IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assumed that the recipient wouldn't be announced. It would be done discreetly and quietly. What my question was, is how often in a case like this, is that actually done? I ask because in every case that I've followed that has had a huge reward people repeatedly say that the huge reward will loosen lips, yet I havent seen that to be the case. But it isn't like I follow every single case, I was inquiring about cases where it did indeed happen.

I haven't seen any large rewards working at all. I think Chandra's reward was $10,000. Whenever I see a large reward, I always suspect somebody close to the case. I haven't seen one ever paid out. My cynical self says the family gets the money eventually if it was put up by donations.

I haven't seen any large rewards working at all. I think Chandra's reward was $10,000. Whenever I see a large reward, I always suspect somebody close to the case. I haven't seen one ever paid out. My cynical self says the family gets the money eventually if it was put up by donations.

The reward in Samantha Runnion's case was around 250k and it was split between her friend who witnessed the abduction, and the ex-girlfriend of her killer, who reported her suspicion to LE.

I'm with you when it comes to directions. I very seldom get lost, but if someone asks me how to get to somewhere, I use landmarks rather than directions.

I had some friends coming in from out of town a couple of years ago, and they needed to know how to find the street that would lead them to my neighborhood. I told them that when they saw the Giant Eagle, they should go about another mile and turn left. It didn't occur to me that they had no idea Giant Eagle was a grocery store. They drove about half an hour out of their way, looking for a "giant" eagle statue or painting or anything with an eagle on it.

They haven't visited me since.:what:

:great: :seeya::floorlaugh:

You always make me laugh! I truly enjoy your posts :rocker:

I would encourage anyone not familiar with Joseph Duncan to read this short synopsis of the case :
It is so easy to look at the family.
That is what I did in this case. I was absolutely convinced it was the father or one of his friends, because of his background.
No one ever could have dreamed this monster exisisted!

When you read how this man operates you will see how hard a job LE has.
God forbid it's another Duncan.

On May 16, 2005, Kootenai County, Idaho authorities discovered the bodies of Brenda Groene, 40; her boyfriend, Mark McKenzie, 37; and her son, Slade Groene, 13, in their home along Lake Coeur d'Alene, outside the city of Coeur d'Alene. Two of Brenda Groene's other children, Dylan, 9, and Shasta, 8, were missing. An AMBER Alert was issued and searchers combed the area for the missing children while authorities investigated the deaths at the home as homicides. Autopsies determined the cause of death to be "blunt trauma to the head"; authorities also noted that the victims had been bound.

http://murderpedia.org/male.D/d/duncan-joseph-edward.htm

It sure makes a person wonder, how the hell somebody like this was ever released out of prison to even be out walking amongst us, for the opportunity to commit crime after crime after crime.
Yet we continue to see this happen...so sad.

Church and school - two more populations of adults who knew and
interacted with the girls - adults the girls might have felt safe with
...[/quote]

I wish I had total recall, because when the church was starting up, there was something that was in the local newspaper or it was on television, can't remember which. The Pastor or whoever it was they were interviewing said about the people that go there, how they will not judge you. They said something like people have made confessions to this congregation the worst you can imagine, and let me assure you they have not been turned in. I thought that was odd. they have not been turned in? Everything else sounded normal but I thought that one statement was not something you wouldn't normally hear. hmmm?

Then, when the girls were discovered murdered it was constantly stressed over and over about forgiveness for the perpetrator, and how they wish the person that did this would come in tonight and confess to the public, and turn themselves in. Again, I was thinking I can see them expecting a member of their church to do this, but a stranger?

They definitely put things into perspective. I am directionally-challenged. I stay out of the convo when people talk east and west. Pictures, however, I can understand. So, they are greatly appreciated. My idea of directions is turn left at the McDonalds and make a right at the Walmart. Please don't tell me to go east or west!

Me too! I love otto's maps! If you tell me to go west I could very easily go whichever way under the sun and think I'm right on track. Left and right are the only directions I can follow.

Directionally challenged is what my husband calls it.:floorlaugh:

He jokes that "if I ever wanted to get rid of you I could take ya out in the backyard blindfolded, turn you around 5 times (in the dark) and you'd never find your way to the house unless a light was on.":floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Wait...is that his PLAN?! :what: :floorlaugh:

Does anyone know how far the restrooms were from where the bikes were found? Did the girls drop the bikes and head for the restroom for water and get attacked there?

Good question! I can't answer, have no idea where the restrooms are. :waitasec:

Good question! I can't answer, have no idea where the restrooms are. :waitasec:

I know we discussed this at one time, a local told us where the bathrooms are in relation to where the bikes were found.

When I get a chance, I'll see if I can find that post.

Thank you for your thoughts :) And yes this was my first thought as well, but didn't want to rule it out completely and I'm just hoping that the 18 or older victim part didn't cause you to not look into the rest, I guess?? There are many sex offenders who offend against adults and children. Some obviously seem to prefer children while others only prefer adult victims... but, some prefer female victims in general. And IMHO, sex offenders with families/children pose just as much threat as the others. I don't want to turn this into a debate on the subject, just saying many offenders do have children... plenty of victims are just that... their children. Sex offenders are obviously everywhere & actually it's the ones who we don't know about (haven't got caught) that worry me the most, especially if they have children as you would normally want to trust someone with children more than an odd recluse. .. [ohhh sorry for rambling on:) ]

The MEGAN'S LAW website says this about the topic:

"Child sexual abusers are only attracted to children and are not capable of appropriate sexual relationships.*False.*While there is a small subset of child sexual abusers who are exclusively attracted to children, the majority of the individuals who sexually abuse children are (or have previously been) attracted to adults." - http://meganslaw.ca.gov/facts.htm

One example of a RSO: - http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1202998
This SO is on the registry for kidnapping/assulting a woman in 2000... and then he lures the two little girls into the laundry area of their apartments to molest them! Made me just cringe!

Just wanting to throw out there that maybe ruling out certain offenders in and around the area based on the 18+ part isn't such a good idea.

Thanks for the feedback

It was just my gut feeling that this isn't our guy. He could be our guy just as much as anyone else could be our guy. It wasn't just the 18+ victim that made me think this way. It was also that he only has one conviction and it was 13 years ago. I have no idea who did this and have gotten to the point where I suspect everyone and suspect no one. I don't even have opinions or theories anymore. If you feel real strongly that there is something fishy about this guy, you should call it in (maybe you already did; I don't remember) and not let my comments sway you. It can't hurt anything.

Does anyone know how far the restrooms were from where the bikes were found? Did the girls drop the bikes and head for the restroom for water and get attacked there?

The restrooms are at the front of the lake at the parking lot, the bikes were across the lake.

Me too! I love otto's maps! If you tell me to go west I could very easily go whichever way under the sun and think I'm right on track. Left and right are the only directions I can follow.

He jokes that "if I ever wanted to get rid of you I could take ya out in the backyard blindfolded, turn you around 5 times (in the dark) and you'd never find your way to the house unless a light was on.":floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

My car has a digital compass above the rear view mirror....yet I forget it's there!!! I can read a map ok with no problems, and am a visual person...(TY Otto for all the maps and pics) but if getting directions verbally, I want to know left or right too. When I first moved here people said just remember the mountains are east. I'm fine until getting off a circular exit ramp :waitasec:...then I need to get my bearings again. I'm in a city and they have frontage roads which run parallel with the freeway...which really screws me up. I guess they are to absorb traffic and lessen the congestion for the exits, but if told a direction including them I immediately panic. There are two major hwys one north and south.. and east and west and where they connect have frontage roads all over the place since it's right near downtown.....along with other lanes to individual streets...after you exit the freeway! It's a nightmare for me. And there is also a river that runs thru the center of the city!!:banghead: All the metros I have lived in before had a bypass that went around the city, so this is a whole new ballgame for me....but I'll get it one of these days. We do have pretty pink/salmon overpasses tho! LOL

I'm with you when it comes to directions. I very seldom get lost, but if someone asks me how to get to somewhere, I use landmarks rather than directions.

I had some friends coming in from out of town a couple of years ago, and they needed to know how to find the street that would lead them to my neighborhood. I told them that when they saw the Giant Eagle, they should go about another mile and turn left. It didn't occur to me that they had no idea Giant Eagle was a grocery store. They drove about half an hour out of their way, looking for a "giant" eagle statue or painting or anything with an eagle on it.

They haven't visited me since.:what:

O M G! I know where the Giant Eagle is!! LOL! My sisters and I took all our daughters on a road trip last summer in a rented RV. Picture it -- 7 girls in the biggest possible RV you can rent, driving around alone visiting 10 different national parks. We were a mess. Haha. One night we were in Colorado, trying to find our campground outside Mesa Verde National Park in the complete darkness and we got lost. Again. So we turned into some roach motel to turn around, and my sister pulled to the back of the lot to see if she could circle without having to back up. Of course, we couldn't go all the way around and got stuck back there. So while conducting her 58-point turn, we pulled into a parking space and right there in front of the windshield was a GIANT EAGLE statue. It had a huge wingspan and an angry look on its face. It looked like the freaking mothman creature about to pounce on the window of our RV. Well, we, of course, we all screamed and then started laughing uncontrollably. I think my stomach muscles still hurt from that one. It took us about half an hour to get out of there because we were giggling so much we were crying and couldn't drive. Anyway, I found your Giant Eagle. LOL!

I have a built in compass. Take me out to the woods blindfolded and spin me around and I know which way I am facing. I know, I suck. Don't hate me.

I noticed that yesterday, too. I thought I saw one at one of the other docks, as well.

And one of the docks has a couple of rowboats, I think.

So... if you row the boats with a paddle, does that make them paddleboats?

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

I have been lurking but not posting much and so hoped there'd be something - anything - new by now. :(

So... if you row the boats with a paddle, does that make them paddleboats?

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

I have been lurking but not posting much and so hoped there'd be something - anything - new by now. :(

:D

I thought maybe it was when you spanked them. Kinky, but you know what they say.....

.....whatever floats your boat....

:D

I thought maybe it was when you spanked them. Kinky, but you know what they say.....

.....whatever floats your boat....

You are so bad. I bet I know what other case you have been following lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela