IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And IIRC, two fellow Websleuthers were instrumental in that discovery.

Wow. I did not know that! That is awesome! I followed the case, but not on here. I had never heard of WS before Lizzie and Lyric disappeared. That case was a heartbreaker for sure.

Such as feral pigs and big swan shaped paddleboats? :floorlaugh:

Oh, puh-leeze, let's not even go there. And don't forget about my innocent question about pig farms - that generated conversation for days!

I just read an article about "trolls" who make nasty comments to online articles. I know I've read a few unkind comments relating to articles about the girls. I imagine the same is true for FB - someone will always have something negative to say. It's pathetic, IMO.

Here the "troll" article in case anyone is interested:

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2013/01/the_science_of_why_comment_tro.html

How standards have slipped! Back in the day, I was a usenet troll. But in those days, I didn't have to resort to off topic or vulgar posts to hook my victims. I looked for people who were illogical and thought they were infallible, then I hooked 'em and tangled them up in their own words until they either flounced out of the discussion or were reduced to invoking Nazi Germany (an automatic fail in accordance to Godwin's Law).

Trolling in those days was difficult! Carrying out a good troll required hard thinking and a delicacy of touch such that the manipulation involved was well concealed.

Now it's something any half-literate smartphone owner can do.

I am saddened.

Oh, puh-leeze, let's not even go there. And don't forget about my innocent question about pig farms - that generated conversation for days!

I was afraid I would stir up controversy when I Gave Wylma a hypothetical boyfriend yesterday! :floorlaugh:

Such as feral pigs and big swan shaped paddleboats? :floorlaugh:

Speaking of paddleboats

paddleboats.jpg

Speaking of paddleboats

paddleboats.jpg

I noticed that yesterday, too. I thought I saw one at one of the other docks, as well.

And one of the docks has a couple of rowboats, I think.

I'm really curious about the vehicle parked in the trees near the parking lot. That's a very well hidden vehicle.

As always! I refer to otto's maps all the time.

They definitely put things into perspective. I am directionally-challenged. I stay out of the convo when people talk east and west. Pictures, however, I can understand. So, they are greatly appreciated. My idea of directions is turn left at the McDonalds and make a right at the Walmart. Please don't tell me to go east or west!

I'm really curious about the vehicle parked in the trees near the parking lot. That's a very well hidden vehicle.

I'm not sure it's a vehicle. Looks like a piece of equipment or maybe a generator or tank of some kind?

They definitely put things into perspective. I am directionally-challenged. I stay out of the convo when people talk east and west. Pictures, however, I can understand. So, they are greatly appreciated. My idea of directions is turn left at the McDonalds and make a right at the Walmart. Please don't tell me to go east or west!

I'm with you when it comes to directions. I very seldom get lost, but if someone asks me how to get to somewhere, I use landmarks rather than directions.

I had some friends coming in from out of town a couple of years ago, and they needed to know how to find the street that would lead them to my neighborhood. I told them that when they saw the Giant Eagle, they should go about another mile and turn left. It didn't occur to me that they had no idea Giant Eagle was a grocery store. They drove about half an hour out of their way, looking for a "giant" eagle statue or painting or anything with an eagle on it.

They haven't visited me since.:what:

I'm not sure it's a vehicle. Looks like a piece of equipment or maybe a generator or tank of some kind?

Isn't there an old tank at Meyers Lake that kids can climb on? I believe ollipop talked about it.

Maybe we should give him a name. How about Wilbur? :floorlaugh:

Wilbur is a name that goes well with Wylma. And no, I don't have a link to that.:great:

Things are so frustrating in this case, so it's enjoyable to laugh together once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela