IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there an old tank at Meyers Lake that kids can climb on? I believe ollipop talked about it.

Well, I meant a storage tank, like for propane or something, but yes, now that you mention it, I do remember reading about an old military tank there.

Wilbur is a name that goes well with Wylma. And no, I don't have a link to that.:great:

Things are so frustrating in this case, so it's enjoyable to laugh together once in a while.

I agree. It's strange, but every day I wake up thinking...please let this be the day an arrest is made. If WE feel that way, I can only imagine the emotional turmoil being experienced by that whole town.

I'm really curious about the vehicle parked in the trees near the parking lot. That's a very well hidden vehicle.

Sorry I haven't read this entire thread yet. Which vehicle? Tia!

My cold and I are heading off to bed...maybe tomorrow will be the day we get good news.

:offtobed:

There were searches conducted by volunteers for the first weekend and they covered 12 square miles. I am hugely impressed with those volunteers, it was hot as all get out and searching through crop fields is gruelling.

Sandusky had more smarts than this perp. Or else what scratched Sandusky's itch was way different from what this perp wanted. While the word pedophile is thrown around in ways that are not quite accurate, in Sandusky's case, I think he truly was a pedophile. I doubt that even now he realises that what he did was damaging to his victims; in his worldview, what he did was motivated out of twisted love and he can rationalise it by all the good stuff he gave them.

It's possible that in this case, the perp or perps aren't really pedophiles but were just looking for two accessible victims. And that is where I'd start looking. Not just at crimes with child victims but also at crimes involving adults with physical disabilities or people frail with age.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if there is a connection to elderly women who have been raped and/or beaten for no discernible reason. Particularly the latter.

excellent post - congrats.
:rocker:

excellent post - congrats.
:rocker:

I second that-great post! I've always thought this is a predator that had fantasized many time before, he just never had the right opportunity, then on July 13 everything fell into place. He has fantasized so many times before that he knew exactly what to and where he would go. Pure Psycopath.

I know that the computers were collected because I remember reading about it and discussing it a few months ago. I know this because I am confident that police know what they are doing and that they would collect all the computers that may contain information relevant to the investigation. If I first wondered whether the children were lured by an online predator, I know that police also considered this possibility.

I also know that police would not round up all the computers that belonged to all the friends that Lyric visited because it seems obvious that if Lyric was engaged in an online discussion with anyone, there would be evidence of this on computers that she regularly used.

agree 100% plus thats my personal experience. Plus any warrant needed in such matters can be obtained in mere minutes - no Judge in his right
capacity would EVER refuse such a request in a matter like this!

Just my personal opinion ...

:twocents:

What about church? Did the children have access to computers at church? .[/quote]

Schools they attended and personal there have already been mentioned.

Church and school - two more populations of adults who knew and
interacted with the girls - adults the girls might have felt safe with ...

I'm with you when it comes to directions. I very seldom get lost, but if someone asks me how to get to somewhere, I use landmarks rather than directions.

I had some friends coming in from out of town a couple of years ago, and they needed to know how to find the street that would lead them to my neighborhood. I told them that when they saw the Giant Eagle, they should go about another mile and turn left. It didn't occur to me that they had no idea Giant Eagle was a grocery store. They drove about half an hour out of their way, looking for a "giant" eagle statue or painting or anything with an eagle on it.

They haven't visited me since.:what:

:floorlaugh:

Speaking of paddleboats

paddleboats.jpg

For those of us not familiar with the area, may I ask a silly question....is that a street where that paddleboat is sitting or is it water? It looks like water which would fit with the paddleboat but wouldn't fit with a military tank sitting in water? :waitasec:

Some days, some things just don't always click right...:what: :blushing:

I second that-great post! I've always thought this is a predator that had fantasized many time before, he just never had the right opportunity, then on July 13 everything fell into place. He has fantasized so many times before that he knew exactly what to and where he would go. Pure Psycopath.

For me its like a missing link - some special contact/relationship thats just
off the radar but existed - someone they knew or who perhaps knew them
better - or else this was a near-spontaneous opportunity abduction by
someone who does that kind of thing ...

Someone is the missing puzzle piece -

..to agree. I don't want to rule out anyone, but this particular guy had one offense and it was 13 years ago. Plus, as you pointed out, it was an adult victim. It looks like he has a family with young children now and although that alone doesn't mean that he is an upstanding citizen, it might indicate that no one of authority is concerned with him being around children. It never hurts to call attention to him and have him checked out, but I personally don't think this is our guy either.

Thank you for your thoughts :) And yes this was my first thought as well, but didn't want to rule it out completely and I'm just hoping that the 18 or older victim part didn't cause you to not look into the rest, I guess?? There are many sex offenders who offend against adults and children. Some obviously seem to prefer children while others only prefer adult victims... but, some prefer female victims in general. And IMHO, sex offenders with families/children pose just as much threat as the others. I don't want to turn this into a debate on the subject, just saying many offenders do have children... plenty of victims are just that... their children. Sex offenders are obviously everywhere & actually it's the ones who we don't know about (haven't got caught) that worry me the most, especially if they have children as you would normally want to trust someone with children more than an odd recluse. .. [ohhh sorry for rambling on:) ]

The MEGAN'S LAW website says this about the topic:

"Child sexual abusers are only attracted to children and are not capable of appropriate sexual relationships.*False.*While there is a small subset of child sexual abusers who are exclusively attracted to children, the majority of the individuals who sexually abuse children are (or have previously been) attracted to adults." - http://meganslaw.ca.gov/facts.htm

One example of a RSO: - http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1202998
This SO is on the registry for kidnapping/assulting a woman in 2000... and then he lures the two little girls into the laundry area of their apartments to molest them! Made me just cringe!

Just wanting to throw out there that maybe ruling out certain offenders in and around the area based on the 18+ part isn't such a good idea.

Thanks for the feedback

For those of us not familiar with the area, may I ask a silly question....is that a street where that paddleboat is sitting or is it water? It looks like water which would fit with the paddleboat but wouldn't fit with a military tank sitting in water? :waitasec:

Some days, some things just don't always click right...:what: :blushing:
another version -

Attachments

• Noname1.jpg
    Noname1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 33
Does anyone know how far the restrooms were from where the bikes were found? Did the girls drop the bikes and head for the restroom for water and get attacked there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuth12345