IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 99% sure that's not true. That would invite intimidation, coersion and witness tampering. The restraining order is granted by the court to protect the victim. There are arrests all the time in the police log of people who have violated no contact orders against each other and are both arrested.

I don't have a link or anything but I can agree with you that it isn't true. I recently worked with a couple who had a restraining order/order of protection/no contact order and they were caught together, both willing, and both were arrested for the violation. You see it frequently on the cedar valley mugshots that two people are arrested for violating their order.

I may be repeating news but she was arrested last night! One gone, many to go.

eta: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime...-child-*advertiser censored*-case-4167653.php

Glad the beeotch was caught...

But do have to say one thing about ICE...

From following various threads since I've joined this awesome site, ICE has been the most progessive agency I think in terms of appropriately sharing, and publicizing, with the public what they are looking for, and, achieving results...

Somewhat O/T...but sheesh...LE, please do share more...lawyers are going to haggle about everything anyway, trust the public....

Okay, that's more than :twocents: worth...

Yours above is my understanding as well (said to clarify). However, it
does make me wonder about "out of State connection", the term used
early by the FBI. Were they checking the nationmal data bases on
abductions thinking there might be a connection to Evansdale via I380
etc, or something else ? The FBI's statement "out of State" has never
been clarified or used again ... that I know of.

"We believe," Breault said, "these girls are alive and we are not discouraged by the passage of time since their disappearance."

She refused to say what led authorities to that conclusion, but told reporters that investigators are expanding their search beyond Iowa.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...orities-believe-missing-iowa-girls-are-alive/

BBM

Is this what you're referring to?

Do you have a link to the article where LE said that? I'd like to read it and check out the date.

No link handy but it was FBI spokesperson 'Breault' (sp?) ... I am
sure others here will confirm and have the links ... every news channel carried it -

May be here ?

"We believe the two girls are alive," FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault told ABC News. Breault said this belief was based partly on the evidence found Friday, but would not elaborate further.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-believe...2#.UAsm8ERqpig

or this:

"It looks like they are looking across state lines, like the girls were taken out of state. Also looks like they have been interviewing a person(s) of interest."

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iow...z/-/index.html

I pulled the above from a super-quik Google search ...

I agree. But if someone is stating something as fact, then they need to provide links to back it up. Even an assumed link needs to be more than a tattoo. There is more than one woman with a tattoo. The woman in IA was involved in an ALLEGED abduction, there was never any proof that she was trying to abduct the boy, this was discussed when it happened. Police never spoke to her as far as I recall.

I think we are saying the same thing so I will rewrite your lead in as "I agree AND if someone is stating something as fact, then they need to provide links to back it up." :)

Glad the beeotch was caught...

But do have to say one thing about ICE...

From following various threads since I've joined this awesome site, ICE has been the most progessive agency I think in terms of appropriately sharing, and publicizing, with the public what they are looking for, and, achieving results...

Somewhat O/T...but sheesh...LE, please do share more...lawyers are going to haggle about everything anyway, trust the public....

Okay, that's more than :twocents: worth...

With the sec trafficking trade so prevalent, I'm surprised that we don't hear about more of these arrests.

BBM Then the perp should have been hanging out at one of the other parks. It has been said that Myers Lake doesn't get a lot of visitors.

Well, I wouldn't think they'd want too many people around as potential witnesses, either.

No link handy but it was FBI spokesperson 'Breault' (sp?) ... I am
sure others here will confirmand have the links ... every news channel carried it -

May be here ?

"We believe the two girls are alive," FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault told ABC News. Breault said this belief was based partly on the evidence found Friday, but would not elaborate further.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-believe...2#.UAsm8ERqpig

or this:

It looks like they are looking across state lines, like the girls were taken out of state. Also looks like they have been interviewing a person(s) of interest.

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iow...z/-/index.html

I think it is fairly safe to assume that the FBI has had no clue from the beginning. IMO

I think we are saying the same thing so I will rewrite your lead in as "I agree AND if someone is stating something as fact, then they need to provide links to back it up." :)

I tried to thank you twice! ;) yes to everything you said.

To me, this case screams "luring". I have a hard time understanding why these girls would ride to the lake. Absolutely NO family member thought it was something the girls do often. We know the girls weren't taken there to swim because it was leech-infested. We know it was nearly a mile from where they were supposed to be. Both Heather and Gma stated that the girls stayed close to home. They were on a time limit. Why THAT day? Why the lake? Leaves me with two thoughts: they were lured there. Or they were taken closer to home and the bikes were staged.

Having the same thought process but...if they were taken closer to home that means taking/controlling two girls w/ two bikes in BROAD DAYLIGHT no less. This seem very risky to me. This leads me to believe that it was someone they were at least familiar with. For those of you who have backgrounds with profiling do SO's take this kind of risk and would they take two girls unknown to them?
I have two girls with very different personalities (same parents). They both react different in stressful situations. I keep wondering how these girls were taken. No known screaming, no opening doors & jumping out, no know signs of a struggle. This person was driving too. I'm sure they were very scared & for that alone I really hope they are caught and severly punished.

No. Honestly I can't imagine what they were thinking. At their ages, my biggest worries had more to do with what game we were going to play next and how I was going to sneak my darn peas into the garbage without my mom seeing me. At that age, my cousins and brother were my best friends, daddy was my hero, and I had the best mom on earth. We looked for change so we could buy penny candy and rode our bikes in packs around the neighborhood. When we weren't doing those things, we played pick up games of baseball, soccer or dodgeball in someone's back yard. I never once as a child had a fear of being abducted...until Cheri Mahon disappeared. I had nightmares about her calling out to her mommy and daddy. Lord, that was decades ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. And she is what lead me here. Lizzie reminded me of her. And I didn't realize it until a few days ago. They have never found Cheri. That was in '85. She vanished into thin air never to be seen or heard from again. And she only had to walk 50 feet from her bus to her front door. A bright blue van with a mural painted on the side was always suspected in her disappearance, but they never found it either. Sorry for going O/T. But I've never gotten over it. I was 10 years old.

Now I will have to look that up. Did you know her, or did it happen where you live?

Johnny Gosch has always had my attention. He was a few years younger then I when abducted in 1982. I recently watched a show on msnbc called Missing Johnny. There were several thing that caught me off guard, or I simply had never heard before.

1. It took the police 45 minutes to respond, even though the police station was only 10 blocks away.

2. He had a younger brother and older half siblings.

3. There was a young guy who came forward who admitted he helped abduct Johnny. The Des Moines police never questioned him.

4. Eugene Martin was abducted two years later, and I knew about that, but the police didn't think there was a link. Then nearly two years after that, a THIRD boy went missing, Marc Allen. I have never heard of that one!!! Perhaps his mother (although interviewed for the show) was not as vocal as Noreen Gosch. Hes never been found.

Clearly, we owe a lot to Noreen Gosch and her tenacity. She has made a difference, and still is.

I think it is fairly safe to assume that the FBI has had no clue from the beginning. IMO

They did a lot of forensic and crime scene investigation work at 7-Bridges we know nothing about.

They have probably searched national data bases looking for traffic that might intersect with known individuals ... we know nothing about...

Its difficult to drop into a local scene and have instant mastery of all the
salient facts ...

I share your frustration.

Bottom line: the girls wanted their lives!

:banghead:

Now I will have to look that up. Did you know her, or did it happen where you live?

Johnny Gosch has always had my attention. He was a few years younger then I when abducted in 1982. I recently watched a show on msnbc called Missing Johnny. There were several thing that caught me off guard, or I simply had never heard before.

1. It took the police 45 minutes to respond, even though the police station was only 10 blocks away.

2. He had a younger brother and older half siblings.

3. There was a young guy who came forward who admitted he helped abduct Johnny. The Des Moines police never questioned him.

4. Eugene Martin was abducted two years later, and I knew about that, but the police didn't think there was a link. Then nearly two years after that, a THIRD boy went missing, Marc Allen. I have never heard of that one!!! Perhaps his mother (although interviewed for the show) was not as vocal as Noreen Gosch. Hes never been found.

Clearly, we owe a lot to Noreen Gosch and her tenacity. She has made a difference, and still is.

Noreen Gosch is a shining example of turning adversity into something positive. She is an inspiration, IMO.

They did a lot of forensic and crime scene investigation work at 7-Bridges we know nothing about.

They have probably searched national data bases looking for traffic that might intersect with known individuals ... we know nothing about...

Its difficult to drop into a local scene and have instant mastery of all the
salient facts ...

I share your frustration.

Bottom line: the girls wanted their lives!

:banghead:

Granted, they do know more than they are sharing with the public, so it may be unfair of me to say that they don't have a clue. However, statements that they believe that the girls were alive when it appears that they probably weren't are frustrating. Their statements could have been intentional for various reasons to help them with the case, but these statements don't help me have faith in a system where the girls were discovered completely by accident and chance.

I don't think it was drugs or child sex or an accident. I think it was more along the lines of (without saying who did it, and I don't mean to implicate any particular person) retribution for other issues. Perhaps the perp just hated Heather with a passion because Heather is so sweet and god-fearing and loveable. And then Heather got ill, which just makes her all that much more likely to get sympathy. Haven't you ever known a narcissist would would just HATE a person like that? Throw in a little psychopathy and/or drugs, and I can see a perp who would think along the lines of "Ok, little Miss Perfect - you have never suffered a day in your life. You think God is so on your side? Let's see God fix this one for you!"

Again -- I'm not saying who that would be. But I have my theories.

Still think his incident was a "for-profit" / "for-benefit" scenario...

So who would benefit?

The people who took these girls?.... Thought they had some dollars in their pocket, or debt, paid off ? Thought they had some 'marketable' collateral? Thought they had solved a relationship issue?

The people who saw a different way of life on the horizon?... Different responsibilities? Different relationships?

The 'benefit' angle has been bugging me since very early on...including a 'random abduction' or "for-profit" in that strange world of child *advertiser censored*...

Of course this could also be a total random act of perversion and opportunity...but at this point, I don't believe that, given the locality and circumstances..

And, after reading a million posts (give or take a dozen)...I'm still hung on the 'who benefits?' theory...

And there seems to be an "epicenter" somewhere in this...and not sure we're all aligned on 'epicenters'....

Please let evidence, and LE focus, and LE and public pressure get the evil perps out and prosecuted...

M. MORRISSEY: Yes. A week before this, Lyric and her other cousin, Tammy`s daughter, K (ph), who were in Green Briar, which is another division of Waterloo, and they went walking to the park. They were gone for an extended amount of time. We went looking for them at the park, and they weren`t there. So we called the police. They -- right when I called the police they came walking up to the house.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ijvm.01.html

I am pretty sure that this http://goo.gl/maps/mVaRh is the Greenbrier neighborhood

Hello, fairly newbie here. The more i read these posts, the more i feel somehow this is related. Posts have wondered why choose to visit the lake this particular day & also that their aunt may unwittingly know someone involved. I don't believe this was a random stranger. I believe in the possibility that one of the girls was being groomed over a period of time. Someone that knew a fair bit of the family history and habits & probably encouraged a safety in numbers because they had no issue being able to control more than one child. I hope that i make sense and havent said the wrong thing. It is simply my own theory

Still think his incident was a "for-profit" / "for-benefit" scenario...

So who would benefit?

The people who took these girls?.... Thought they had some dollars in their pocket, or debt, paid off ? Thought they had some 'marketable' collateral? Thought they had solved a relationship issue?

The people who saw a different way of life on the horizon?... Different responsibilities? Different relationships?

The 'benefit' angle has been bugging me since very early on...including a 'random abduction' or "for-profit" in that strange world of child *advertiser censored*...

Of course this could also be a total random act of perversion and opportunity...but at this point, I don't believe that, given the locality and circumstances..

And, after reading a million posts (give or take a dozen)...I'm still hung on the 'who benefits?' theory...

And there seems to be an "epicenter" somewhere in this...and not sure we're all aligned on 'epicenters'....

Please let evidence, and LE focus, and LE and public pressure get the evil perps out and prosecuted...

I agree with you about looking at who benefits, and how they benefit. And about there being an epicenter somewhere.

While the most obvious (to most) conclusion is that a pedophile took the girls for his own twisted reasons, there are other possibilities that deserve consideration. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MagnoliaGRL