IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think something like cause of death would be what LE don't release as that would be something only the killer would know.

Obviously the "witness" from Fareway have long been compromised via the social media, the witnesses weren't even the ones on FB talking about it, it was people they had told about it.

I'm curious about the whole Fareway rumor, the girls were observed on CCTV at 12:15, stopped by Fareway and asked for directions (but weren't captured on any surveillance there?) then biked to the lake, dropped their bikes and were disappeared by 12:27?

These people were instructed by police to not discuss their statements with media, so they went on social media and discussed it?

To give the family the benefit of the doubt...it's a small town. If people found out about her son being questioned, she may have felt she needed some explanation as to WHY in the event that him being questioned would imply guilt of something. As long as she didn't reveal anything that LE asked her not to, I would think she would be within her rights.

Another explanation? People simply cannot help themselves. They blab and say things they shouldn't. I don't know the woman, so I will give her the benefit of the doubt :)

To give the family the benefit of the doubt...it's a small town. If people found out about her son being questioned, she may have felt she needed some explanation as to WHY in the event that him being questioned would imply guilt of something. As long as she didn't reveal anything that LE asked her not to, I would think she would be within her rights.

Another explanation? People simply cannot help themselves. They blab and say things they shouldn't. I don't know the woman, so I will give her the benefit of the doubt :)

True.
But people will also post lies online to insert themselves into high-profile stories (and run to media outlets, who may or may not be able to tell what they're doing).

I'm on the fence as to whether or not much merit should be given to this poster. She could be being truthful or she could be be inserting herself into the girls' case because she loves drama & attention.

I agree. I have been a fascinated follower of the CVM simply for the plethora of information provided regarding the ciminal element in the area. Particularly the SOs.

The tier three offender in waterloo with the initials RLJ for example. Lascivious acts with child 0 to 13, weapon used, knife

*shudder*

So many predators, its a wonder any of us keep our children safe with a pedo practically hiding under eery rock in sight.

BBM

And this guy is under no residency restrictions - he could live next door to a school or playground. It seems to me that any RSO whose crime involves a child 0-13 should have residency restrictions. JMO

These people were instructed by police to not discuss their statements with media, so they went on social media and discussed it?

No...people on the FB page had stated they saw LE at Fareway talking to the people who were out on a smoke break (as well as other employees at the store). Her son's name was mentioned as well as another person.

She (the mother) was already part of the FB page and said that all she could disclose by instruction of LE was that the girls had stopped and asked for directions. She was instructed not to give details behind the questions or answers and she didn't.

Hope that makes sense. LE never told her she couldn't disclose that the girls had stopped and asked for directions...but rather not to disclose what directions were given, the time the girls stopped etc.

Which to ME sounds like LE WANTS it to remain vague. I think that is :great:

I would think something like cause of death would be what LE don't release as that would be something only the killer would know.

Obviously the "witness" from Fareway have long been compromised via the social media, the witnesses weren't even the ones on FB talking about it, it was people they had told about it.

I'm curious about the whole Fareway rumor, the girls were observed on CCTV at 12:15, stopped by Fareway and asked for directions (but weren't captured on any surveillance there?) then biked to the lake, dropped their bikes and were disappeared by 12:27?

For all we know the girls asked for directions BEFORE they were on CCTV at 12:15...maybe even in the morning? No idea when the directions were given to the girls. They could have met the perp sometime that morning who told them to meet at the lake at 12:30 so they checked in with Grandma AFTER they had directions and BEFORE they went to the lake.

Thanks for all the posts urging me to call the tipline. I know it seemed like forever waiting to see if I called or not. :waiting: ( I did.) I just needed a little poke to get me going!! lol :poke: You are all VERY good at leaving no stone unturned. :thumb:

What we know, a list of facts only.

The killer/ killers are familiar with 7 bridges park, and Meyers lake park.
He/they used a vehicle to transport the girls.
The girls bodies were found at 7 bridges park.
The girls bikes were found at Meyers Lake park.
This happened during daylight hours.
Elizabeth took her purse and phone along on her bike ride that day.

Any other facts we should add/keep/remove in regards to the list? I think it would help if we had a general list to follow. There may be something we
overlooked, or new information to add to it as time goes by. I'm not good at making lists, so anyone re-do it, please. I also have no idea how to keep the list available to go to for reference? :waitasec:

True.
But people will also post lies online to insert themselves into high-profile stories (and run to media outlets, who may or may not be able to tell what they're doing).

I'm on the fence as to whether or not much merit should be given to this poster. She could be being truthful or she could be be inserting herself into the girls' case because she loves drama & attention.

As terrible as that is, you are absolutely correct. My friend in LE says that most "tips" that come in to LE are junk called in by just those sorts of people. Of course, LE doesn't know that at the time and they have to follow up on everything! People also have been known to call in tips on their spouses when they are angry with them...for revenge! Unbelievable.

Can someone please gently remind me if Elizabeth's phone worked to make calls or was it just for games? TIA

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Can someone please gently remind me if Elizabeth's phone worked to make calls or was it just for games? TIA

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

It was for games only. The only call it could make would be 911. But it had no service.

The rumor is not under wraps. If there was any truth to the rumor, why is it excluded from the times and sightings reported by police.

For reasons stated by Ms Pragmatic. I think she hit the nail on the head.

Thank you! I'm torn.... I don't know enough about "dump sites". Just know when I saw the picture from above that showed the "sheets" covering the 2 sites where the bodies were found I felt they were killed on the spot execution style. .

It strikes me the same way. Im guessing the girls hands were tied. The
location chosen not near the shoreline but further back in the tall grass
area (to conceal). But still within walking distance from where a vehicle
would stop, so the perp isnt concerned with total concealment.

Why take them here at all? Why not right on the shoreline where a rise in
water might take the bodies downstream and distrubute their parts to be
never found? This perp is making judgements/choices but obviously is not
too concerned with the bodies never being found. The scope of his
choices and decisions/knowledged seems to be slightly restricted ...

The perp is taking a big risk with this method of disposal. What's to guarantee these bodies would not have been found the next day, if somebody had been on their game, and decided to search these areas the next day? Something explains this perp's choices/actions. Is he aware of what's going on back at Evansdale, maybe even knows law enforcement, and thinks nobody will be searching this area any time soon ... until deer season? His resources and his knowledge are driving his decisions.

I found a pic u all might think is interesting.. How do i post a picture on here. I cant figure it out

Someone earlier had asked about Iowa's Sunshine Law and the autopsy reports. Here is a link I found regarding whether or not results of an autopsy would be released:

http://publications.iowa.gov/3477/1/05_dec_autopsy_reports.html

I'm guessing we won't be hearing the results until an arrest is made and this goes to trial.

I don't think we will find out until then either. I hope like heck They were able to figure out how these girls died. It would give them another piece to this puzzle. Something as simple as a rope could be significant because they could start trying to trace the rope.

I do believe 7-Bridges is very significant to him.

No, you are not the only one a little surprised and puzzled that 7-Bridges was not searched sooner. There was a screen shot posted on an earlier thread that showed a snapshot of a FB post suggesting the 7-Bridges be searched as early as the 22nd of July. I believe Misty's last media interview was July 21st and she asked that LE look further north. Very generic I know, but did she specifically tell LE 7-Bridges and just say north on tape. I'm apologize. My hard disc crashed and I have lost all my saved links. Need to start over again from thread #1 and refresh my memory. I just think someone, anyone, would have immediately formed a search group and headed up to 7-Bridges if 7-Bridges had been announced sooner. Definitely not what LE would have wanted because of destruction of evidence, but getting memories of a certain Mr. Krunk here... :waitasec:

Thank you very much. My suggestion, my question, was not off the cuff but based on hard experience from several directions including having been a Ranger's assistant in a county-State park when I was younger. These places can be a magnet for 'concealed activity' ... parks that get abandoned are a special magnet, in my experience. Wild America!

I feel very bad for TG and honestly with the way he has been treated it would make me second guess myself before going to LE with a tip or something I saw in a similar situation. I mean, in the end I would go because the girls or a victim or any victims matter more, but it does show how quickly blame can spiral, in my opinion.

Hope the truth comes out soon for Lyric and Elizabeth!

I found a pic u guys might be interested im.. How do i post it from my phone.. Cant figure it out

Click post reply
Write your message
Click attachments ( the paperclip at the top of your message box)
Click Browse
Choose picture of choice, and method like (jpg)
Push send.

If that doesn't work, refer to your phone's user manual or look for instructions on the internet for your make and model of phone.

No disrespect intended, but do you know how many wooded areas there are in this state? It would not be possible, in my opinion, to be able to search them all without major manpower, like the National Guard from all 50 states.

True.

However, the perp selected THIS place, and not any of the other "many wooded areas in the State of Iowa" ... and he did not drive to Lake Michigan or the Atlantic Ocean. The perp is acting within his personal resource & knowledge base which is part of the Evansdale-Waterloo-Cedar Falls ecology. The perp or somebody close to the perp has been there before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member