IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wylma's house is in Waterloo. She does not live with the Collins.

Gads!

You're right.

Ok according to this bit, Wylma was still at the Collins house when Misty rocked up to pick up Lyric

.When Misty showed up to pick up Lyric, and Mom said, you know, The girls have been off and it`s been a little bit too long, but you know, you guys need to go find your kids, Tammy and I have some other things that we`re doing, and Tammy`s at the house.

So Mom came and got me. We got a phone call back from Drew (ph), Elizabeth`s father, saying, You guys need to get back here and help. So me and Mom jumped in the car, and right away we came back. Kelly -- we picked up Kelly, the 12-year-old son, and we started going to all these places that they`d already checked.

"Tammy's at the house" implies that gramma was still at the Collins's, but due to go back to the house (being Waterloo) to meet Tammy and then to whatever they had arranged, but the girls going missing changed that.

Also Wylma wasn't really disturbed about it in the first place (probably because it had happened the week before) and said to Misty more or less "find your own kid" and were going on their way, but Drew called her and Tammy and said "help!".

:cow:

I'm more confused than ever, so I'm going to sit back and see if you guys can hash this out and determine who went where with whom at what time on the 13th.:waitasec:

How the heck are we ever going to figure out how the girls disappeared when we can't even figure out where the adults were based on their interviews?! :banghead:

IMO

I think the period between "left" and "when" is a typo. Remove the period and the sentence is She had originally left when Misty showed up to pick up Lyric.

If that is the case, it makes it even WEIRDER! Misty didn't get off until 2pm, so that means Wilma left the Collins' at 2? And that makes no sense because by then, she would have known Lyric was missing for 1.5 hours.

My brain hurts.

Can someone please remind me what time Heather got home? Did Wylma alert her or just wait for her to come home? If she didn't alert Heather, and have her leave her appointment early, why did she alert Misty?

I don't remember that being mentioned at all, I think that would have eliminated lots of discussion here. If she was getting her hair done, why did that include Tammy?

I don't think that what Wylma was doing at 1:30 really makes any difference.

Ok that's the second comment that makes me wonder if Wylma went out somewhere while she was "looking after" the girls.

There was another comment somewhere that made me go :waitasec:

I'll see if I can find it.

NOT BASHING!!! Small safe town, overworked grandma, girls out on bikes - it's not a crime if she nipped out for some cigarettes or a sandwich she doesn't have to make herself.

My point is, she may not have seen the girls come home and leave again.

The girls might've taken her absence for tacit permission to disappear for another hour.

That could explain why they were caught apparently zooming away from the house at 12.15, and why they went so far.

Or - maybe someone else was at the Collins house while gramma was out, who told the girls she was waiting for them down at Meyers Lake and to hurry down...:what:

BBM

But weren't Lizzie's siblings in the house when Lyric and Lizzie were on their bike ride? Certainly one of them would have said something about Wylma leaving and someone else being there. JMO

Squeeze,

What do the locals in Waterloo think about this case? What do they think happened to the girls? Are people afraid there is a kidnapper living among them? Or do they think it was someone passing through?

Ok, I hope I don't get in trouble for this.... Similar theories to what we have discussed. Either drug related or sex offender. Before they were found, probably sex trafficking was high on the list. But that seems more unlikely now. I'm not sure that we are worried about a killer among us, but we are more cautious. We are stumped. But of course there are always the rumours that start up whenever anyone is arrested for anything it seems. Above all, we are concerned about the families. All of them.

Yup...:pullhair:

Nope. Tammy's "original" is talking about when Wylma "originally" left to come get her; BUT then she/they had to return to E'dale to help look for the girls.

IMO

I think the period between "left" and "when" is a typo. Remove the period and the sentence is She had originally left when Misty showed up to pick up Lyric.

I do not want to be rude or condescending, but the incorrect grammar used by some of the family members does not help...

BBM

But weren't Lizzie's siblings in the house when Lyric and Lizzie were on their bike ride? Certainly one of them would have said something about Wylma leaving and someone else being there. JMO

I don't know where they were.

I assume at the house, but?

They are younger too. Maybe they didn't even notice. Maybe he was parked outside. Maybe Wylma took them with her, or they were all napping.

I don't know. I doubt it happened personally, I was just theorising out loud.

:dunno:

I don't know where they were.

I assume at the house, but?

They are younger too. Maybe they didn't even notice. Maybe he was parked outside. Maybe Wylma took them with her.

:dunno:

BBM

Lizzie's brother Kelly is older than her. If anything unusual had happened, he was old enough to know it was important once Lyric and Lizzie went missing. JMO.

ETA: I know you were just "thinking out loud", but I did want to remind you that Kelly is older than Lizzie.

Gads!

You're right.

Ok according to this bit, Wylma was still at the Collins house when Misty rocked up to pick up Lyric

.When Misty showed up to pick up Lyric, and Mom said, you know, The girls have been off and it`s been a little bit too long, but you know, you guys need to go find your kids, Tammy and I have some other things that we`re doing, and Tammy`s at the house.

So Mom came and got me. We got a phone call back from Drew (ph), Elizabeth`s father, saying, You guys need to get back here and help. So me and Mom jumped in the car, and right away we came back. Kelly -- we picked up Kelly, the 12-year-old son, and we started going to all these places that they`d already checked.

"Tammy's at the house" implies that gramma was still at the Collins's, but due to go back to the house (being Waterloo) to meet Tammy and then to whatever they had arranged, but the girls going missing changed that.

Also Wylma wasn't really disturbed about it in the first place (probably because it had happened the week before) and said to Misty more or less "find your own kid" and were going on their way, but Drew called her and Tammy and said "help!".

BBM. See this doesn't add up to me with what Wylma stated in her timeline in the other "windy" video at the lake I just reposted a day or two ago. In that video she states Heather got home around 12:30, she told her the girls weren't back yet either....and they went to look for the girls. This says Misty got there around the time Wylma had to leave to meet Tammy...which would be closer to 1:30 or 2. 1. Misty never mentions Heather being there and she didn't say anything about knowing Heather and Wylma had already been looking for them for an hour.???

At least that is the way I see it.

I may be seeing some weird connections involving a person we've discussed, but need some answers first.

I noticed there are girls and boys preschool to 8th grade in an Evansdale wrestling club. Does Readlyn have a childrens wrestling club as well, and if so do they play each other from time to time? :waitasec:

OMG, I have chills down my neck!!!!! Remember when I asked this earlier today?? I just re-read the transcript that was just put up, and it says this:

Yes. She even likes wrestling.

D. MORRISSEY: Yes.

M. MORRISSEY: She likes to wrestle.

:gasp:

OMG, I have chills down my neck!!!!! Remember when I asked this earlier today?? I just re-read the transcript that was just put up, and it says this:

Hmmm . . . I figured they meant wrestling around on the floor, playing, not actual wrestling. But I could be wrong about that.

This is just IMO, but I don't think it was ever mentioned that Heather actually came home before or after she knew the girls were missing before she went to the police. I think most of contact with the mothers was made by cell phone except maybe talking to Misty at work.
Quick question-why do some of you think Drew was home sick that day? I'm not sure where I got the idea, but it's my thinking that he came home shortly after 12:30 & then grandma went out looking for the girls with Kelly while Drew watched the younger two. I don't know if he was called home or maybe came to get something to eat?

Was the RSO discussed earlier a wrestler, or the RSO friend of the RSO a wrestler? I know the one RSO was not a big guy, but the other was bigger. Refresher please and thank you.

Hmmm . . . I figured they meant wrestling around on the floor, playing, not actual wrestling. But I could be wrong about that.

Need to find out if she was or her brother is in the club. Or maybe she has simply watched the neighborhood boys in their backyards that is associated with this club? If so that information would be another connection to both of my questionable people, and the one that I suspected of being a possible accomplice. And if there is a Readlyn club that meets with the Evansdale club... guess who may have been in town that day? :what:

BBM

What I remember is that the oldest of the children was going to watch the younger ones when Wylma left ... for the short time until Heather came home.

You may well be right, because I haven't seen anything on the video that wasn't also reported by MSM, i.e., the night in the hotel when LE came in and questioned them, their conversation with an attorney. JMO

The only thing that struck me as a little odd was that Wylma said nothing in the interview. But maybe she just didn't have anything to say.

She may have said something off camera, or pre or post airing. But I think Boots' theory is right on.... if they are talking to anybody, it should be LE.

BBM. See this doesn't add up to me with what Wylma stated in her timeline in the other "windy" video at the lake I just reposted a day or two ago. In that video she states Heather got home around 12:30, she told her the girls weren't back yet either....and they went to look for the girls. This says Misty got there around the time Wylma had to leave to meet Tammy...which would be closer to 1:30 or 2. 1. Misty never mentions Heather being there and she didn't say anything about knowing Heather and Wylma had already been looking for them for an hour.???

At least that is the way I see it.

Misty mentions Heather being there:

COOK-MORRISSEY: ...My mom had been driving around looking for them. We stood in the yard and talked for a few minutes. Heather pulled up, had not been able to find them. It was about 2:20, 2:30 PM. And so Heather said, I`m going to the police station. And that`s when she went to the Evansdale PD to involve them

This is just IMO, but I don't think it was ever mentioned that Heather actually came home before or after she knew the girls were missing before she went to the police. I think most of contact with the mothers was made by cell phone except maybe talking to Misty at work.
Quick question-why do some of you think Drew was home sick that day? I'm not sure where I got the idea, but it's my thinking that he came home shortly after 12:30 & then grandma went out looking for the girls with Kelly while Drew watched the younger two. I don't know if he was called home or maybe came to get something to eat?

Drew came home:

COOK: ...so Kelly (ph), Elizabeth`s brother, he`s 12 -- I hopped in my car because the dad came home, and I went searching Elk Run. We were down by Meyers Lake. We drove all over every little park and Evansdale, Elk Run, every mentionable place, downtown area. And we couldn`t find nobody.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html (Nancy Grace, 17 July 2012)

I sure hope LE has more perseverance and patience than we do in putting this timeline together! Lol! It is critical to know who was where when, and exactly when they started looking. But every time I try to figure it out, the stories conflict so much that I just give up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abi