IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not allowed to say. (Sorry -- I know Otto hates it when I say that!) But my theory goes against TOS, so my lips are sealed.

Actually I think you can say. You can't say in detail because that would be against TOS, but I believe if you said "because they would have recognized the vehicle" you would be ok. Then tuck and roll.

Actually I think you can say. You can't say in detail because that would be against TOS, but I believe if you said "because they would have recognized the vehicle" you would be ok. Then tuck and roll.

That is assuming they knew the vehicle. I think they could have passed the perp who already had the girls even if they did not know the person involved. The timing is so close here. I have heard that Evansdale is kind of a small town so I just thought maybe they noticed another drivers strange behavior, such as shielding the face when their car went by, hunkering down in the seat, turning their face away. Of course they didn't look at the plate # of the vehicles they passed along the way.

That is assuming they knew the vehicle. I think they could have passed the perp who already had the girls even if they did not know the person involved. The timing is so close here. I have heard that Evansdale is kind of a small town so I just thought maybe they noticed another drivers strange behavior, such as shielding the face when their car went by, hunkering down in the seat, turning their face away. Of course they didn't look at the plate # of the vehicles they passed along the way.

Yes, you are correct. I was just giving JaimeInLA an optional way of phrasing to support her theory without her getting in trouble. I agree with you that there is a chance that if it was a stranger abduction that they could have drove right past them, but what a horrible thought. I am picturing the girls looking out the back windows of a van, pounding on them as they pass grandma and mom. I don't even want to think about that.

I think it's possible that Misty assumed that Lyric had just taken off for a while and that they just had to look harder for her. There may have been some ongoing custody issues. Misplacing a child for a few hours could impact how custody works, so Misty may have wanted to avoid telling Dan what happened until it was blatantly obvious that something was very wrong. If Dan was contacted at about 4 PM, then it was after the bikes had been located, so at that time is was a fact that something was very wrong.

That's probably true, and also because it happened a few days earlier with Lyric and her other cousin. Misty probably wanted to be sure before she called, because he probably wouldn't have believed her. And also the fact that he had no way of getting there. But I heard he had a four wheeler and got around that way.

seems like he mentioned catching little perch with his grandson and throwing them back. Now some folks do eat perch but they are by no means something a true fisherman would be after.

I agree with all who compare the lake to a pretty pond for the sake of the neighborhoods property values and not really meant for hardcore fishing, boating, swimming etc.

My husband says more than likely, bullheads, crappie, catfish, bass.

maybe it was crappie

Post/Page count incrementing has slowed down drastically. I guess we are done and will wait for LE to tell us who did it.

Post/Page count incrementing has slowed down drastically. I guess we are done and will wait for LE to tell us who did it.

It's not that easy to have a super-active discussion about this case, when LE has released zero information about the girls' murder. Just because it's gotten a little quiet (for a few hours...unlike other formerly-active cases that get about 1 post or less a day) doesn't mean that everyone has moved on or is done with the case.

Maybe we should go back downstairs to the scanner thread. That was always hopping...and it seemed like someone in the case was mentioned almost every couple of weeks. LOL

As long as LE is making daily progress, I can wait. God's speed to them in finding the perp(s) and having enough to convict and put away.

It's not that easy to have a super-active discussion about this case, when LE has released zero information about the girls' murder. Just because it's gotten a little quiet (for a few hours...unlike other formerly-active cases that get about 1 post or less a day) doesn't mean that everyone has moved on or is done with the case.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I am not accusing any WSers of not caring anymore or giving up. I was just making an observation that there is less activity now and I don't blame the passionate WSers for that. I blame the lack of any viable new information to discuss. I just think that we have exhausted all known facts and without anything new, we are unfortunately at a standstill.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I am not accusing any WSers of not caring anymore or giving up. I was just making an observation that there is less activity now and I don't blame the passionate WSers for that. I blame the lack of any viable new information to discuss. I just think that we have exhausted all known facts and without anything new, we are unfortunately at a standstill.

In addition, there are obviously WSers who have theories they cannot discuss, and that keeps them from contributing to some of the conversations.

I suppose we could start discussing paddleboats, feral hogs and bike routes again, but there isn't much new to discuss there!

When the news broke that bodies were found, it was no time before it was cleared that yes it was the girls. Some say, "well the clothes identified them". But if the remains were skeleton with clothing, still wouldn't they have to clear by dna before the public is notified that, yes these are the girls? What I'm trying to say is, the bodies were identified rather quickly. Also, the Collins said they were asked to identify the body and they refused. Now, why would LE ask them if they want to identify a skeleton?

There were two pair of shoes found at the scene of the crime (bones/bodies). The parents identified the bodies by the shoes found at the scene. It was some time later that the DNA match was made.

So yes, a DNA match was required, but the identification of the shoes confirmed that it was most likely the girls. That identification was correct ... so what is your question again?

In addition, there are obviously WSers who have theories they cannot discuss, and that keeps them from contributing to some of the conversations.

I suppose we could start discussing paddleboats, feral hogs and bike routes again, but there isn't much new to discuss there!

BBM
I think that is complete bull nonsense. Websleuthers cannot discuss fact based theories and so they cannot contribute to the discussion? Since when are fact based theories not permitted?

What cannot be discussed is wild imaginery, unconnected theories, such as suggesting that Wylma, the 100 pound weakling, could make the two children vanish with Tammy's assistance while the other three children watched.

That's absurd.

If it's a logical theory, it can be discussed here.
That's a fact

There is no information, so I suppose we'll have to wait for it to happen again and hope for more clues.

That's probably true, and also because it happened a few days earlier with Lyric and her other cousin. Misty probably wanted to be sure before she called, because he probably wouldn't have believed her. And also the fact that he had no way of getting there. But I heard he had a four wheeler and got around that way.

Where were Lyric and Tammy's 11 year old daughter when they were late? Wasn't it at Dan's mother's house? Did Misty even know about this? She told Dan at 4 PM that Lyric was missing even though she was last seen at 12:15 ... was that a 2 way street?

Where were Lyric and Tammy's 11 year old daughter when they were late? Wasn't it at Dan's mother's house? Did Misty even know about this? She told Dan at 4 PM that Lyric was missing even though she was last seen at 12:15 ... was that a 2 way street?

From the following comments, I don't think Dan was present when Lyric was late coming home from her "destination".

D. MORRISSEY: I was in Waterloo at my mom`s house with my son. And I was taking a nap, and my wife called and woke me up and told me that Lyric was missing.

This had just happened probably four days before, that where she was supposed to go to, you know, a certain destination and then come back, and after a while she hadn`t come back. And they went to that destination and she wasn`t there. And so things got stirred up. My wife called me then and told me the same thing, that she`s missing. And I told her to call the cops.

And they went around to drive around some more, and all of a sudden my daughter`s calling me from my wife`s phone and saying, "Daddy." You know?

So four days after that I`m getting another call from my wife and saying the same thing, you know. So I`m like what? And so she was out looking for her and I guess, you know, the police got involved and...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I`m not -- I`m not sure I understand. Are you saying that there was an incident prior to the Friday incident?

D. MORRISSEY: Yes.

M. MORRISSEY: Yes. A week before this, Lyric and her other cousin, Tammy`s daughter, Kaylee (ph), who were in Green Briar, which is another division of Waterloo, and they went walking to the park. They were gone for an extended amount of time. We went looking for them at the park, and they weren`t there. So we called the police. They -- right when I called the police they came walking up to the house.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ijvm.01.html

BBM

It sounds like Dan was only involved over the phone when Lyric was late coming home.

BBM
I think that is complete bull nonsense. Websleuthers cannot discuss fact based theories and so they cannot contribute to the discussion? Since when are fact based theories not permitted?

What cannot be discussed is wild imaginery, unconnected theories, such as suggesting that Wylma, the 100 pound weakling, could make the two children vanish with Tammy's assistance while the other three children watched.

That's absurd.

If it's a logical theory, it can be discussed here.
That's a fact

I also believe that some of the theories people consider logical are absurd...

Like the idea that 2 girls who apparently never left their 2 block radius rode their bikes like a bat outta hell to a lake they didn't know their way to, happened upon a stretch of trail that is completely secluded from the view of anyone, get snatched up by a perp who just happens to be sitting there under the cover of the foliage just at that right moment, coerce 2 street smart girls into a hidden vehicle, and take them without anyone seeing or hearing anything, all within about a 2 minute time frame.

We all have different beliefs based on what we know and what we choose to believe given what we know.

Instead of bashing other people's theories, maybe you could share your theory.

Maybe those of us who don't feel confident in a random perp simply haven't considered your theory of how it all went down. Maybe if you share your theory the rest of us will see the light and join you in your belief of what happened.

From the following comments, I don't think Dan was present when Lyric was late coming home from her "destination".

D. MORRISSEY: I was in Waterloo at my mom`s house with my son. And I was taking a nap, and my wife called and woke me up and told me that Lyric was missing.

This had just happened probably four days before, that where she was supposed to go to, you know, a certain destination and then come back, and after a while she hadn`t come back. And they went to that destination and she wasn`t there. And so things got stirred up. My wife called me then and told me the same thing, that she`s missing. And I told her to call the cops.

And they went around to drive around some more, and all of a sudden my daughter`s calling me from my wife`s phone and saying, "Daddy." You know?

So four days after that I`m getting another call from my wife and saying the same thing, you know. So I`m like what? And so she was out looking for her and I guess, you know, the police got involved and...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I`m not -- I`m not sure I understand. Are you saying that there was an incident prior to the Friday incident?

D. MORRISSEY: Yes.

M. MORRISSEY: Yes. A week before this, Lyric and her other cousin, Tammy`s daughter, Kaylee (ph), who were in Green Briar, which is another division of Waterloo, and they went walking to the park. They were gone for an extended amount of time. We went looking for them at the park, and they weren`t there. So we called the police. They -- right when I called the police they came walking up to the house.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ijvm.01.html

BBM

It sounds like Dan was only involved over the phone when Lyric was late coming home.

That IS what happened. They were just in Waterloo during that incident. Presumably missing from Wylma's home since that is where Misty and Lyric lived.

What I find strange is that even though Misty has a no contact order with Dan, she calls him immediately. There is a no contact order...that is in place because of a domestic abuse charge.
In a "normal" situation it would make complete sense for a mother to call the father. Isn't it reasonable for people to kind of question why she would call Dan and blatantly violate the order?

I guess to me, if I was in her situation and my husband had charges against him for beating me up and a no contact order was in place I would have called the police first...let THEM inform Dan about the incident if they felt it was necessary. Unfortunate for sure that it's come to that...but the no contact order was implemented with reason...not a "suggestion".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela