IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a built in compass. Take me out to the woods blindfolded and spin me around and I know which way I am facing. I know, I suck. Don't hate me.

Take me anywhere and spin me around, and I'd know exactly which way I was facing too... down!

When did the $50,000. reward go from having the potential to become $150,000. to seemingly now being an out-and-out offer of $150,000.??

Search as I may, I have failed to come up w/the answer to my question.

Who was the person or persons that donated an additional $50,000. to the original $50,000. thus bringing the current reward to $150,000.? Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks.

KWWL – posted Nov. 30, 2012
Concerned citizen offers up to $ 100,000 reward in missing girls case
Significant new money is being pledged to the reward fund for missing Evansdale girls Elizabeth Collins and Lyric cook. The two cousins have been missing 140 days, as of Friday, November 30.

Friday afternoon, a concerned Cedar Valley resident notified KWWL that they will match the reward fund for Elizabeth and Lyric, up to $100,000, for critical information leading to the whereabouts of the girls, their safe return and the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the kidnappings.
The person wants to remain anonymous, but told KWWL they want the girls' families to know of their love and concern for them and the safe return of Lyric and Elizabeth. <snipped>
This money is in addition to $50,000 announced earlier, making the possible reward worth up to $ 150,000 <snipped>

When did the $50,000. reward go from having the potential to become $150,000. to seemingly now being an out-and-out offer of $150,000.??

Who was the person or persons that donated an additional $50,000. to the original $50,000. thus bringing the current reward to $150,000.? Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Significant new money is being pledged to the reward fund for missing Evansdale girls Elizabeth Collins and Lyric cook. The two cousins have been missing 140 days, as of Friday, November 30.

Friday afternoon, a concerned Cedar Valley resident notified KWWL that they will match the reward fund for Elizabeth and Lyric, up to $100,000, for critical information leading to the whereabouts of the girls, their safe return and the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the kidnappings.
The person wants to remain anonymous, but told KWWL they want the girls' families to know of their love and concern for them and the safe return of Lyric and Elizabeth. <snipped>
This money is in addition to $50,000 announced earlier, making the possible reward worth up to $ 150,000 <snipped>

BBM

The bolded statement "the person wants to remain anonymous..." answers your question, I think.

another version -

What is right beyond the end of the waterway in the pictures? Please don't yell at me since I'm mentioning the paddle boat, but if there was one involved, they could have taken the girls into that waterway for a "ride" & possibly into a house or beyond. It seems like there is alot of trees in people's backyards & they might not be able to see much because of them. Just a thought, but I don't really believe a boat was involved.

This says for their safe return...so is this reward even valid anymore?

For those of us not familiar with the area, may I ask a silly question....is that a street where that paddleboat is sitting or is it water? It looks like water which would fit with the paddleboat but wouldn't fit with a military tank sitting in water? :waitasec:

Some days, some things just don't always click right...:what: :blushing:

That is water (canal) that way the properties can be sold as water front,lol well at least water access.

This says for their safe return...so is this reward even valid anymore?

The Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers is now offering a reward of more than $20,000 for information that leads to an arrest.

Anyone with information about the girls is asked to contact the Evansdale police at 319-232-66-82. Or by email, ourmissingiowagirls@dps.ia.us

A separate $150,000 reward is offered through law enforcement officials and a private donor for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

http://whotv.com/2012/12/23/reward-fund-more-money-for-elizabeth-and-lyric/

That is water (canal) that way the properties can be sold as water front,lol well at least water access.

Those don't look like cheap houses along the waterway, and along the treed bank on the northwest side.

I mention this because other posters have described the lake as leech-infested and covered with poison ivy. It looks pretty nice from the air. Are appearances deceiving?

Those don't look like cheap houses along the waterway, and along the treed bank on the northwest side.

I mention this because other posters have described the lake as leech-infested and covered with poison ivy. It looks pretty nice from the air. Are appearances deceiving?

I don't think the lake looks bad, the only thing I notice is the water just kinda sits and doesn't move. The lake is small, and more like a huge pond in my opinion.

Leeches maybe, but there is not poison ivy all along the banks where the houses are. I think this is more referring to the areas off the trail as far as the poison ivy go.

And leech infested is a gross exaggeration IMO. There are very few still bodies of water that don't house leeches. But the term infested is not a term I would associate with the lake nor am I aware of any type of Iowa DNR report stating anything of the like. I could be wrong - please someone link to it, if there is one.

We fish lots of lakes. This "lake" really is more the size of a pond. It's not going to draw serious fisherman or swimmers. That is due to the depth and size of lake. It's a pan fish lake and more for "practice" and learning than anything.

Not a whole lot of people swim at lakes anymore without some sort of beach area...the weeds get thick if there aren't caretakers to keep the weeds raked out.

But it is a very well cared for area IMO. Dirty vs. clean lake is relative to whom you are speaking to. There are people that believe all lakes and rivers are dirty, leech infested, and dangerous to swim in. Others would tell you it's nonsense and people have been doing it for decades.

ETA: I believe the leech comment came from one of the family members who stated why the girls wouldn't swim there. They said something along the lines of "you don't go swimming there now, or you'll get leeches". For the record...every lake you can get leeches. They live in water.

According to Iowa Courts Online Search, on 3/9/12 KS received 3 years probation for this offense. On 8/2/12, his probation was revoked and a bench warrant was issued for his arrest. He was arrested 8/3/12.

And if I am reading the records correctly, this guy has quite a history of other crimes.

ETA: I am not suggesting this man is involved in this case - I'm just posting information as a follow up to palminodee's post.

That rather bothers me. If he was arrested for sexually abusing a child 0 - 13 years old in March, why was he still on the streets manufacturing meth in July?

He received deferred adjudication, meaning if he completed his stint in a residential facility, stayed out of trouble and completed his 3 year probation, he would not have to serve prison time. Otherwise, he faced 10 years in prison.

He violated probation, and was subsequently sent to prison for 10 years.

https://www.northernsunprint.com/page/content.detail/id/509123/Tama-Co-Court-News.html?nav=5003

I've seen many cases of child sex abusers getting parole if it is a first time offense. They are put on probation and fined.

No poison ivy, according to Ollipop (verified local).

As for leeches, well, you notice that none of the water access is in the form of beaches. So long as you're in a boat (paddle or otherwise), no problem.

He received deferred adjudication, meaning if he completed his stint in a residential facility, stayed out of trouble and completed his 3 year probation, he would not have to serve prison time. Otherwise, he faced 10 years in prison.

He violated probation, and was subsequently sent to prison for 10 years.

https://www.northernsunprint.com/page/content.detail/id/509123/Tama-Co-Court-News.html?nav=5003

I've seen many cases of child sex abusers getting parole if it is a first time offense. They are put on probation and fined.

I guess I can't say much if he wasn't arrested the second time for a sex crime too. I think that what bothers me most is that nothing seems to really deter these people. Meth really gets a hold on people, and from what I've seen, it doesn't let go easily.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member