IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have often thought from the beganing of the abduction when they found the purse and cell phone . ? It was thrown toward's the Hwy. May have been a signal from the girl's that that was the direction they were being taken in from taklk they may have heard from the perp.? I was moved from the pond to the wood's later and we were taught nevetr to go into thwe wood's with out a marker. I just wondered ? MOO

BBM

HELP. I always thought the purse and cell phone were found between the fence and the lake.

BBM

HELP. I always thought the purse and cell phone were found between the fence and the lake.

I wonder it it was thrown towards the lake or away from it . I don't live in Iowa but seems as though I saw a pecture of the purse near a fence . I know there is a big HWY there . ?

I read and article regarding the hunter's in one of the newspapers Demonies Register maybe but, I was surprised that it stated that the Hunters caled l the Collins family to let them know theymay found the girls to meet them at the state house or court house .Maybe they had called the police in Breden? distric?

I read and article regarding the hunter's in one of the newspapers Demonies Register maybe but, I was surprised that it stated that the Hunters caled l the Collins family to let them know theymay found the girls to meet them at the state house or court house .Maybe they had called the police in Breden? distric?

Really, the hunters called the Collins'? Before the cops? After the cops?

Link?

Just Pat, this surprised me too. I believe another poster had posted the same information about the hunters calling the family and telling them they might have found the girls' bodies. If it were me, and even if I knew the family, even if I went to church with them or our kids played together, I would find it hard to call someone and tell them that I might have found their deceased child's body. Am I just totally confused? Did LE call the Collins or did the hunters call the family first. :waitasec:

Really, the hunters called the Collins'? Before the cops? After the cops?

Link?

I've only read that statement once and I think it was in the last week that I saw it and was confused by it.

I don't have a link and can't remember if it was in MSM or a comment onboard here.

I decided to ignore it as MSM, comments by family, and LE statements lead me to believe the hunters called LE and LE contacted the family.

O/T - I hadn't realized that dear "Dear Abby" was from IA. What a national treasure she was...

I wonder it it was thrown towards the lake or away from it . I don't live in Iowa but seems as though I saw a pecture of the purse near a fence . I know there is a big HWY there . ?

IIRC They did not appear to have been thrown. They were between the fence and the lake, which would of course be away from the hwy.

I've only read that statement once and I think it was in the last week that I saw it and was confused by it.

I don't have a link and can't remember if it was in MSM or a comment onboard here.

I decided to ignore it as MSM, comments by family, and LE statements lead me to believe the hunters called LE and LE contacted the family.

O/T - I hadn't realized that dear "Dear Abby" was from IA. What a national treasure she was...

Thank you for verifying I'm not imagining I had seen that statement before foxbluff!

O/T - I loved "Dear Abby". Have read her since I was knee-high to a grasshopper!

could he actually be the suspect or killer of Lyric and Elizabeth.

What was a guy from Ankney doing in Janesville? That's over a 100 miles. It was six counts so where did he gain access to victim..and how old was she? Most likely had some kind of internet communication and the girl was groomed and lured. Alot not being mentioned in the article.....that it took over a month to get out.

ETA: Drat. His lastest info wasn't given a citation #, so I can't find the details for a Fed Crime on 6/11/12. Probably the arrest warrant. No dispostion records found.

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm

So if this guy was wanted on 6/11 and was out of the country already, he couldn't have been around on 7/13.

ON 1/3/13, THE BCSO ARRESTED RYAN MICHAEL PORATH (34) OF ANKENY, IA ON AN OUTSTANDING ARREST WARRANT

http://www.co.bremer.ia.us/sheriff/press-releases.aspx

I'm curious ... maybe someone familiar with the Evansdale area knows the answer to this ... excluding agricultural industry jobs, is there any other industry in the area? For example, some places have agricultural and oil, others have tourism and filmmaking ... is there a second major industry in Evansdale?

I'm curious ... maybe someone familiar with the Evansdale area knows the answer to this ... excluding agricultural industry jobs, is there any other industry in the area? For example, some places have agricultural and oil, others have tourism and filmmaking ... is there a second major industry in Evansdale?

I'm not local Otto, but I would think banking and investment would be high up there...because of the farming. $$$$$

I'm not sure about specific industries, but there are a couple of major employers in the area - John Deere and Tyson Foods.

Here is some info about Evansdale - it lists manufacturing as a major industry (35%).

http://www.city-data.com/city/Evansdale-Iowa.html

I'm under the impression it is pigs #1 then corn.. good question..I will look again..I know I had this conversation with my grandson, when I was doing the scanner we took time to do a Iowa info search..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member