IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not find it strange that Misty called Dan at all. She had already looked for Lyric without success so why not call her father to see if Lyric had gone to see him? The no-contact order apparently was only between Misty and Dan and did not included the children.

Exactly...no contact. Meaning she shouldn't be in any form of contact with Dan. Including a phone call. It's sad, but like I said before...the no contact order is not a suggestion...it's a court order. People go to jail for breaking them. And that didn't stop her from calling him.

Of course she has reason - because Lyric was missing...however, I think she had to have been pretty concerned about her missing to make that call to Dan.

I don't want to get too hung up on her calling Dan...I know it's not surprising to call a child's father if they are missing. My only point is that she had to have been concerned enough to break a no contact order. :blushing:

Exactly...no contact. Meaning she shouldn't be in any form of contact with Dan. Including a phone call. It's sad, but like I said before...the no contact order is not a suggestion...it's a court order. People go to jail for breaking them. And that didn't stop her from calling him.

Of course she has reason - because Lyric was missing...however, I think she had to have been pretty concerned about her missing to make that call to Dan.

I don't want to get too hung up on her calling Dan...I know it's not surprising to call a child's father if they are missing. My only point is that she had to have been concerned enough to break a no contact order. :blushing:

I agree and for Dan to say call the cops. ummmm No biggie for me cause I did call the cops when mine were missing only 5 minutes. lol:blushing: But for him that must have really been some scare to say that first thing. I would think people who have had unwelcomed contact with LE would avoid LE as much as possible. IMO

Does a no contact order in Iowa preclude phone calls? The order my friend had relative to her ex (I think they were in NH) only applied to being in each other's physical presence. They were allowed to email, phone, etc. as necessary if they had to discuss things related to their children and the finances -- though I think other subjects might have been off limits.

Of course it is possible that Dan was upset about Misty breaking the no contact order by calling him (he could get in trouble or her?) that he said 'call the cops' with sarcasm. Misty did drive around some more looking for Lyric after she called Dan. IMO

In addition, there are obviously WSers who have theories they cannot discuss, and that keeps them from contributing to some of the conversations.

I suppose we could start discussing paddleboats, feral hogs and bike routes again, but there isn't much new to discuss there!

Don't forget the fish. ;) I doubt bass are in there.

so we have something to discuss

:)

Attachments

• feral pig boat.jpg
    feral pig boat.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 17
  • pig-o-war-72a.jpg
    pig-o-war-72a.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 16
  • pigs boating.jpg
    pigs boating.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 16
  • TMM-Piggy-and-Kermit-boat.jpg
    TMM-Piggy-and-Kermit-boat.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 16
That IS what happened. They were just in Waterloo during that incident. Presumably missing from Wylma's home since that is where Misty and Lyric lived.

What I find strange is that even though Misty has a no contact order with Dan, she calls him immediately. There is a no contact order...that is in place because of a domestic abuse charge.
In a "normal" situation it would make complete sense for a mother to call the father. Isn't it reasonable for people to kind of question why she would call Dan and blatantly violate the order?

I guess to me, if I was in her situation and my husband had charges against him for beating me up and a no contact order was in place I would have called the police first...let THEM inform Dan about the incident if they felt it was necessary. Unfortunate for sure that it's come to that...but the no contact order was implemented with reason...not a "suggestion".

It happened in the Greenbrier subdivision where Tammy lived....and Misty's bf at some point in time had lived at the same addy.

Dan has a hearing tomorrow. We can discuss that. Who thinks he will wear camo again?

Does a no contact order in Iowa preclude phone calls? The order my friend had relative to her ex (I think they were in NH) only applied to being in each other's physical presence. They were allowed to email, phone, etc. as necessary if they had to discuss things related to their children and the finances -- though I think other subjects might have been off limits.

My friends no contact order included no phone calls or physical presence. Emails were allowed because they had both agreed that was the only way to discuss the kids, and both wanted to be able to prove what was said, agreed upon etc.
Maybe Misty herself didn't press the charges, but the state did? I don't know.

Yep...I knew what you meant ;) No worries...just reiterating that no one's theories should be considered any more absurd than another. :blushing:

Totally agree, I was told once on another case my theory was ridiculous...and akin to an alien abduction. I replied that if a spacecraft was reported landing the area....I'd definitely consider it. The person is still missing... 3 years now.

No one should be told, chided, or ridiculed for their theory...because until the case is solved, we could all be right. Maybe the person's theory contains info or speculation that can't be brought forward on the thread because of TOS or for not upsetting anyone in the family or case that would/could be harmful to them, the case or even the poster themselves. IMO

No, but its 13 degrees out, and my neighbor just came outside to get his garbage off the street wearing NOTHING but his shorts. :cold: No socks, shoes, shirt.. NOTHING else. That's been his only outfit for years. (sometimes nothing.. :behind:)

I guess some people aren't afraid of wrinkles or shrinkage. More power to them. Be quite a scene if they ever fall and can't get up. Pun.......

That IS what happened. They were just in Waterloo during that incident. Presumably missing from Wylma's home since that is where Misty and Lyric lived.

What I find strange is that even though Misty has a no contact order with Dan, she calls him immediately. There is a no contact order...that is in place because of a domestic abuse charge.
In a "normal" situation it would make complete sense for a mother to call the father. Isn't it reasonable for people to kind of question why she would call Dan and blatantly violate the order?

I guess to me, if I was in her situation and my husband had charges against him for beating me up and a no contact order was in place I would have called the police first...let THEM inform Dan about the incident if they felt it was necessary. Unfortunate for sure that it's come to that...but the no contact order was implemented with reason...not a "suggestion".

BBM

Caveat: I do not have a link for the following and can't even recall if it was MSM where I recently read that TB lives in Green Briar which may have been referred to as a suburb of Waterloo.

Upon reading that, it dawned on me that IMO it's highly likely that Misty and Lyric were visiting at TB's home when the girls were late coming home from the park in Green Briar!

ETA: oops... I missed HollyBlue's post!

BBM

Caveat: I do not have a link for the following and can't even recall if it was MSM where I recently read that TB lives in Green Briar which may have been referred to as a suburb of Waterloo.

Upon reading that, it dawned on me that IMO it's highly likely that Misty and Lyric were visiting at TB's home when the girls were late coming home from the park in Green Briar!

Makes sense to me!:rocker:

Don't forget the fish. ;) I doubt bass are in there.

Around New England, a pond like that would see quite a bit of activity around dawn, when anglers like to go out and snag a couple of sunfish to take home for breakfast.

It's also the kind of place where grandfathers take their grandkids to show them the rudiments.

Nothing of substance to add here. I just wanted to share that when the children first went missing I felt they would be found alive. I figured they had lost track of time or maybe stopped to see a friend, and were just late getting home. Even though I'm skeptical about such happy endings, this was one of the rare cases where I allowed myself to be optimistic.

Though I don't recall the exact time frame, I remember they were last seen around lunch time and were expected to be home again shortly. Then there's the store security camera that caught them riding by. So, the window of opportunity for them to be abducted was small. And, it's more unlikely that someone would risk taking two children instead of just one, and in broad daylight, no less. The abductor would be taking a chance that one would scream, or run away, while he was subduing the other.

It's all so strange. Could it really be a coincidence- a crime of opportunity? Or was it planned in advance? Im still on the fence about that.

Around New England, a pond like that would see quite a bit of activity around dawn, when anglers like to go out and snag a couple of sunfish to take home for breakfast.

It's also the kind of place where grandfathers take their grandkids to show them the rudiments.

Yes we have wonderful pond's in Massachuetts , I was actually born by the Old Mill Pond at home many years ago. Whitinsville had wonderful quarry's and pond's with waterfall's in Uxbridge Mass.

Yes we have wonderful pond's in Massachuetts , I was actually born by the Old Mill Pond at home many years ago. Whitinsville had wonderful quarry's and pond's with waterfall's in Uxbridge Mass.

I found this yesterday on a Sleuther's site I though it fit quite well in here for Our--- Girls " Many of live's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up "

Thomas Edision

I don't know how it works in Iowa, but when I got one in Minnesota, he was told absolutely no contact. Nothing in person, no mail, no phone calls, no messages through friends or relatives. If he walked in a place and I was there, he should turn around and leave immediately. The only acceptable form of communication (if it was absolutely necessary) was for him to speak to a police officer and have him/her deliver the message. He did pull into the parking lot next to where I lived one night, and spent the night in jail and paid a $100 fine for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela