IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see a response to my forever ago question about what is one of the girls carrying on her handle bars? If anything.

I am not much help with what one of the girls may have been carrying cindersoot. my old eyes can't see much other than a blur of two figures on bicycles go by on the tape.

I didn't see a response to my forever ago question about what is one of the girls carrying on her handle bars? If anything.

I, too, posted about something dark near the handle bars. Another poster responded and said it was basically an optical/technical illusion based on shadow. My gut doesn't agree considering the other colors in view are normal and realistic. But his explanation made me think he knew what he was talking about so I sort of dropped it. It's a few threads back. You can try searching for my posts, I haven't made a ton. I thought it looked like one of those small black bags from a convenience store, only big enough to hold a coke and a candy bar.

I never could make out anything in the video. All I saw were two blurry figures - I couldn't even tell what they were wearing. I didn't see anything on the handle bars.

I wonder if the FBI was ever able to make the video any clearer?

I never could make out anything in the video. All I saw were two blurry figures - I couldn't even tell what they were wearing. I didn't see anything on the handle bars.

I wonder if the FBI was ever able to make the video any clearer?

I wonder the same thing about the clarity of the video. I am certain they have the technology to make the video more clear, but who knows what the quality of the tape/camera started as. Maybe this video IS the "cleared up" version.

“It looked kind of grainy to me, I mean just zoom they were by the thing and so it’s very hard to really make much out on the thing,” Black Hawk County Chief Deputy Rick Abben said.

Maybe that was PRIOR to them using technology to clear up the individual frames.:waitasec:

I can't make anything out on it either, other than 2 bikes zooming by. I also don't know how with THIS video they are certain it's even the girls. One can assume based on the location/time, etc. but if this is the best picture they have on video there is nothing clear enough to see it's 100% certain to be Lizzy and Lyric.

"They were the only two people to go by on bikes that day to my knowledge,” said Joe Pahl, who alerted police about the video July 16. “I’ve watched it.”

The other comment I find kind of strange is this:
Pahl said FBI officials arrived within 20 minutes of learning about the video and “sat up here all Monday until about noon on Tuesday watching everything we had

Why wouldn't they obtain the video in some format and take it in for processing? Does this indicate that whatever format the video is in can't actually be extracted and manipulated? Hmmm...I know nothing about video technology but it kind of surprised me that they would actually sit at the auction house for 1 1/2 days to watch the video instead of taking the video footage immediately in.

Maybe they were looking at several days of footage before and after the girls went missing and it took that long to determine what all needed to be saved for processing.:waitasec:

I know it's really messed up. I don't know what to think now. He's in jail. The girl he got busted with is in jail..

you can post the facebook for the town but you cannot discuss any comments as they are considered a rumor.

Now we're cooking with gas! I'm going to sit back, watch for the fireworks show and try really, really hard not to say I told y'all so!

aw come on Jaime, not even one lil ole "I informed you thusly"?

How do we know that the shadow represents something on the bikes? Couldn't it be a bird flying between the camera and the children?

What an interesting development! I wonder if more is to come?

What's with "I told you so?" ... is there some sort of break in the case, or is it the same ole', same ole' Misty, or Dan, are still have problems with their drug addictions?

What's with "I told you so?" ... is there some sort of break in the case, or is it the same ole', same ole' Misty, or Dan, are still have problems with their drug addictions?

Considering there is a $350,000 bail set for breaking probation via drug use -- I'm guessing this is a break in the case. That is an ASTRONOMICAL bail for simply using drugs!

Considering there is a $350,000 bail set for breaking probation via drug use -- I'm guessing this is a break in the case. That is an ASTRONOMICAL bail for simply using drugs!

Dan, the drug addict, broke probation by using drugs? ... or does this relate to someone else? How does drug use by a drug addict relate to the abduction and murder of two girls?

I would think that the probation represents forced drug rehabilitation - if he is unable to pay whatever amount he is required to pay. Is he unable to pay some amount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abi