an adult or older youth.

WYLMA COOK, GRANDMOTHER OF MISSING GIRLS: I told them not to be gone very long, don`t go very far. They knew that they had to be back in a very short time, because Lyric knew that I was leaving Heather`s to go back to my house where she lives in Waterloo. And I didn`t figure that they would be gone very long.

And here's another quote from Wylma:

COOK: And Lyric knew that we were going to be heading for home at 1:30 because her mom got off at 2:00.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html

In this transcript, Wylma is saying the girls asked to go for a short bike ride at 11:30. I know that time was later adjusted to 12:15.

Do you know if the archive has the videos of them on nancy grace or JVM??

And here's another quote from Wylma:

COOK: And Lyric knew that we were going to be heading for home at 1:30 because her mom got off at 2:00.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html

In this transcript, Wylma is saying the girls asked to go for a short bike ride at 11:30. I know that time was later adjusted to 12:15.

So why did gramma get worried at 12.30?

A full hour before they were due to leave, and only a quarter hour after they left in the first place?

:waitasec:

It couldn't have been Wylma, because she was silent throughout the video.

May you're right and Misty inadvertently said something that LE was interested in.

I just can't imagine what it could be, the interview seemed fairly innocuous. But obviously it was interesting enough for LE to subpoena the video. JMO

Just thinking...

Grandma silent though the 'video' as you said...

But maybe something was said, that never made it to the video?

Not by Misty, but by Grandma....

And that's why they had a subpoena ??

I really don't know...

So maybe Wylma wasn't going anywhere with Tammy, she was just waiting for Misty to get off work and take her and Lyric back home to Waterloo?:waitasec:

But I'm certain I read that Wylma and Tammy were going somewhere, and they came back when they learned the girls were still missing.

I'll keep looking, although it probably doesn't make any difference. It appears Lyric did know what time to be home - before Misty got off work and they had to go back to Waterloo.

Re: the bold, does that mean just Wylma was leaving to go home? Or did she mean to say "WE were leaving"?

Sorry what I'm asking is did Wylma and Tammy's plans include Lyric or was lyric going to stay with Heather until after Wylma and Tammy's thing?

Eta: I see Marilyn's post above does say "we".

Re: the bold, does that mean just Wylma was leaving to go home? Or did she mean to say "WE were leaving"?

Sorry what I'm asking is did Wylma and Tammy's plans include Lyric or was lyric going to stay with Heather until after Wylma and Tammy's thing?

Eta: I see Marilyn's post above does say "we".

I'm confused.

I too remember that Wylma and Tammy had plans which is why the girls were asked to only go for a "short" ride (gramma has now confirmed short = 10 minutes).

I just can't find the reference, so I'm clueless now.

Don'tya hate that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member