Status
Not open for further replies.
Meyers Lake section of Evansdale Nature Trail Timeline

Meyers_Lake_Bike_Trail_TimeLine2.jpg

Possible future park layout

Meyers_Lake_Bike_Trail_sm.jpg

and I380 is just off the bottom of these photos below the gate where the
bikes were found ?

BBM - Ohhh Yes !! Yours may very well be the only post here to which we can all agree, IMHO. Ty.

well that would be because this is a highly emotional issue and lots of people have strong ideas trying to help! I look at these photos over and over - Otto's latest are superb - and every time I look at where the bikes were found at the gate (if I have this correct), I380 is just (over the fence?)
from where the bikes were found. I keep wondering 'is there a connection' ?

It was posted before that you really cant see the place where the bikes
were found from the Interstate, so I guess someone on I380 could not
have seen the girls at the bike location? Still I wonder. Traffic was reportedly stopped during the whole time the girls might have been at the park? Did someone stopped on I380 see the girls and go down and entice them to 'go along' ?

The presence of I380 so close (relatively speaking) to where the bikes were found, keeps nagging at me. [Someone talk me out of this!]

:please:

I've asked locals that question, and most think it's something to do with drugs. That is why they are sad, but don't really feel in danger. Others think it's a sex pervert and are afraid it will happen again... and they are watching their kids like hawks!
One guy from Evansdale (an avid deer hunter) says he thinks some out of town sexual deviant did it because there are too many dense woods in and around Evansdale where a person could dump the bodies, and they would never be found. He said an Evansdale resident would know that. He also thinks around Readlyn must be an area the killer is from, to keep his victims bodies close to him.
Others have put it out of their minds, saying there are killers everywhere, why worry about it? Others, I had to say their names twice, because they didn't remember who I was talking about. :waitasec:

Thats an interesting local perspective - especially the ' around Readlyn area' comment,
which has been mentioned before. Does 7-Bridges fit with the knowledge base of an out-of-towner?

I was referring to the attempted abduction in Fairfax.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Sorry Squeeze :blushing: I did not intend to include your quote in my post. :blushing:

I think it was sexually motivated and nothing to do with family or drugs.

Disagree - unless there was collusion between two or more perverts and that would be hard to get away with. Even within those unlikely parameters, the likelihood of two or more random 'opportunist' perps taking both girls instead of just one is small. Could one pervert with a gun have kidnapped both? Sure, but the 'control' issue after the kidnapping would probably dissuade them.

I don't think this was sexual. I think it was either for revenge or someone close to them did it. Or both.

JMO.

Thats an interesting local perspective - especially the ' around Readlyn area' comment,
which has been mentioned before. Does 7-Bridges fit with the knowledge base of an out-of-towner?

If they lived around Readlyn and 7 bridges area it would. It's so far away from Evansdale, and there are many closer areas with dense trees in (and around) Evansdale to dump a body and it would never be found, like he said. Why go all the way up there? What is it about THAT place that means something to the killer, unless it is closer to his home? :waitasec:

Disagree - unless there was collusion between two or more perverts and that would be hard to get away with. Even within those unlikely parameters, the likelihood of two or more random 'opportunist' perps taking both girls instead of just one is small. Could one pervert with a gun have kidnapped both? Sure, but the 'control' issue after the kidnapping would probably dissuade them.

I don't think this was sexual. I think it was either for revenge or someone close to them did it. Or both.

JMO.

I agree with you, Tonto.

I hope LE has a suspect in their sights, because this case is feeling very cold.

It is hard to have patience, but rest assured they are not letting this case go. It will get cold in the media, naturally.

But there will be justice. In one of my archives, there is a case that went over 10 years before the killer was arrested and convicted. Leah Freeman's Mom kept expecting justice and she got it.

iowa-girls-video.jpg Do you see the black thing across the bike bars? I never noticed it before.

And why would the image be so blurry? My opinion is they were riding fast. I just don't understand why the black thing near or on the handle bars, it looks like it goes across the bars.

If they lived around Readlyn and 7 bridges area it would. It's so far away from Evansdale, and there are many closer areas with dense trees in (and around) Evansdale to dump a body and it would never be found, like he said. Why go all the way up there? What is it about THAT place that means something to the killer, unless it is closer to his home? :waitasec:

Exactly!!!

I know when I was a kid, I would sometimes carry things on my handle bars like a coat. But it was way to hot last July for it to be a coat. A skateboard? Fishing pole? Hmmm...

What was the time again on the camera, 12:11 was wrong, right?

I've asked locals that question, and most think it's something to do with drugs. That is why they are sad, but don't really feel in danger. Others think it's a sex pervert and are afraid it will happen again... and they are watching their kids like hawks!
One guy from Evansdale (an avid deer hunter) says he thinks some out of town sexual deviant did it because there are too many dense woods in and around Evansdale where a person could dump the bodies, and they would never be found. He said an Evansdale resident would know that. He also thinks around Readlyn must be an area the killer is from, to keep his victims bodies close to him.
Others have put it out of their minds, saying there are killers everywhere, why worry about it? Others, I had to say their names twice, because they didn't remember who I was talking about. :waitasec:

Great local feedback, Chels. Ty for sharing.

I love that the "Evansdale avid deer hunter" has given this case enough thought, like us here, to come up with a scenario. And let's admit, that for all we really know at this point in time, his guess is as good as any of ours... IMO.

BBM - One of the ways in which I disagree: I believe the perp(s) did know of wooded areas in Evansdale where bodies could be concealed. IMO the reason perp(s) didn't leave the bodies in Evansdale goes hand-in-hand w/my theory that the bikes were staged at Meyers lake in order to (#1) get the bikes away from Perp's own local backdoor which is where I think the girls last dismounted their bikes and (#2) as a delaying factor to cause LE to think that the girls had drown or were lost... giving perp(s) time to dispose of the bodies and make it back to town before road blocks were thrown up.

Why not dispose of bodies in Evansdale??? Because once LE realized the girls weren't at the lake, they would start questioning locals as to anything suspicious they had seen that day. Possibly anybody questioned in the first wk of the girls' disappearance, might remember seeing a vehicle (maybe even a vehicle whose owner they knew!) driving into a secluded area.

Whereas, folks in other counties, even if they were ever questioned, would have no reason to remember vehicles they had seen months before.

I wish I could be clearer... ):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member