IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen any large rewards working at all. I think Chandra's reward was $10,000. Whenever I see a large reward, I always suspect somebody close to the case. I haven't seen one ever paid out. My cynical self says the family gets the money eventually if it was put up by donations.

They Ayla Reynolds reward expired and the funds were returned to those who had contributed them.

Me too! I love otto's maps! If you tell me to go west I could very easily go whichever way under the sun and think I'm right on track. Left and right are the only directions I can follow.

Directionally challenged is what my husband calls it.:floorlaugh:

He jokes that "if I ever wanted to get rid of you I could take ya out in the backyard blindfolded, turn you around 5 times (in the dark) and you'd never find your way to the house unless a light was on.":floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Wait...is that his PLAN?! :what: :floorlaugh:

I can't even figure out right and left half the time. I have a friend who uses "up turn signal" and "down turn signal". I follow his instruction and the arrow flashes to show me which way to go.

My husband said I could not only get lost crossing the street, but am so emotional that I'd sit on the yellow line and cry about it.

I had to ask for directions to the powder room at my sister's house for the first 6 years they owned the house. Every time.

When did the $50,000. reward go from having the potential to become $150,000. to seemingly now being an out-and-out offer of $150,000.??

Search as I may, I have failed to come up w/the answer to my question.

Who was the person or persons that donated an additional $50,000. to the original $50,000. thus bringing the current reward to $150,000.? Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks.

KWWL – posted Nov. 30, 2012
Concerned citizen offers up to $ 100,000 reward in missing girls case
Significant new money is being pledged to the reward fund for missing Evansdale girls Elizabeth Collins and Lyric cook. The two cousins have been missing 140 days, as of Friday, November 30.

Friday afternoon, a concerned Cedar Valley resident notified KWWL that they will match the reward fund for Elizabeth and Lyric, up to $100,000, for critical information leading to the whereabouts of the girls, their safe return and the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the kidnappings.
The person wants to remain anonymous, but told KWWL they want the girls' families to know of their love and concern for them and the safe return of Lyric and Elizabeth. <snipped>
This money is in addition to $50,000 announced earlier, making the possible reward worth up to $ 150,000 <snipped>

Wouldn't that potentially raise the reward to $200,00? If the parents have collected $50K, the matching donor would add $50K. If the family raises $75K, THEN the reward is $150K. But the anonymous benefactor is offering to match up to $100K, for a potential $200K. Of course, it could go higher if the family raises even more, but anything they pull together OVER the first $100K will not be matched.

Church and school - two more populations of adults who knew and
interacted with the girls - adults the girls might have felt safe with ...

I wish I had total recall, because when the church was starting up, there was something that was in the local newspaper or it was on television, can't remember which. The Pastor or whoever it was they were interviewing said about the people that go there, how they will not judge you. They said something like people have made confessions to this congregation the worst you can imagine, and let me assure you they have not been turned in. I thought that was odd. they have not been turned in? Everything else sounded normal but I thought that one statement was not something you wouldn't normally hear. hmmm?

Then, when the girls were discovered murdered it was constantly stressed over and over about forgiveness for the perpetrator, and how they wish the person that did this would come in tonight and confess to the public, and turn themselves in. Again, I was thinking I can see them expecting a member of their church to do this, but a stranger?[/quote]

Good post - thanks. Well you know, been there doen that, what goes
around comes around, apple doesnt fall far from the tree, and a million other abstractions!

All it takes is the wrong person taking notice of the girls, admiration from afar (shall we say ... some other abstraction). Something accounts for such an evidence-free abduction of the girls, maybe just dumb luck, or maybe an actual connection of some kind ... the kind that wouldnt throw the girls into an instant panic and fighting-running ... or the abductor had the luck of circumstance (of the smurai) ? The people the girls knew at school another venue. I know its wide-ranging and abstract and non specific. But you have to start somewhere!
:banghead:

I don't think the lake looks bad, the only thing I notice is the water just kinda sits and doesn't move. The lake is small, and more like a huge pond in my opinion.

What feeds this lake? Anything? Spring. Creek? Runoff?

Can someone please put a circle or an arrow or something to indicate the location of the tank? I don't see it.

see attached - tank circled in red on the lower inset picture. The Tank is just below the white paddle boat ... who would put a tank out in the middle of the water? Why is there a tank there at all? Oh well ... kind of funny.

Attachments

• Noname1 ii.jpg
    Noname1 ii.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 49
see attached - tank circled in red on the lower inset picture. The Tank is just below the white paddle boat ... who would put a tank out in the middle of the water? Why is there a tank there at all? Oh well ... kind of funny.

Residents of this working-class suburb of Waterloo, Iowa, normally picnic at Meyers Lake in the shade of a wooden pavilion next to an old Army tank, or stroll the paved nature trail that circles the lake.

http://www.startribune.com/nation/163305976.html?refer=y

BBM

I don't believe the tank is in the water. A couple of locals have told us that kids can climb and play on the old tank.

I have a built in compass. Take me out to the woods blindfolded and spin me around and I know which way I am facing. I know, I suck. Don't hate me.

I hate you lol.

I was driving home to my southern suburb from visiting at Abbott-Northwestern Hospital. I was looking for Cedar Ave.

I had to call my hubby, who had to begin by asking me if the sun was shining on the left-hand side of my car? Or on the right-hand side of my car?

:iamashamed:

I believe the tank is up the trail...on the other side of where Elmer comes in....just off the trail and near the NW area of the lake. But we need a local to confirm. The object below the paddle boat looks like a sunken paddleboat to me .???? Maybe it's just the reflecton or perhaps a piece of sunken dock.

http://binged.it/13nrTnp

I hate you lol.

I was driving home to my southern suburb from visiting at Abbott-Northwestern Hospital. I was looking for Cedar Ave.

I had to call my hubby, who had to begin by asking me if the sun was shining on the left-hand side of my car? Or on the right-hand side of my car?

When I lived in Dallas, I was always confused by Northwest Highway - there was E. Northwest Highway and W. Northwest Highway. Not ideal for a directions-challenged person.

I usually tried to take a different route.

carwestofparkinglotmeyerslake.jpg

this is the tank

I believe the tank is up the trail...on the other side of where Elmer comes in....just off the trail and near the NW area of the lake. But we need a local to confirm. The object below the paddle boat looks like a sunken paddleboat to me .???? Maybe it's just the reflecton or perhaps a piece of sunken dock.

http://binged.it/13nrTnp

Locals have talked about the tank in previous threads. It's just south of the swings/other playground equipment at the Kiwanis Exchange Park, beside the trail, and just west of the parking lot at Elmer Avenue.

I hate you lol.

North on Chicago, East on 25th and South on Cedar. Piece of cake. :) You could try to remember a couple tricks that in Minneapolis, avenues run north and south and streets run west and east. The numbered roads get larger heading out of downtown so 30th street is farther south than 28th street. The named roads on the west side of town are alphabetical advancing in the alphabet towards the west, so if you are traveling on a street and the names are advancing, like Aldrich and Bryant and Colfax, etc... you are going west. So, the intersection of 50th and France would be 50 blocks south of downtown and west of 35W. See, its not that hard. ;)

When I lived in Dallas, I was always confused by Northwest Highway - there was E. Northwest Highway and W. Northwest Highway. Not ideal for a directions-challenged person.

I usually tried to take a different route.

We have 35W and 35E (both of them run north and south).

This will have to be my last post on directions because I have no clue how we got on this topic and why we are talking about them.

North on Chicago, East on 25th and South on Cedar. Piece of cake. :) You could try to remember a couple tricks that in Minneapolis, avenues run north and south and streets run west and east. The numbered roads get larger heading out of downtown so 30th street is farther south than 28th street. The named roads on the west side of town are alphabetical advancing in the alphabet towards the west, so if you are traveling on a street and the names are advancing, like Aldrich and Bryant and Colfax, etc... you are going west. So, the intersection of 50th and France would be 50 blocks south of downtown and west of 35W. See, its not that hard. ;)

:pullhair:
Having lived in the TCs for 10 years, I never did figure out how to keep the Ave vs. St thing straight in Mpls, but I did appreciate the alphabetical street names. Mostly I stayed out in Washington County when I wasn't at the office in Mpls.

Sitting here thinking how this thread and case has stalled. I hope LE have a very good suspect in mind and are working to piece it all together for a solid conviction. Lord, don't let this case go without a resolution.

I still hate you.

:great::floorlaugh::seeya:

Somebody help, I'm tech challenged tonight on my Kindle. Back a few pages in this thread, there was talk of a sex offender who lived on River Forest road until shortly after the girls disappeared. What was his name?? Because in the arrest log tonight in the Courier (paper not web), there was an arrest of H. Dogic for assaulting Brent F ..... I can't seem to search the sex offender registry on this. Cant get past the captcha thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
combfish-mclisa