IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree you need to read her full story and the tatoo's the boy in cedar falls saw on her wrist .

Would you provide a link, please? A link to the story that ties the woman arrested in California with the attempted kidnapping in Cedar Rapids.

I think perhaps you have two stories confused into one.

There was a woman arrested in California related to child *advertiser censored*. She does not grab kids and sell them - she was seen in a child *advertiser censored* video made a decade ago. This woman has tattoos.

There was a woman who allegedly tried to abduct a boy in Cedar Falls. This woman had a tattoo on her hand.

They are not the same woman.

I thought that attempted abduction happend in Cedar Rapids? I could be wrong or since the towns are similarly named, they could be getting mixed up. Tough Cedar Rapids is close to here, it's still about 45 minutes away where as cedar falls connects to Waterloo.

Would you provide a link, please? A link to the story that ties the woman arrested in California with the attempted kidnapping in Cedar Falls.

Or, if you can't link it, just give us the name of the article and the name of the publication, and we can Google it.

Thanks, because I'm curious to see this article also.

I thought that attempted abduction happend in Cedar Rapids? I could be wrong or since the towns are similarly named, they could be getting mixed up. Tough Cedar Rapids is close to here, it's still about 45 minutes away where as cedar falls connects to Waterloo.

You're right, it's Cedar Rapids. Thanks!

I'm really wondering about the family rift. I do not think it is a pretend rift for LEs benefit. I think it is for real. I think that having the family pretend to say hurtful things about each other in the media would be an incredibly cruel, heartless way to get what they want. I do think the rift is real, but I'm surprised LE didn't ask then to keep the rift out of the public's eye.

If the perp killed the girls to hurt the family, then airing all of this drama in public is only proving that he/she did his/her job and did it well. I mean robbing these families of their precious daughters inflicted unfathomable amounts of pain. Now this family has fallen apart and are attacking each other in the media at every turn. Instead of leaning on each other in this time of need, they are throwing virtual punches.

I do not mean this to criticize the family, they are hurting and rightfully so, but that seems like the perps intent.

If that is so, 'golem, then there is some real hate (in the truest, most awful meaning of the word) going on here, IMO. And that's a very, very cruel thing to think about.
icon9.gif

As I understand it, the previous time Lyric went missing, she was with her cousin and they were in Waterloo, not Evansdale. No connection to Meyers Lake.

M. MORRISSEY: Yes. A week before this, Lyric and her other cousin, Tammy`s daughter, K (ph), who were in Green Briar, which is another division of Waterloo, and they went walking to the park. They were gone for an extended amount of time. We went looking for them at the park, and they weren`t there. So we called the police. They -- right when I called the police they came walking up to the house.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ijvm.01.html

I am pretty sure that this http://goo.gl/maps/mVaRh is the Greenbrier neighborhood

Not really.

In my case, I'm not going to talk about what I shouldn't talk about, and I'll quit making reference to the fact that I'm not going to talk about it.:what:

Yeah, you're right...me too.

Sorry I'm just reading old transcripts to see what I might have missed. I never thought about what everyone did after they involved police, and after the bikes were found. I assumed they kept looking, calling the girls' friends, driving around town looking for them, etc.

Here is the transcript from the interview:

BROUSSEAU: OK. So then we watched the investigators put the crime scene tape up. They were down there for a very long time. I would say approximately three hours, maybe more, you know, doing their investigation.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ng.01.html

So they just sat and watched? Did everyone or just part of the family? Surely at that point there was still hope that the girls were alive, why not look for them, why watch to see what police dug up?

My recollection is that the the family was hanging around the parking lot at Meyers Lake. I and many others, thought that was odd. I would need to do something.

Do you have a link to the entire story?

I may be wrong and speaking out of turn, but I believe any connection that others have made is assumed. This woman may have a tattoo and may be involved in child *advertiser censored* and trafficking, but a lot of people have tattoos but that doesn't make them the same person. If there is a real connection, I haven't read it.

Seems there is some confusion, so maybe this will help?

From the article re the attempted abduction in Cedar Rapids:

"The white female was in her 20’s, thin build, shoulder length brown hair and a tattoo on the thumb web of her left hand."

That description does not match the heavy set, 52 year old blonde woman who was arrested in CA. It would be nice to think that the person responsible for the abduction attempt was off the streets, but unfortunately, I don't think this is the same person.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Cedar-Rapids-Police-Investigating-Attempted-Abduction--164599056.html

Would you provide a link, please? A link to the story that ties the woman arrested in California with the attempted kidnapping in Cedar Rapids.

The best I can do is have you go to page 54 on this # 25 go to #1333 and also to #1344 also the desmoines register has her stort . Her name is Letha Mae Montemayor according to the arrest they made in woodlad hills .I hope the check with the Cedar Falls boy thst saw her tatoo

My apologies. The CA woman does have tat on her left wrist. Is it the same?'

Several of the woman's tattoos are visible in the photographs. They include a black tattooo on her right hip resembling a butterfly; a tattoo on her right shoulder blade depicting the outline of a curled up cat; a tattoo with words across the top of her left wrist; and a tattoo of unknown design on the upper portion of her left breast, according to ICE. #2 pic

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...os-Angeles-Operation-Sunflower-185568072.html

By full interview, do you mean unedited? If so, there was not one. The interview was conducted live, not taped, so there was no editing. What you see is what you get, in other words.

"In this case, Schillinger said, however, the mother and grandmother were interviewed live for a noon broadcast. There was no additional footage beyond what aired and what was posted on the station’s website."

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/...subpoenas-kwwl-tv-video-in-missing-girls-case

Here's what you are looking for - you have to watch it for a minute or so before the interview begins:

http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/us...tySetsRecordStraight001.mp4.html?sort=6&o=348

Thanks to crankycrankerson for the video!

After watching that video AGAIN, I'm almost 100% convinced that this case will never be solved. (I hope and pray though I'm wrong).

I may be wrong and speaking out of turn, but I believe any connection that others have made is assumed. This woman may have a tattoo and may be involved in child *advertiser censored* and trafficking, but a lot of people have tattoos but that doesn't make them the same person. If there is a real connection, I haven't read it.

I agree. But if someone is stating something as fact, then they need to provide links to back it up. Even an assumed link needs to be more than a tattoo. There is more than one woman with a tattoo. The woman in IA was involved in an ALLEGED abduction, there was never any proof that she was trying to abduct the boy, this was discussed when it happened. Police never spoke to her as far as I recall.

The best I can do is have you go to page 54 on this # 25 go to #1333 and also to #1344 also the desmoines register has her stort . Her name is Letha Mae Montemayor according to the arrest they made in woodlad hills .I hope the check with the Cedar Falls boy thst saw her tatoo

I don't think it was drugs or child sex or an accident. I think it was more along the lines of (without saying who did it, and I don't mean to implicate any particular person) retribution for other issues. Perhaps the perp just hated Heather with a passion because Heather is so sweet and god-fearing and loveable. And then Heather got ill, which just makes her all that much more likely to get sympathy. Haven't you ever known a narcissist would would just HATE a person like that? Throw in a little psychopathy and/or drugs, and I can see a perp who would think along the lines of "Ok, little Miss Perfect - you have never suffered a day in your life. You think God is so on your side? Let's see God fix this one for you!"

Again -- I'm not saying who that would be. But I have my theories.

We add retibution to the list ... fine work.

I recall a while back in not the same as the Cousins a diffrent county a young boy was walking with his bike and the woman ran after him and tried to get him into the vechicle the boy yelled and his dad was out there running towards his son the woman had tatoo's on her wrist ? Does any one elese remember that ?

Yep...that was right here in Cedar Rapids over on the west side. The little boy was riding his bike, the van pulled over and the woman got out and tried to pull him off! His dad was on a motorcycle riding by him and he was able to wrestle the boy away! He identified her as having a tattoo on her hand. I was so sad he didn't get the license. :(

Above are the two posts you mentioned. The first one, is a post you yourself made. Neither of those posts even link to a media article claiming that the mid 20s woman with a tattoo who ALLEGEDLY attempted to abduct a boy is the same person as the mid 50s woman who was arrested in California.

The below article was on des Moines register, but if you look at the link, it was pulled from USAToday.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/usatoday/article/1810515?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

But why did they choose that day, of all others, to make the Lake their destination?

Whether they asked for directions or not, their bikes were there so I imagine they were too, or at least very close by.

Why choose that particular day to break the rules?

Asking for directions implies that they'd never been there before...under their own steam, anyway.

:cow:

I have felt all along that it was "planned" to meet "somebody or somebodies" that day while out on their bike ride with the high probability of only one of the girls having knowledge of it.:truce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela