DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The generally accepted motives for a murder are

sexual
profit
revenge

We've spoken a lot about sexual and revenge type motives (there may still be elements!) but ask yourself this -

"who profited from this crime?"

:cow:
be very careful with where that leads the discussion :tos:

We don't know that.

Personally I'm starting to suspect one of the accomplices/closely linked did come forward at some stage...perhaps even very early on.

There is a reason for why I thought that but it's only 6am here and it eludes me right now.

:cow:

I have a bunch of hungry eyes glaring at me (run out of cat biscuits) its very distracting.

BBM
:gasp:

My two cats would be eating my computer if I ran out of cat treats or food!

[/B]
BBM
:gasp:

My two cats would be eating my computer if I ran out of cat treats or food!

I had to go to the servo and buy them and they cost me $4 more than they would at the supermarket.

I get home and somehow they know...all 3 of em lined up at the back door plus one wannabe.

Apparently fresh bacon and cat mince is not acceptable foodstuff any more.

Sorry, Holly, but I honestly don't remember at this point. I just remember reading about it very early on in the case. It was around the time that the photo of Misty and Tammy smiling at the Mexican restaurant on the night of the balloon release was posted on FB by one of Tammy's daughters and people FREAKED OUT because they looked so happy. Then the Courier ran that photo (it was tweeted to the reporter, I think that Essig guy) -- so honestly, it could have been a comment on that article, in the article itself, or via FB.

I know you can't tell emotions from what is outwardly displayed.

But some of the photos taken in the early days...just...wow.

My daughter moved out 3 years ago.

Thats 3 years of crying (secretly) and 3 years before I could even attempt to clean her room out.

And she's still alive and well.

Nurse,
How do we request a downstairs thread where we can discuss theories more openly and freely? Is that even a possibility?

No that is not possible, especially if you are meaning family members.

Any theory as fine as long as it does not involve family members until or unless they are named a suspect or person of interest.

No that is not possible, especially if you are meaning family members.

Any theory as fine as long as it does not involve family members until or unless they are named a suspect or person of interest.

Oh poo! That leaves me nothing to talk about, since I see that as the only and very obvious answer. But I don't want to get stabbed with your needle, so I will drop it. :innocent: :shush: :anguish:

Sorry, Holly, but I honestly don't remember at this point. I just remember reading about it very early on in the case. It was around the time that the photo of Misty and Tammy smiling at the Mexican restaurant on the night of the balloon release was posted on FB by one of Tammy's daughters and people FREAKED OUT because they looked so happy. Then the Courier ran that photo (it was tweeted to the reporter, I think that Essig guy) -- so honestly, it could have been a comment on that article, in the article itself, or via FB.

Thanks. I did remember all the hoopla with the photo and people thinking Misty was a bit over indulging while her daughter was missing, but couldn't recall the info about the fund.

Here's a bit more.

Ride (and Drive) Scheduled

to Honor the Girls

Proceeds from the event and donations
will be placed in a trust fund at an
Evansdale Bank for use only by Elizabeth
and Lyric in their future. Some of
the proceeds will also go the Iowa
chapter of the National Center for

Missing and Exploited Children.

http://www.creativeimpactco.com/content/EvansdaleAugust32012.pdf

In my scenario this is someone they know as well. And the more I think about it it makes sense no one would pay close attention to someone coming to pick up 2 kids from a park even if an adult WAS there blatantly walking them out!

I think about this scenario...

I'm at the park doing my thing. Over yonder I see a man who even BLATANTLY pulled up into a vehicle right in the parking lot (as SS stated he'd seen vehicles in the parking lot). I see him/her casually walk over around the lake to where 2 girls are over next to the pond throwing rocks, playing in the water etc.

I may not see the bikes (depending where they were at the time), but even if he turned around and walked them back to his car I wouldn't think anything of it! I'd actually think they were just there to pick them up. Even if there WAS some sort of commotion I'd probably think the girls were in trouble for being at the lake when they shouldn't have and the parents were out looking all over town for them and were ticked they'd been there alone.

Unless those girls were screaming in a clear indication they were being taken against their will even a bit of hollering wouldn't have made me think of anything at the moment. Now...after the fact? Sure! But...if it happened across the park would I even have paid attention enough to identify the person in detail? Maybe not.

I guess my point is this...this person (if known to them) could have easily told them they were in trouble and their parents were all over town looking and "you'd better get your butts in the car NOW"...and gone.

My personal theory is that it was a woman, even less red flags raised.

I'm not convinced that someone didn't witness the abduction and just don't realize it. I think it could have been so relaxed and calm that someone saw it happened and never put two and two together to realize it was that day they saw two girls get into a vehicle.

I was looking for information about the reward fund when I ran across this article. I don't think I've seen it before, although it's probably been posted.

For three months, Drew and Heather Collins have hoped, pleaded and prayed for the safe return of their daughter, Elizabeth Collins, and niece, Lyric Cook.

Friday was no different, except the couple was now in a conference room of a Des Moines hotel, listening to a Los Angeles Police detective sergeant talk about the connection between drug use and missing children.

“This is ground zero for what’s going on,” Drew said, explaining why he, Heather and other members of their family made the trip to Des Moines to talk about their tragedy at the “Preventing Abuse” conference put on by the California-based Cedars Cultural and Educational Foundation. “A lot of people need to hear what’s being said here.”

http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/st...cle_21f0def6-b9dc-5a61-9e8c-fbb05d6c0978.html

I was looking for information about the reward fund when I ran across this article. I don't think I've seen it before, although it's probably been posted.

For three months, Drew and Heather Collins have hoped, pleaded and prayed for the safe return of their daughter, Elizabeth Collins, and niece, Lyric Cook.

Friday was no different, except the couple was now in a conference room of a Des Moines hotel, listening to a Los Angeles Police detective sergeant talk about the connection between drug use and missing children.

“This is ground zero for what’s going on,” Drew said, explaining why he, Heather and other members of their family made the trip to Des Moines to talk about their tragedy at the “Preventing Abuse” conference put on by the California-based Cedars Cultural and Educational Foundation. “A lot of people need to hear what’s being said here.”

http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/st...cle_21f0def6-b9dc-5a61-9e8c-fbb05d6c0978.html

Really?

Who knew that associating with known felons could lead to trouble...? Gosh.

:silenced:

My personal theory is that it was a woman, even less red flags raised.

I'm not convinced that someone didn't witness the abduction and just don't realize it. I think it could have been so relaxed and calm that someone saw it happened and never put two and two together to realize it was that day they saw two girls get into a vehicle.

I agree completely that the perp could be a woman. Much less likely to throw off alarms for the girls.

Tammy had stated in her interview with Anderson Cooper (along with Misty) that she had gave Lyric and Elizabeth the lesson on what to do when someone tries to abduct you.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/17/family-members-of-missing-iowa-girls-talk-to-ac360/

He tells Jane Velez-Mitchell, "I was in Waterloo at my mom's house with my son. And I was taking a nap and my wife called and woke me up and told me Lyric was missing. This had just happened probably four days before that where she was supposed to go to, you know, a certain destination and then come back and after a while she hadn't come back. They went to that destination and she wasn't there. So things got stirred up. My wife called me then and told me the same thing. That she's missing. I told her to call the cops. And they went around to drive around some more and all of a sudden my daughter's calling me from my wife's phone and saying, Daddy. So four days after that I'm getting another call from my wife saying the same thing, you know. So I'm like what?"

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/07/17/iowa-girl-went-missing-days-earlier

BBM a certain destination - why so vague?
they - who?
Call the cops but drove around. So was LE actually notified?

BBM a certain destination - why so vague?
they - who?
Call the cops but drove around. So was LE actually notified?

Possibly because Dan is well used to answering questions with vague answers?

Or maybe he's been hanging around the cops too long...

Using a long word when a short one will do is definitely a LE trait.

D. MORRISSEY: I was in Waterloo at my mom`s house with my son. And I was taking a nap, and my wife called and woke me up and told me that Lyric was missing.

This had just happened probably four days before, that where she was supposed to go to, you know, a certain destination and then come back, and after a while she hadn`t come back. And they went to that destination and she wasn`t there. And so things got stirred up. My wife called me then and told me the same thing, that she`s missing. And I told her to call the cops.

And they went around to drive around some more, and all of a sudden my daughter`s calling me from my wife`s phone and saying, "Daddy." You know?

So four days after that I`m getting another call from my wife and saying the same thing, you know. So I`m like what? And so she was out looking for her and I guess, you know, the police got involved and...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I`m not -- I`m not sure I understand. Are you saying that there was an incident prior to the Friday incident?

D. MORRISSEY: Yes.

M. MORRISSEY: Yes. A week before this, Lyric and her other cousin, Tammy`s daughter, Kaylee (ph), who were in Green Briar, which is another division of Waterloo, and they went walking to the park. They were gone for an extended amount of time. We went looking for them at the park, and they weren`t there. So we called the police. They -- right when I called the police they came walking up to the house.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So I`m trying to process all this. And you know much more about it. Please don`t take anything I`m asking personally, but is it possible that the little -- one of the little girls may have wanted to run away or been overly curious about just going off? Getting to that age where they want to just maybe take off?

M. MORRISSEY: No.

D. MORRISSEY: Absolutely not.

M. MORRISSEY: No.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Is there any commonality? Is it just a coincidence that these two incidents happened a couple of days apart?

M. MORRISSEY: I think so, yes. The first incident, you know, a week prior, her and Kaylee (ph) were just playing at the park. You know, just playing, being kids. And it really wasn`t that far away. It wasn`t -- they were gone a little bit too long, but they weren`t that far away.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ijvm.01.html

BBM Apparently they were NOT playing at the park because Misty said she checked there? Confused?

I agree completely that the perp could be a woman. Much less likely to throw off alarms for the girls.

Tammy had stated in her interview with Anderson Cooper (along with Misty) that she had gave Lyric and Elizabeth the lesson on what to do when someone tries to abduct you.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/17/family-members-of-missing-iowa-girls-talk-to-ac360/

I didn't know they did Anderson Cooper AS WELL!!!!

:what:

ETA: damn, no transcript...that explains why I missed it. Unless you have a link to one? Tia.

The PKs were at Cedar Falls on Friday the 13th and Saturday the 14th of July. This might have brought more people into the general area. Perhaps this brought some people back to their old stomping grounds.

Here is the schedule

P K

UNI Dome, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa

Friday, July 13: 6:00 PM – 9:30 PM
Saturday, July 14: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday Lunch: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online