IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree. And I think I can answer too. But I'm not allowed to. :banghead: :furious: :notgood::hand:

Well, one possibility is pretty obvious!

IE., prior concern that something was afoot or could happen, based on . . .

Which is the same as saying: 'la famille vivait déjà en danger' from ...

"les personnes responsables" (LE's exact words).

ceci ne peut pas la science de rockerts du VE !
(this may not be rocket science after all)

I tried three times today to respond to a particular post, and deleted it each time. I can't say what I want to say without violating TOS. There is just something in the family dynamics that seems strange to me, and I'm not pointing fingers at Misty and/or Dan by saying this. JMO

I'm really wondering about the family rift. I do not think it is a pretend rift for LEs benefit. I think it is for real. I think that having the family pretend to say hurtful things about each other in the media would be an incredibly cruel, heartless way to get what they want. I do think the rift is real, but I'm surprised LE didn't ask then to keep the rift out of the public's eye.

If the perp killed the girls to hurt the family, then airing all of this drama in public is only proving that he/she did his/her job and did it well. I mean robbing these families of their precious daughters inflicted unfathomable amounts of pain. Now this family has fallen apart and are attacking each other in the media at every turn. Instead of leaning on each other in this time of need, they are throwing virtual punches.

I do not mean this to criticize the family, they are hurting and rightfully so, but that seems like the perps intent.

I'm really wondering about the family rift. I do not think it is a pretend rift for LEs benefit. I think it is for real. I think that having the family pretend to say hurtful things about each other in the media would be an incredibly cruel, heartless way to get what they want. I do think the rift is real, but I'm surprised LE didn't ask then to keep the rift out of the public's eye.

If the perp killed the girls to hurt the family, then airing all of this drama in public is only proving that he/she did his/her job and did it well. I mean robbing these families of their precious daughters inflicted unfathomable amounts of pain. Now this family has fallen apart and are attacking each other in the media at every turn. Instead of leaning on each other in this time of need, they are throwing virtual punches.

I do not mean this to criticize the family, they are hurting and rightfully so, but that seems like the perps intent.

The potential for conflict, and retribution, has certainly been there all
along. These are high stakes games involving people's lives and livlihoods.

Its already an OB assosication, where one could expct more "oh boy!"(s).

Children and whole families get thrown under the bus. It always happens where there are druigs!

Things cluster .......................................... "the persons responsible".

Choices: child sex vs. drugs vs. some accident

I think this link also implies that they TYPICALLY come back within an hour or so (from the same transcript):

COOK-MORRISSEY: I don`t think they have a normal bike route, but they are not allowed to just ride freely for hours or until dark. They do have a little bit of freedom, so they`re allowed to go, you know, maybe two or three blocks away and stay within those blocks. An hour, check back in is kind of the standard that we hold with them, and mostly, they stick with it.

Misty states they "mostly" stick with it. I think kids will be kids and lose track of time.

So, given that...I wonder if the girls left at 11:30...were last seen by Wylma at 12:15ish, SHE thought they'd be back by 12:30 (because that would have been AN HOUR from the time they left - at which they would typically check in).

Maybe they knew Grandma saw them ride by at 12:15 (maybe gave her a wave and checked for her to motion them back in and she didn't) and they decided they would take another ride (again...them thinking they had another HOUR before checking in again since they'd just seen her at 12:15).

I am probably not going to get my answer as to whether or not the girls themselves had been told they needed to be back by 12:30. :( I am just trying to think along the lines of what the girls may have been thinking...

Also, to corroborate my thinking along the same lines...in that same transcript Misty states:

COOK-MORRISSEY: I left for work at 8:30 AM. She gave me a hug and a kiss and told me she would text me and let me know when I got off of work where she would be, either at Heather`s in Evansdale or back at our mother`s home in Waterloo.

Does this mean she was to text her at 2:00 and let her know where she was? (Informing Misty where she needed to be picked up). Maybe Lyric thought she didn't need to be back until 2 in time to text her mom to let her know where she was?

Again...this is only trying to brainstorm the girls line of thinking. I don't think (from what I can find in the transcripts) the girls actually KNEW they were leaving before 2, possibly.??? :banghead:

I dont' believe the girls blatantly took off, ignoring their Grandma. I think there was a misunderstanding between when Grandma naturally expected them to physically come inside the house to check in and maybe the girls thought the 12:15 sighting WAS their checking in and since she didn't wave them inside thought they had another hour. :waitasec:

For the love...I hope I'm making sense here. My brain is fried.

BBM

This makes a lot of sense to me. The girls probably didn't have an idea of what time it was, they relied on Grandma to call them in. They biked by, Grandma didn't call for them to come in, so they pedaled away thinking they had checked in and had more time to bike.

This is what I mean. I just want to see what aired on TV. I'm wondering once again what could have been significant. It's still the ONLY subpoena in this entire case! (I think).

I could never see anything significant in the interview, either, except for the fact that Wylma didn't say anything. It was a typical Misty interview, IMO, where she seems forthcoming but is difficult at times to follow.

Well, one possibility is pretty obvious!

IE., prior concern that something was afoot or could happen, based on . . .

Which is the same as saying: 'la famille vivait déjà en danger' from ...

"les personnes responsables" (LE's exact words).

ceci ne peut pas la science de rockerts du VE !
(this may not be rocket science after all)

exactement!

BBM

This makes a lot of sense to me. The girls probably didn't have an idea of what time it was, they relied on Grandma to call them in. They biked by, Grandma didn't call for them to come in, so they pedaled away thinking they had checked in and had more time to bike.

But why did they choose that day, of all others, to make the Lake their destination?

Whether they asked for directions or not, their bikes were there so I imagine they were too, or at least very close by.

Why choose that particular day to break the rules?

Asking for directions implies that they'd never been there before...under their own steam, anyway.

:cow:

The potential for conflict, and retribution, has certainly been there all
along. These are high stakes games involving people's lives and livlihoods.

Its already an OB assosication, where one could expct more "oh boy!"(s).

Children and whole families get thrown under the bus. It always happens where there are druigs!

Things cluster .......................................... "the persons responsible".

Choices: child sex vs. drugs vs. some accident

I don't think it was drugs or child sex or an accident. I think it was more along the lines of (without saying who did it, and I don't mean to implicate any particular person) retribution for other issues. Perhaps the perp just hated Heather with a passion because Heather is so sweet and god-fearing and loveable. And then Heather got ill, which just makes her all that much more likely to get sympathy. Haven't you ever known a narcissist would would just HATE a person like that? Throw in a little psychopathy and/or drugs, and I can see a perp who would think along the lines of "Ok, little Miss Perfect - you have never suffered a day in your life. You think God is so on your side? Let's see God fix this one for you!"

Again -- I'm not saying who that would be. But I have my theories.

I could never see anything significant in the interview, either, except for the fact that Wylma didn't say anything. It was a typical Misty interview, IMO, where she seems forthcoming but is difficult at times to follow.

Agree. Me either. I'm stumped.

I don't think it was drugs or child sex or an accident. I think it was more along the lines of (without saying who did it, and I don't mean to implicate any particular person) retribution for other issues. Perhaps the perp just hated Heather with a passion because Heather is so sweet and god-fearing and loveable. And then Heather got ill, which just makes her all that much more likely to get sympathy. Haven't you ever known a narcissist would would just HATE a person like that? Throw in a little psychopathy and/or drugs, and I can see a perp who would think along the lines of "Ok, little Miss Perfect - you have never suffered a day in your life. You think God is so on your side? Let's see God fix this one for you!"

Again -- I'm not saying who that would be. But I have my theories.

If this is the case then why was both girls taken and both found deceased?

If this is the case then why was both girls taken and both found deceased?

I know you didn't ask me, but taking both girls hurts misty and heather. If heather was the only intended target, we know that heather raised lyric for several years and was very close to lyric (even if she wasn't the favorite aunt).

Ok...I've been doing a lot of thinking on this.

I wonder if the girls ever KNEW they had to be back by a certain time. I know it's been said by the family that they "never went that far", and that Wylma had wanted to leave the house by 1:30 to meet Tammy - BUT - was it ever published that Grandma told them "DO NOT GO FAR" or "stay within eyesight because we are leaving in just a bit"...anything along those lines?

Even though the adults seemed to have their plans for the day, I have yet to read where Grandma had told the girls their plans for leaving early. (The reason I say early is because Misty wasn't to get off until 2:00 - and they were leaving at 1:30 to meet Tammy according to transcripts).

Did the GIRLS know this or did Lyric think they had until 2 before anyone would expect them home? If this is when Mom would be picking her up unless she was told to be back before then maybe she/they thought they had time to dink around until Mom got off work?

I know Grandma had said in a transcript that if she can't see them she will yell for them and they will "eventually come back".

I just wonder if the girls themselves were ever told what time they needed to be back? Was that ever published in a transcript and I missed it? Or did the family just expect them back because they TYPICALLY checked in on a regular basis?

I just find it weird that a lot of focus seemed to have been made to the 2pm timeframe as far as the jogger, the Casey's guy in the white van etc. For some reason I'm feeling there is some sort of association with that 2pm timeframe...meaning that would be maybe when the girls would plan on being back to Lizzy's??

Great points!

I think both girls were specifically targeted, I do not think that one was just collateral damage. I think the perp specifically and methodically chose to take both girls and not just any two girls, these two girls were his/her target.

The more I think about it, the more it seems planned and carefully arranged. I still think they were grabbed right after they were seen on video, to allow grandma to see them and give them more of a head start.

Does anyone know if Collins phone records were ever looked at? I'm not implying anything nefarious but it's quite possible that the perp was talking on the phone with grandma that morning, especially if it was someone close to the family. Grandma wouldn't have any reason to guard her words, she could have said that she was headed back to Waterloo and gave the time and as they were talking mentioned the girls out riding bikes and what the other kids were doing.

Whenever I talk to my mom she always asks what my kids are doing, she loves them and is interested in them. I ask what my nieces and nephews are doing when i talk to their parents.

The only thing I picked up I could question was when she said they haven't found anything in Cedar Valley. "They haven't found that yet." and then goes on to talk about expanding the search. Basically she was saying LE is on their arse because they haven't found anything yet, are frustrated and so they are coming down hard on her and Dan because of their criminal history.

This was discussed early too that LE may have thought something was going on in the hotel room or as little to prove Misty and Dan were in fact together when they really were not suppose to be around each other except when talking to media or with LE. This is because of the stipulations of Misty's release/supervision, etc.

http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/us...=6&o=348&_suid=135734467420702305379002723692

My mistake, I should have posted it could have been a van, truck, car or sleeper cab used to abduct the girls from that repair station parking lot on Brovan. :blushing:

I get a weird feeling everytime I drive past it. :eek:hoh: The girls could have made a quick turn-around in it's lot to get home and not take the loop, but in the process got abducted instead. (The perps could easily glance down the street to make sure nobody was looking too)

We ate at that restaurant behind it one day, and there was a truck with the missing poster in the back window or tailgate, I don't remember which. The BIG poster, full length. Anyway, I wondered if it was the owner's truck. Wouldn't it be horrible if that's where they were abducted from.

Sorry I'm just reading old transcripts to see what I might have missed. I never thought about what everyone did after they involved police, and after the bikes were found. I assumed they kept looking, calling the girls' friends, driving around town looking for them, etc.

Here is the transcript from the interview:

BROUSSEAU: OK. So then we watched the investigators put the crime scene tape up. They were down there for a very long time. I would say approximately three hours, maybe more, you know, doing their investigation.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ng.01.html

So they just sat and watched? Did everyone or just part of the family? Surely at that point there was still hope that the girls were alive, why not look for them, why watch to see what police dug up?

Sorry I'm just reading old transcripts to see what I might have missed. I never thought about what everyone did after they involved police, and after the bikes were found. I assumed they kept looking, calling the girls' friends, driving around town looking for them, etc.

Here is the transcript from the interview:

BROUSSEAU: OK. So then we watched the investigators put the crime scene tape up. They were down there for a very long time. I would say approximately three hours, maybe more, you know, doing their investigation.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ng.01.html

So they just sat and watched? Did everyone or just part of the family? Surely at that point there was still hope that the girls were alive, why not look for them, why watch to see what police dug up?

That seems so odd. I think a lot of behavior on this case is odd, but not have been through something like this and hopefully never will be, I pull myself back to giving the benefit of doubt. But, I always keep having those "well that is weird" moments on this case.

Thank you Snowbunny! That is horrible! I'm glad they caught him and of course makes me wonder if it could be related to our girls. :furious: :banghead:

He just got out of prison THIS WEEK!!! Yeah that was a good idea! Letting him out, I mean.

I may be repeating news but she was arrested last night! One gone, many to go.

eta: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime...-child-*advertiser censored*-case-4167653.php

Thats her the one with tatoo's on her body and on her wrist .I hope the Iowa LE zooms in on this and the FBI? MOO I think this woman is connected to our Girls ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela