IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My own speculation Maiden Lana alwys jumps out at me when I see the name . I think that's where the grab took place . Now tihis is just something I've been tossing around in my head a long time now . As I read more and more about the sex perps that steal children drive them to another State To make sexual photo's of them to sell and let their freind's use them as they want . This really is a fact like many others in Los Angeles area . Someone grabbed those girl's fast and headed out of State ASAP before any one knew they were missing . I think they were lured by kitty cat's when all was complete then drive them back . They could have tazed them drugged them to keep them quiet After use they return to where they live an dropped the girls at Seven Bridges Park Park .

Where were they for all those five month's ?. just wish the LE would watch for their precious faces as they arrest the Photo creeps. Just thinking out loud.

This scenario (Maiden Lane) means the bikes were moved (staged).

A random would not bother...it would slow him down, and what would be the point? :moo:

Could someone tell me the screen names of our verified insiders TG and daughter. I just wanted to go back and look at their input again from posts and threads long ago. TIA.

I've been reading articles that I missed or have forgotten from msm sites that I haven't frequented as much as others. I found this article that I don't remember reading before now. It seems that the Carpenters were not the only couple who knew Elizabeth from her visits to the Meyers Lake area.

Nichols and her husband live near Meyers Lake in Evansdale, where Elizabeth and her cousin Lyric Cook were last seen. Before Elizabeth's disappearance and tragic death, she'd personally gotten to know her.

"That's just devastating, too. She was my little granddaughter, great-granddaughter's, best friend and just a beautiful little girl, beautiful smile. She loved to talk. It was just fun watching her," Nichols said.

Whether Elizabeth was riding her bicycle when Mrs. Nichols got to know her isn't mentioned, but it seems to be implied.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/20414007/2012/12/23/one-family-impacted-by-two-tragedies

Could someone tell me the screen names of our verified insiders TG and daughter. I just wanted to go back and look at their input again from posts and threads long ago. TIA.

TG = SierraShelby
Daughter = Skylar

I've been reading articles that I missed or have forgotten from msm sites that I haven't frequented as much as others. I found this article that I don't remember reading before now. It seems that the Carpenters were not the only couple who knew Elizabeth from her visits to the Meyers Lake area.

Whether Elizabeth was riding her bicycle when Mrs. Nichols got to know her isn't mentioned, but it seems to be implied.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/20414007/2012/12/23/one-family-impacted-by-two-tragedies

Someone posted a couple of months ago that Elizabeth cycled to Lake Avenue often because she had a friend that lived on the street. There was no link at the time ... so thank you for the link!

I guess that's the clue that we've been missing for a long time ... family confirmation that Elizabeth did cycle that far often. Heather said that Elizabeth always phoned to confirm that she arrived when she visited friends, and she probably did, but I think that Elizabeth may have also cycled to the area when she wasn't visiting friends, but was just going for a bike ride. For some reason, the family did not want people to know that she was regularly cycling that far, but that omission has resulted in a lot of confusion.

If we have Elizabeth and Lyric cycling to Lake Avenue, where Elizabeth usually turned around at the end of Lake (per Mr Carpenter), it's also possible that because she was with Lyric, they decided to cycle across the grass, intending to take the trail back to the West side of the lake and back home. That would place them at the SE tip of the lake. Could someone have been there and taken advantage of the situation, or did someone follow them and they just happened to cycle to the trail?

That also raises an important question ... did she normally cycle along the trail from the Fareway store to Gilbert, or did she zigzag through the streets?

There's a home improvement store northwest of Brovan that goes by the name of Nichols. It's on Lafayette, 3300 block. It's .2 miles per google maps & only one minute by bike. I think that's very possible if that's who is in the article saying she saw Elizabeth. It is still in the Meyers Lake area but northwest of Brovan, not towards the lake route.

This is heart breaking to a community. Many prayers for all of Evansdale & the families.

KWWL reports today that an organization is giving out free child ID kits. The heading reads, ( Free child ID kits given in memory of the missing cousins). In my honest opinion it should say, " Free child ID kits given in memory of the MURDERED cousins." It's too sugar coated for my taste.

Wow no kidding, Cindersoot. I think it's great that they're giving out the ID kits but the girls are no longer missing. I can see not wanting to say "murdered cousins" since nothing's official yet, but what about just using their names? "Free child ID kits given in memory of Elizabeth and Lyric," particularly since it's a local station and most people would likely recognize the girls' names.

Nice slide show of Meyers Lake Park if anyone is interested:

http://www.evansdale.govoffice.com/index.asp?Type=GALLERY&SEC={CBE43B2B-A972-4C75-85FB-C239E9A63EC2}

Lots of info about the city of Evansdale.

Can someone please refresh my memory. What was made public between Friday July 13th and thru the weekend? And when were we notified about the girls being caught riding by on camera?

Can someone please refresh my memory. What was made public between Friday July 13th and thru the weekend? And when were we notified about the girls being caught riding by on camera?

Pahl notified the police on Monday the 16th.
The video came out on the 25th (earliest dateI could find it was made public).

Nothing much was updated (as far as sightings) that first weekend. Work was taking place at the lake (dredging, draining). Also, they were searching homes, vehicle check points, and clearing RSO's. Polygraphs were taken by Misty and Dan. I'm not sure about Heather and Drew. Computers, cell phones were confiscated....ummm...what else?

There's a home improvement store northwest of Brovan that goes by the name of Nichols. It's on Lafayette, 3300 block. It's .2 miles per google maps & only one minute by bike. I think that's very possible if that's who is in the article saying she saw Elizabeth. It is still in the Meyers Lake area but northwest of Brovan, not towards the lake route.

This is heart breaking to a community. Many prayers for all of Evansdale & the families.

That must be a different family, because the one in the article quoted by Considering is:

"On top of losing Lindsay, Nichols has also been touched by the loss of Elizabeth Collins. Nichols and her husband live near Meyers Lake in Evansdale, where Elizabeth and her cousin Lyric Cook were last seen. Before Elizabeth's disappearance and tragic death, she'd personally gotten to know her.

"That's just devastating, too. She was my little granddaughter, great-granddaughter's, best friend and just a beautiful little girl, beautiful smile. She loved to talk. It was just fun watching her," Nichols said."

Pahl contacted police on July 16, but I think it was a week or so later before that information was made public (check google: pahl 12:11 "8 minutes") for the July 16 date. It was somewhere around July 23 or July 26 that the video was released (IIRC).

The case was posted here on July 13 at about 9 PM, so whatever was made public was enough to let everyone know that two children had vanished and it was a serious investigation.

Pahl notified the police on Monday the 16th.
The video came out on the 17th.

Nothing much was updated (as far as sightings) that first weekend. Work was taking place at the lake (dredging, draining). Also, they were searching homes, vehicle check points, and clearing RSO's. Polygraphs were taken by Misty and Dan. I'm not sure about Heather and Drew. Computers, cell phones were confiscated....ummm...what else?

Would you happen to have a link for the video being released on July 17? A while back I searched and the earliest I came up with was several days later - although I can't remember the exact date.

That must be a different family, because the one in the article quoted by Considering is:

"On top of losing Lindsay, Nichols has also been touched by the loss of Elizabeth Collins. Nichols and her husband live near Meyers Lake in Evansdale, where Elizabeth and her cousin Lyric Cook were last seen. Before Elizabeth's disappearance and tragic death, she'd personally gotten to know her.

"That's just devastating, too. She was my little granddaughter, great-granddaughter's, best friend and just a beautiful little girl, beautiful smile. She loved to talk. It was just fun watching her," Nichols said."

I believe that Nichols does live on Evans Road, on the lake. That very well could be where they rode bikes to in the past. This Nichols is a deputy sheriff. Their daughter was killed earlier in 2012, Lindsay Nichols.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Would you happen to have a link for the video being released on July 17? A while back I searched and the earliest I came up with was several days later - although I can't remember the exact date.

Sorry...I should have clarified when I said "released". Pahl notified police about the video the 16th, and he said they were there a full day looking at the video (hence the 17th being the full day after). I updated my original post with the 25th date so there is no confusion.

As far as public release date, I think the earliest date I could find was the 25th but I haven't searched too hard either.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/missing-iowa-girls-lyric-cook-elizabeth-collins-riding-16851063

I am still a bit baffled by why it took them 9 days to release the video. It makes me wonder if either there WAS something/someone on the tape that they were investigating during those 9 days, or if there was really nothing else and it was released as something to keep the case alive and generate more leads.

Someone posted a couple of months ago that Elizabeth cycled to Lake Avenue often because she had a friend that lived on the street. There was no link at the time ... so thank you for the link!

I guess that's the clue that we've been missing for a long time ... family confirmation that Elizabeth did cycle that far often.
Heather said that Elizabeth always phoned to confirm that she arrived when she visited friends, and she probably did, but I think that Elizabeth may have also cycled to the area when she wasn't visiting friends, but was just going for a bike ride. For some reason, the family did not want people to know that she was regularly cycling that far, but that omission has resulted in a lot of confusion.

If we have Elizabeth and Lyric cycling to Lake Avenue, where Elizabeth usually turned around at the end of Lake (per Mr Carpenter), it's also possible that because she was with Lyric, they decided to cycle across the grass, intending to take the trail back to the West side of the lake and back home. That would place them at the SE tip of the lake. Could someone have been there and taken advantage of the situation, or did someone follow them and they just happened to cycle to the trail?

That also raises an important question ... did she normally cycle along the trail from the Fareway store to Gilbert, or did she zigzag through the streets?

BBM. I disagree that there has been omission by the family. I've posted this link before to an interview from July 26th, in which Heather and Drew admit it was entirely possible that Elizabeth was biking farther than they knew. Seems to me we've had family confirmation that the possibility existed for quite some time now.

Right around the 10 minute mark.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_22c6bcca-d752-11e1-8622-0019bb2963f4.html

Hey, cinder, have you ever checked out the crankycrankerson website? She has photos, videos, and screenshots of news articles about Lyric and Lizzie. Here's the site: http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/?start=all

When it comes up, there is a tab on the left side that says "show albums and stories". Click on that, and there's a column on the left that lists all of the cases - just scroll down to Elizabeth Collins and click on it. It will pull up an amazing amount of stuff. It begins with the newest to oldest, so you have to do a lot of scrolling down to get to the earliest stuff, but it's well worth it.

I believe that Nichols does live on Evans Road, on the lake. That very well could be where they rode bikes to in the past. This Nichols is a deputy sheriff. Their daughter was killed earlier in 2012, Lindsay Nichols.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

His daughter was killed in Iowa?

BBM. I disagree that there has been omission by the family. I've posted this link before to an interview from July 26th, in which Heather and Drew admit it was entirely possible that Elizabeth was biking farther than they knew. Seems to me we've had family confirmation that the possibility existed for quite some time now.

Right around the 10 minute mark.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_22c6bcca-d752-11e1-8622-0019bb2963f4.html

I don't see "confirmation of the possibility" as being the same thing as confirmation that Elizabeth did indeed ride to Meyers Lake.

At first, Elizabeth's mother says that Elizabeth doesn't wander. She then changes the statement to reflect that Elizabeth had wandered "with Lyric" but only for a "few blocks." It sounds to me as if the mother believes that Elizabeth would not have strayed away from her home if not for Lyric. However, Mrs. Carpenter said it was Elizabeth she was used to seeing "every night ride her bicycle" and Elizabeth who "was a friendly little girl" and "always stopped and talked to people." I seriously doubt that Lyric was at Meyers Lake every night. She would have been at her home in Waterloo.

It appears from the transcript that Elizabeth's mother was adament that Elizabeth had not been to Meyers Lake by herself in the past. She only conceded the possibility that she had when Elizabeth's father brought it to her attention.

Transcription:
Begin time: 9:41

Heather: "Elizabeth doesn't wander. Every now and then they do - she has wandered with Lyric but never that far. It's been like a few blocks. Um, it's never been all the way down to Meyers Lake. Um, and --"

Reporter: "There have been witnesses that said I thought I've seen the girls before, you know, not just that day, but we've seen 'em before riding in that general vicinity, but..."

Heather: (shaking head) "And if they, if they, have been there's been an adult, you know, um --"

Drew: "Or they weren't supposed to be there."

Heather: (speech rate increases) "Or they weren't supposed to be there and we didn't know about it. So..."

End time: 10:12

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...mix_1bc152e0-d767-11e1-bec1-0019bb2963f4.html

http://indianolarecordherald.desmoi...fter-their-disappearance?odyssey=mod|mostview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay