IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose that when the tape was released, that was where the girls were last seen. In September, more information was released and then the girls were placed in the area of Elmer and Gilbert between 12:30 and 1 PM.

So, the tape was released publicly July 26th(ish) from what I can find (turned over to police on July 16th).

That infers to me that even as of the date the video was released no one had come forward to say they saw the girls near or at the lake.

Why come forward with this video if people placed them at or around the lake?

What is the point of the video? If they had confirmed sightings this video wouldn't mean squat because it was taken before they ever reached the lake.

It makes me wonder if that's the point of the video...to make the point they were riding "away" from the lake...letting the perp know that they know they were never even there!:waitasec:

So, the tape was released publicly July 26th(ish) from what I can find (turned over to police on July 16th).

That infers to me that even as of the date the video was released no one had come forward to say they saw the girls near or at the lake.

Why come forward with this video if people placed them at or around the lake?

What is the point of the video? If they had confirmed sightings this video wouldn't mean squat because it was taken before they ever reached the lake.

It makes me wonder if that's the point of the video...to make the point they were riding "away" from the lake...letting the perp know that they know they were never even there!:waitasec:

The video was the first confirmed sighting of the girls. It was released most likely for the purpose of generating tips ... and more tips probably came in ... including one about the girls being in the area of Elmer and Gilbert. In September, police released information about the girls being at Elmer and Gilbert.

The video was the first confirmed sighting of the girls. It was released most likely for the purpose of generating tips ... and more tips probably came in ... including one about the girls being in the area of Elmer and Gilbert. In September, police released information about the girls being at Elmer and Gilbert.

I would think that anyone who had seen the girls at ANY time that day would have come forward immediately, or at most the next day or 2 (given some extenuating circumstance).

I guess I don't understand how releasing a video two weeks after the girls go missing -a video of them riding on the street one of them lives on, nonetheless - would generate a tip of someone seeing the girls in the lake area that day.

Apparently different things prompt people to call I guess...

So...what, if anything, does this video do to pick people's brains? What on this video would initiate a tip? :waitasec:

I would think that anyone who had seen the girls at ANY time that day would have come forward immediately, or at most the next day or 2 (given some extenuating circumstance).

I guess I don't understand how releasing a video two weeks after the girls go missing -a video of them riding on the street one of them lives on, nonetheless - would generate a tip of someone seeing the girls in the lake area that day.

So...what, if anything, does this video do to pick people's brains? What on this video would initiate a tip? :waitasec:

These two girls on bikes were different from others because one was on a bike that was too small, the other was on a bike that was too large.

Abben, July 23 (?): "important to note that they were riding away from Meyers Lake"

The children were riding "away," the "wrong way? (wallace and Grommit?) " Was the perp backing up? ... going the wrong way ... a white van backed up and poof ... girls gone?

That is, what does Abben mean when he describes the children as riding away from Meyers liake, on Brovan, at 12:15 ish on July 13, 2012.

Perhaps, there is more here than first meets the eye. Times and words may have more meaning than we know.

Notations
Cornbelt Auctions tape released showing the girls riding by on their bikes. Time stamped July 13 at 12:11 pm/12:19 pm: July 25, 2012 (a), (b)

Black Hawk County Chief Deputy Rick Abben: "The girls were less than a block from the house when this camera captured them riding by, important to note they were riding away from Meyers Lake." (a)

What was LE hoping to accomplish by releasing the clip of the Cornbelt Auction tape? LE stated it was the girls on the bikes. No one else is in the video. They knew the girls location as they rode by the camera. They didn't ask the public for any information about anything on the tape. So, why did LE release the clip from Cornbelt Auctions with the date/time stamp of July 13 at 12:11 pm to the public and make a point of saying that the girls "were less than a block from the house" and state that it was "important to note they were riding away from Meyers Lake"? Why is it important to note that they were riding away from Meyers Lake when they were less than a block from the Collins' house? There must be something of significance if it is "important to note".

1) Was there something new that we learned from the clip?

2) Did anyone involved change the time that something happened after the clip was released?

The questions are food for thought and not necessarily intended to be answered on the thread, but I believe that if answered, the reason the clip was released will be found within them.

What do I think Rick Abben meant when he described the girls as riding away from the lake, "on Brovan, at 12:15 ish on July 13, 2012"? I think he meant exactly what he said - it's important that the girls are close to home and they are not riding toward Meyers Lake about 12:15 (12:11 pm/12:19 pm), either. I believe he's telling everyone that the tape is proof of where the girls were and the direction they were headed at that time. I think it's a head's up from LE for anyone who has or who tries to suggest otherwise.

MOO

(a) http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-io...deo-elizabeth-collins-lyric/story?id=16850676

(b)Mr. Pahl indicates the time shown is eight minutes slower than his U.S. Cellular phone, which would make the time about 12:19 pm.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_c7394e3c-d6a6-11e1-a4f3-0019bb2963f4.html

Perhaps, there is more here than first meets the eye. Times and words may have more meaning than we know.

Notations
Cornbelt Auctions tape released showing the girls riding by on their bikes. Time stamped July 13 at 12:11 pm/12:19 pm: July 25, 2012 (a), (b)

Black Hawk County Chief Deputy Rick Abben: "The girls were less than a block from the house when this camera captured them riding by, important to note they were riding away from Meyers Lake." (a)

What was LE hoping to accomplish by releasing the clip of the Cornbelt Auction tape? LE stated it was the girls on the bikes. No one else is in the video. They knew the girls location as they rode by the camera. They didn't ask the public for any information about anything on the tape. So, why did LE release the clip from Cornbelt Auctions with the date/time stamp of July 13 at 12:11 pm to the public and make a point of saying that the girls "were less than a block from the house" and state that it was "important to note they were riding away from Meyers Lake"? Why is it important to note that they were riding away from Meyers Lake when they were less than a block from the Collins' house? There must be something of significance if it is "important to note".

1) Was there something new that we learned from the clip?

2) Did anyone involved change the time that something happened after the clip was released?

The questions are food for thought and not necessarily intended to be answered on the thread, but I believe that if answered, the reason the clip was released will be found within them.

What do I think Rick Abben meant when he described the girls as riding away from the lake, "on Brovan, at 12:15 ish on July 13, 2012"? I think he meant exactly what he said - it's important that the girls are close to home and they are not riding toward Meyers Lake about 12:15 (12:11 pm/12:19 pm), either. I believe he's telling everyone that the tape is proof of where the girls were and the direction they were headed at that time. I think it's a head's up from LE for anyone who has or who tries to suggest otherwise.

MOO

<<snipped by me>>

I think you're right. I think they are saying that this is the only solid proof they have about anything. That, and where the bikes were located at 4:00. Nothing else is confirmed, even the supposed sighting on Elmer and Gilbert.

no, they did not.... Reminder: no sleuthing of persons not connected to the case.

:bump:

Reminder: We cannot sleuth persons not connected to this case. Also please review the rule on family members under the opening post of this thread.

Praying that todays the day a killer is caught, and theres justice for the cousins.

Do any locals know if there was anything special going on the weekend they went missing, in Evansdale, or the surrounding areas. I read a little bit about the Grunge Festival but I think that is held in August of each year. I think they also have a Freedom Festival in that area.

:bump:

Reminder: We cannot sleuth persons not connected to this case. Also please review the rule on family members under the opening post of this thread.

I'm confused about sleuthing (not harassing) RSOs. I thought someone posted something about one, but now I'm not finding it.

Do any locals know if there was anything special going on the weekend they went missing, in Evansdale, or the surrounding areas. I read a little bit about the Grunge Festival but I think that is held in August of each year. I think they also have a Freedom Festival in that area.

I think I remember, a John Deere tractor show, and wrestling were going on that weekend..
I'm not local

I've been wondering if the general public and/or WSers tend to assume that the Cause of Death [COD] was the same for each little cousin?

In my opinion, they released the video for one reason only -- to catch someone in a lie. (To let on that they knew that person was lying.)

Thanks to everyone for keepin the thread going! Wish I had more to add. Every day I hope for a breakthrough.

Try this link for having a look around the area (use the birds eye view and the curved arrows to look at it from different perspectives) ... either the website or my computer is really slow right now, but you can see 3D views from any vantage point.

http://www.bing.com/maps/#JndoZXJlM...zNS45NzEzMDExOTgyNTQlN2UtMTUyLjE2MDU4MzQ5NTU=

Finally booted up the ol' laptop. This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for short of a ground-level view (too bad Google Streetview doesn't do bike trails, lol). I think this is as good as we can get as far as an interactive view. Otto, you ROCK! :rocker:

In my opinion, they released the video for one reason only -- to catch someone in a lie. (To let on that they knew that person was lying.)

Yes you are right and many of the slethers know this in their heart's someone caught in a big lie. Their gonna catch the perps that did this it's just a matter of time . It all has to do with the bike's :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV