IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM Apparently they were NOT playing at the park because Misty said she checked there? Confused?

I have thought that all along. If the girls were where they were suppose to be they would have been at the park. And they weren't.

And please don't take this the wrong way. I am NOT saying this to be mean or anything.:please:

The common denominator between 2 girls in this family missing the week before at the Waterloo park and 2 girls missing during this abduction is Lyric.

There is just something hookey about it. It doesn't sit right with me. I just don't believe that that is a coincidence. SOMETHING is connected...somewhere. I don't know where, why, how, or who...but I just can't get past the feeling that these two instances are somehow connected.

As much as I agree that the girls deaths were not in relation to the drug use, I do think that since statistics dictate that family are the most likely perp, they MUST be cleared first. I think clearing the parents should be step 1. Verify alibis and then publicly announce them as the parents are cleared so people can focus on the real perp. Like they did in Jessica Ridgeway's case. I mean up until they announced the parents were cleared of involvement I really thought the mom was involved. But sometimes there are just random abductions.

Not that I think this was a random abduction, I do think the girls knew their killer.

Police stated that Jessica's parents were not considered suspects in the case. Same thing here:

"Investigators have been closely scrutinizing Dan and Misty Morrissey and have subjected both of them to multiple polygraph tests. At the same time, they say they are not considered suspects in the case and are looking into their backgrounds and associates only so as not to discount any possible leads."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...faces-possible-trial-amid-search-for-cousins/

I know there has been much speculation about some of the family members' insistence that the girls weren't in the lake and how that seemed suspicious. However, I think it actually adds to their credibility (I hope being pro-family isn't against TOS). I would think that the only way insisting it was an abduction would benefit them if they were responsible is if the girls were actually found in the lake - but they weren't. If they were found in the lake, THEN I would be suspicious of the insistence on abduction. In hindsight of course, draining the lake was really a hindrance to the investigation because it focused the attention in the wrong place despite the families pleas that they weren't in there. They wouldn't have been pointing out the fact that their shoes weren't there on the shore if they were trying to steer the investigation away from what really happened. A guilty party would welcome the additional time diverted in the wrong direction. Insisting abduction would mean they were more likely to knock on doors for witnesses. Why encourage that process if you were the one who would have been seen with the girls? I'm not a veteran here but even I am getting tired of all the sideline comments about what can't be said and the snarky judgment being passed onto these people when the TOS are so clear and LE hasn't arrested them or named them POI's. Besides, they are clearly not "organized" enough to pull anything off without a shred of evidence being left behind or someone seeing them and recognizing them. If the father would flip on a drug friend he would flip on the murderer(s) of his children if he knew. I don't want to leave a place that usually has so much good banter going on but the insinuations are getting annoying when they clearly violate TOS.

Sorry, rant over.

I have not figured out a how or why these girls were abducted and then murders so I try really hard to post my opinions on the evidence LE has confirmed. I don't have any suspects nor do I have my mind set on how/why this was done.

I consider any and all MSM articles and video, and study them - just like most everyone else here - even though they may not all be of LE press conferences, they are still to be considered. IMO

I'm here, I'm female, I was a single mother until the spawn flew the coop to live with the deadbeat.

When I first spoke to SierraShelby I thought "this is going to cause confusion" because I used SS for short.

Please accept my humblest apologies. :(

So sorry for leading anyone astray. My bad. :blushing:

Going back into my lurker corner now.

Police stated that Jessica's parents were not considered suspects in the case. Same thing here:

"Investigators have been closely scrutinizing Dan and Misty Morrissey and have subjected both of them to multiple polygraph tests. At the same time, they say they are not considered suspects in the case and are looking into their backgrounds and associates only so as not to discount any possible leads."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...faces-possible-trial-amid-search-for-cousins/

I understand what you're saying, it is horrific to victimise grieving parents.

Despite the quote above, we know that LE dragged Misty and Dan out of their hotel room in the middle of the night, and accused Dan of killing the girls.

This was way before their bodies were found.

We also know there were repeated polygraphs, presumably with inconsistent results.

We know there was an issue with Dan walking out of his polygraph.

Abben also said some members of the family "were not cooperating"...just before the FBI told him to stop speaking (imo).

<modsnip>
:cow:

Oh no!!! It was bound to happen.

I only wish I was the "right" SS so I could be answering you some questions.

Has anyone heard about the guy in Waterloo who was recently arrested for attacking women on a bike trail?

Welcome back! And you jumped right in with a good question. No, I have not heard about a guy arrested recently in Waterloo for attacking women on a bike trail. Let me take a look and see if I can find anything about him.

ETA: Well, what do you know, I found something already.

WATERLOO, Iowa --- An alert victim and fast police work led to the arrest of a Waterloo man accused of stabbing a female jogger at George Wyth State Park on Monday.

Investigators also linked the suspect, Blake Andrew Houser, 19, to a similar attack on another recreational trail last summer.

In both cases, authorities said the attacker rode a bike up behind women runners in broad daylight on wooded trails and jabbed a knife at them as he passed, and rode away.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ne...cle_02e7ca44-71fd-11e1-9864-001871e3ce6c.html

Here's the story on youtube:

UPDATED: Man Charged in Waterloo Park Stabbing - YouTube

I don't...sorry. I just bookmarked the interview for reference.

I tried to watch that long interview Drew and Heather gave recently, it was about 90 minutes long!!!!

So I gave up.

I used to be a transcriber myself back in the day for LE, and trust me, it is not the easiest job in the world, even if you have the proper equipment (dictaphone).

You have to get every little grunt, mumble, or burp transcribed, when it's for LE and the courts. And a lot of these crims grunt, mumble and burp constantly.

I understand what you're saying, it is horrific to victimise grieving parents.

Despite the quote above, we know that LE dragged Misty and Dan out of their hotel room in the middle of the night, and accused Dan of killing the girls.

This was way before their bodies were found.

We also know there were repeated polygraphs, presumably with inconsistent results.

We know there was an issue with Dan walking out of his polygraph.

Abben also said some members of the family "were not cooperating"...just before the FBI told him to stop speaking (imo).

<modsnip>

The parents were interviewed and it was probably just as unpleasant as any other police interview. That's the way it goes. After that process was completed, police released a statement: "Dan and Misty are not considered suspects in the case." It's that simple. They are not considered suspects.

I know there has been much speculation about some of the family members' insistence that the girls weren't in the lake and how that seemed suspicious. However, I think it actually adds to their credibility (I hope being pro-family isn't against TOS). I would think that the only way insisting it was an abduction would benefit them if they were responsible is if the girls were actually found in the lake - but they weren't. If they were found in the lake, THEN I would be suspicious of the insistence on abduction. In hindsight of course, draining the lake was really a hindrance to the investigation because it focused the attention in the wrong place despite the families pleas that they weren't in there. They wouldn't have been pointing out the fact that their shoes weren't there on the shore if they were trying to steer the investigation away from what really happened. A guilty party would welcome the additional time diverted in the wrong direction. Insisting abduction would mean they were more likely to knock on doors for witnesses. Why encourage that process if you were the one who would have been seen with the girls? I'm not a veteran here but even I am getting tired of all the sideline comments about what can't be said and the snarky judgment being passed onto these people when the TOS are so clear and LE hasn't arrested them or named them POI's. Besides, they are clearly not "organized" enough to pull anything off without a shred of evidence being left behind or someone seeing them and recognizing them. If the father would flip on a drug friend he would flip on the murderer(s) of his children if he knew. I don't want to leave a place that usually has so much good banter going on but the insinuations are getting annoying when they clearly violate TOS.

Sorry, rant over.

I understand your frustration. We all are frustrated with the lack of information we have. I just posted about it the other day.

But for ME PERSONALLY - I don't care WHO it is (family member, witness, neighbor,neighbor's pet fish, etc.) if they have given statements/interviews as to their account of the events and there are blatant discrepancies I feel it's worth looking at.

NOT because I am bashing the family. NOT because I think anyone is intentionally lying. NOT because I think they are directly involved.

But rather BECAUSE I think it gives many viable options of different scenarios. I don't care if the family is drug riddled, unstable, in debt up to their eyeballs, or millionaires. NONE of that matters to me.

I want to find out what happened. And different accounts of what happened, be it between two different stories or the same story told with a little different version gives me opportunities to look at different angles.

It's not my "right" to judge or call them a liar and bash them. It is my "right" (on the boards anyway:floorlaugh:) to look for varying circumstances that could send off a lightbulb moment and make me think "Wait!...What if X was wrong" or "What if X is confused".

And just assuming that all of us (because we discuss family members) are here to bash the family simply because of their background is offensive (to me anyway).

The mods do a very good job of letting us know when anyone has crossed the line and have no problems warning/issuing time outs.:jail:

This family deserves justice for these girls. And I think all of us here are trying our best to bring the perp/perps to justice.

I don't see any reason that the girls had to know the person that lured them to the park. All it would take is for someone to ask the girls if they were heading down to the big children's party at the SE tip of the lake.

True, but you still have to account for why no crime scene, no scene of a
fight, no evidence of disorder ... two healthy girls who didnt put up a fight
or one get away, etc ... this is my very strong bias.

no harm no foul, hope you don't stay in lurkmode for too long. would rather see you posting your thoughts. :twocents:

I understand your frustration. We all are frustrated with the lack of information we have. I just posted about it the other day.

But for ME PERSONALLY - I don't care WHO it is (family member, witness, neighbor,neighbor's pet fish, etc.) if they have given statements/interviews as to their account of the events and there are blatant discrepancies I feel it's worth looking at.

NOT because I am bashing the family. NOT because I think anyone is intentionally lying. NOT because I think they are directly involved.

But rather BECAUSE I think it gives many viable options of different scenarios. I don't care if the family is drug riddled, unstable, in debt up to their eyeballs, or millionaires. NONE of that matters to me.

I want to find out what happened. And different accounts of what happened, be it between two different stories or the same story told with a little different version gives me opportunities to look at different angles.

It's not my "right" to judge or call them a liar and bash them. It is my "right" (on the boards anyway:floorlaugh:) to look for varying circumstances that could send off a lightbulb moment and make me think "Wait!...What if X was wrong" or "What if X is confused".

And just assuming that all of us (because we discuss family members) are here to bash the family simply because of their background is offensive (to me anyway).

The mods do a very good job of letting us know when anyone has crossed the line and have no problems warning/issuing time outs.:jail:

This family deserves justice for these girls. And I think all of us here are trying our best to bring the perp/perps to justice.

I think it's extremely common that the stress of having two children abducted in broad daylight on a summer afternoon is enough to cause memory problems and confusion for everyone. I would consider it normal to be unable to think straight after such a traumatic experience.

Sales reps eat lunch on secluded, overgrown roads that have been closed off for 20 years?

Yes. And sometimes, they do other things in such secluded areas too.

Have you never watched "Cheaters"?

There are many reasons for someone who is supposed to be working, to take their lunch break in a secluded area on a summers day.

Here's a follow up to the bike trail attacker:

WATERLOO, Iowa --- A Waterloo man has been sentenced to 14 years in prison for slashing two women with a knife on area recreational trails.

Blake Andrew Houser, 20, said he was sorry and didn't mean for the assaults to happen. He assaulted the women as he rode his bike past random female joggers in July 2011 and March 2012.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/re...cle_69206da2-14c2-55be-b77a-43b1381417ab.html

Please note: If you are reading this post out of sequence, this has nothing to do with Lyric and Lizzie. This is a follow up to an earlier post from cindersoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abi