IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When police said that Jessica Ridgeway's parents were not considered suspects, that statement was accepted and respected. When police said that Lyric Cook's parents were not considered suspects, the statement is viewed as nonsense. Why is that?

"Authorities said previously that Jessica’s parents — Jeremiah Bryant, who lives in Missouri, and Sarah Ridgeway, of Westminster — are not considered suspects."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cops-find-body-search-jessica-ridgeway-article-1.1180605

Investigators have been closely scrutinizing Dan and Misty Morrissey and have subjected both of them to multiple polygraph tests. At the same time, they say they are not considered suspects in the case and are looking into their backgrounds and associates only so as not to discount any possible leads.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_1b99fc98-d296-11e1-b0a4-0019bb2963f4.html

I think it's extremely common that the stress of having two children abducted in broad daylight on a summer afternoon is enough to cause memory problems and confusion for everyone. I would consider it normal to be unable to think straight after such a traumatic experience.

Exactly...and taking each person's story and bumping them up to what matches and what doesn't tells us where confusion may be. I only hope that it opens up alternative ideas of what could have happened. Or what a time discrepancy could mean...that is all.

True, but you still have to account for why no crime scene, no scene of a
fight, no evidence of disorder ... two healthy girls who didnt put up a fight
or one get away, etc ... this is my very strong bias.

There are two crimes scenes. One is at the SE tip of Meyers Lake and the other is at 7 Bridges County Park.

I think it's extremely common that the stress of having two children abducted in broad daylight on a summer afternoon is enough to cause memory problems and confusion for everyone. I would consider it normal to be unable to think straight after such a traumatic experience.

Really?

I would think the last time I spoke to or saw a murdered child would be engraved on my brain in detail.

I posted a couple of pages back that everyone in Iowa will remember exactly what they were doing when they first heard the news, which was about 5pm the same day.

No time for confusion or blurry memories.

For the folks in Iowa, it would have been like the day Kennedy was shot. Every detail of what they were doing that day, would be imbedded in their memories, for ever. Many, many folks in Evansdale would have scoured their day and their diaries, to see if they could remember anything relevant to help find them.

In the early days the girls were only "missing", possibly drowned, also LE stated repeatedly they felt they were still alive so it wasn't without hope, therefore the "trauma" would be somewhat lessened.

:cow:

Yes. And sometimes, they do other things in such secluded areas too.

Have you never watched "Cheaters"?

There are many reasons for someone who is supposed to be working, to take their lunch break in a secluded area on a summers day.

We know that whomever abducted the children was not taking a lunch break during work. Clearly the perp was not expected to work that afternoon.

Welcome back! And you jumped right in with a good question. No, I have not heard about a guy arrested recently in Waterloo for attacking women on a bike trail. Let me take a look and see if I can find anything about him.

ETA: Well, what do you know, I found something already.

WATERLOO, Iowa --- An alert victim and fast police work led to the arrest of a Waterloo man accused of stabbing a female jogger at George Wyth State Park on Monday.

Investigators also linked the suspect, Blake Andrew Houser, 19, to a similar attack on another recreational trail last summer.

In both cases, authorities said the attacker rode a bike up behind women runners in broad daylight on wooded trails and jabbed a knife at them as he passed, and rode away.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ne...cle_02e7ca44-71fd-11e1-9864-001871e3ce6c.html

Here's the story on youtube:

UPDATED: Man Charged in Waterloo Park Stabbing - YouTube

Yes this is it sorry. Do you think it's related to the girls?

We know that whomever abducted the children was not taking a lunch break during work. Clearly the perp was not expected to work that afternoon.

We do? :what:

I don't see why they couldn't have taken them (it's not my theory but it still works) if they had a white work van, stick em in the back, carry on with your day...perhaps drop them off to your garage, then drive on.

If they were tied up and gagged, it's quite possible he could've just left them in the back/trunk and kept going about his business...like that girl who was abducted from Mexco (?) a while back and no one knew until LE stopped the vehicle for a routine reason, got hinky, opened the trunk, and there she was.

Exactly...and taking each person's story and bumping them up to what matches and what doesn't tells us where confusion may be. I only hope that it opens up alternative ideas of what could have happened. Or what a time discrepancy could mean...that is all.

I don't have missing children, and I've mistakenly written West when I meant East. It happens ... and it probably happens a lot more when there are missing children.

Really?

I would think the last time I spoke to or saw a murdered child would be engraved on my brain in detail.

I posted a couple of pages back that everyone in Iowa will remember exactly what they were doing when they first heard the news, which was about 5pm the same day.

No time for confusion or blurry memories.

For the folks in Iowa, it would have been like the day Kennedy was shot. Every detail of what they were doing that day, would be imbedded in their memories, for ever. Many, many folks in Evansdale would have scoured their day and their diaries, to see if they could remember anything relevant to help find them.

In the early days the girls were only "missing", possibly drowned, also LE stated repeatedly they felt they were still alive so it wasn't without hope, therefore the "trauma" would be somewhat lessened.

BBM

Which relevant adults cannot remember the last time they saw their own children?

Not to get into a word war, but i thought LE said they had cleared Jessica's parents, which to me is different from saying "not considered suspects" JMO

If only we knew of a few people who didn't have to work on that particular day or don't work at all..... <modsnip>

:banghead:

He was already in jail when the girls were kidnapped.

There was just a story about him on the KWWL news couple of minutes ago. He was just sentenced to 14 years in prison. Funny how we were just talking about him!

BBM

Which relevant adults cannot remember the last time they saw their own children?

Wylma, for one. At first she said 11:30, then changed it to 12:15 once the surveillance video came out.

(Not meant to implicate Wylma. Just answering the question.)

Wylma, for one. At first she said 11:30, then changed it to 12:15 once the surveillance video came out.

I don't have a problem with that. When she last saw the children before they went for a bike ride, it was about 11:30. When she last saw the children riding bikes, they were heading towards the parking lot at the old post office at about 12:15. They are both true.

Yes. And sometimes, they do other things in such secluded areas too.

Have you never watched "Cheaters"?

There are many reasons for someone who is supposed to be working, to take their lunch break in a secluded area on a summers day.

without going into any details WHATSOEVER, I can attest to the fact that people who are cheating find out of the way places to meet their lovers on lunch break.

other reasons someone might seek an out of the way, low visibility place to spend their lunch hour, to smoke marijuana or use other drugs, to drink, to nap, to be alone, to have a good cry, etc.

I don't have a problem with that. When she last saw the children before they went for a bike ride, it was about 11:30. When she last saw the children riding bikes, they were heading towards the parking lot at the old post office at about 12:15. They are both true.

I think her point could be that Wylma's time didn't change to 12:15 until the video was released. :waitasec:

Either way, we know they were alive at the split second of the video.

Police stated that Jessica's parents were not considered suspects in the case. Same thing here:

"Investigators have been closely scrutinizing Dan and Misty Morrissey and have subjected both of them to multiple polygraph tests. At the same time, they say they are not considered suspects in the case and are looking into their backgrounds and associates only so as not to discount any possible leads."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...faces-possible-trial-amid-search-for-cousins/

I probably haven't been clear. I do not think Dan and Misty had anything to do with the girls disappearance at all. But LE stating they are not suspects, is not the same as clearing them, that was my only point. If they would state that they have been cleared of involvement, then it wouldn't still be in the realm of possibilities.

In Jessica's case, they specivically came out and said they had cleared the parents. Not just that they weren't suspects.

We know there are NO suspects in this case, there are no Persons Of Interest, either. I just wish that they could CLEAR people, especially the parents, then there would be a lot less speculation on them in general, and on this board.

Um, I do.

Especially when she said she was annoyed enough to go looking for them at 12.30.

Why not just call them in at 12.15?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member