IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A place he could hide his vehicle, behind the thick trees and brush on maiden lane.

Trying to find info a a certain RSO, he is in jail, the address is 77 Polk Co. Jail, Ice Hold, Desmoines....does anyone know what ice hold means?

Meyers Lake is the closest lake. They didn't go to a park, they went to a lake on a summer afternoon. Apparently Elizabeth cycled to the NE tip of the lake often, as witnesses on Lake Avenue recognized her photo after she was abducted. The skate board park is right next to the lake so cycling to the skate board park is really no different than cycling to the park.

This lake is the closest lake ... that's why this lake.

Elizabeth regularly cycled to the NE tip of the lake, and maybe Lyric wanted to cycle around the lake and loop back home ... all they had to do was ride their bikes a short distance across the grass from the NE tip to the SE tip and they were there.

I agree that Meyers Lake was a logical choice for the girls, especially if Lizzie and Lyric sometimes biked further than Heather and Grandma thought they did.

After Drew called Grandma and told her the girls were still missing, I believe Tammy felt it was likely the girls biked to the lake.

But I also wonder if Tammy subconsciously remembered a comment or remark from someone that made her think of the lake?:waitasec:

Probably not . . .

Trying to find info a a certain RSO, he is in jail, the address is 77 Polk Co. Jail, Ice Hold, Desmoines....does anyone know what ice hold means?

I know that ICE is U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, a part of Homeland Security. I've seen ICE referenced frequently in child *advertiser censored* arrests.

So maybe an ICE Hold is detention by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement?

A place he could hide his vehicle, behind the thick trees and brush on maiden lane.

It's the most logical place to meet them at.At least one of the girls knew this person. The big question is who could it possibly be.

Ice hold= drunk picked up thrown in cell to sober up.

most explanations I am finding regarding Ice holds are in reference to immigration

What is an “ICE Hold”?
An “ICE Hold” is a written demand from ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) that requires state authorities to hold you so that ICE can take you into custody after you are released from state custody. An “ICE Hold” does not mean that the person must leave the country immediately and in some cases it does not mean that the person has to leave the country at all. It does mean that you should contact an experienced immigration firm immediately to review the undocumented immigrants’ information.

http://maynorlawfirm.com/immigration/ice-holdsimmigration-bonds/

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_hold_ice_mean

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080404234748AAg0Gsj

http://www.lawqa.com/qa/what-does-an-ice-hold-mean

Maybe it was a case of putting two and two together. The family stayed there because that's where they were when Heather went to the police station and because people at the lake reported seeing two children on bikes.

Tammy's daughter is older than Lyric. The fact that Tammy's daughter and Lyric went to Greenbrier Park the week before the abduction (which is near the lake at George Wyth Park) may have given Tammy the idea that Lyric may have wanted to go to Meyers lake. Dan had also said (early on in the case) that Lyric had asked about going to Meyers Lake and that he told her that she was not allowed to go there.

Elizabeth was recognized by at least one of the resident on Lake Avenue as regularly cycling there and visiting with people on the street. Between the two children, maybe Lyric talked about going to the lake with her cousin, and maybe Elizabeth, wanting to impress an older cousin, mentioned Meyers Lake ... so they cycled there.

Since Wylma had searched areas where she expected to find the children (keeping in mind that she didn't live in Evansdale) and didn't find them, maybe Tammy put two and two together and figured out that they may have gone to Meyers Lake.

Link please!

Don't you find it strange that the bikes were left at the most remote place at the lake. Not in a parking lot, not on a side street, not at the skatepark, not at the auction house location, but the most remote secluded spot. That's because in my opinion it was the spot, the meeting place picked out by the perp.

I don't find it strange that they were abducted at a secluded part of the lake ... as Dan pointed out, that stretch of the trail is like a trap - with the double fences on either side and the gate in the middle exiting to the drainage pipe.

There's no evidence that they were lured, but someone could have talked to them at the shopping centre and suggested that they cycle to the lake.

One thing that I think would attract children, where they wouldn't stop to ask permission, would be a suggestion that there were a bunch of kittens or puppies at the SE tip of the lake that need to be rescued. They wouldn't ask permission because they'd know that the answer was no. That would be a reason for them to cycle to that part of the trail, park their bikes, go through the gate and ... that would be the end of it.

I'm wondering if they cycled to Lake Avenue because that's what Elizabeth often diid, and if they were approached by someone at Lake Avenue where it intersects with Arbutus. I think the girls would need some help navigating to the SE tip, but if someone at Lake/Arbutus pointed them in the right direction - that would work. It's also consistent with stats, which suggest children are first approached by the perp in the suburbs.

I know that ICE is U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, a part of Homeland Security. I've seen ICE referenced frequently in child *advertiser censored* arrests.

So maybe an ICE Hold is detention by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement?

Thank you so much Marilyn, that info fits into the information I am getting.

LakeToArbutus.jpg

You can search ICE but you have to have the A-Number or biographical info. Both require country of birth. I laughed at one of the choices was "born on a ship". I'm know it happens though.

https://locator.ice.gov/odls/homePage.do

Also if the feds have them you can check this link if you know their name. ICE is federal so if he's arrested you will know he's in custody too.

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/LocateInmate.jsp

My own speculation Maiden Lana alwys jumps out at me when I see the name . I think that's where the grab took place . Now tihis is just something I've been tossing around in my head a long time now . As I read more and more about the sex perps that steal children drive them to another State To make sexual photo's of them to sell and let their freind's use them as they want . This really is a fact like many others in Los Angeles area . Someone grabbed those girl's fast and headed out of State ASAP before any one knew they were missing . I think they were lured by kitty cat's when all was complete then drive them back . They could have tazed them drugged them to keep them quiet After use they return to where they live an dropped the girls at Seven Bridges Park Park .

Where were they for all those five month's ?. just wish the LE would watch for their precious faces as they arrest the Photo creeps. Just thinking out loud.

You can search ICE but you have to have the A-Number or biographical info. Both require country of birth. I laughed at one of the choices was "born on a ship". I'm know it happens though.

https://locator.ice.gov/odls/homePage.do

Also if the feds have them you can check this link if you know their name. ICE is federal so if he's arrested you will know he's in custody too.

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/LocateInmate.jsp

Thanks for those two links, could not find him on the Immigration site, or the Federal site, last I could find he was in Polk County so that could be why he is not on these two sites. Great sites though!

Thanks for those two links, could not find him on the Immigration site, or the Federal site, last I could find he was in Polk County so that could be why he is not on these two sites. Great sites though!

Usually what it means is that the person has been arrested for something in the US, and the proceedings for that crime have to be finished. But whenever that happens, they're released to ICE custody, even if it's years later.

We have a case here that involves an illegal immigrant who killed somebody in a drunk driving accident. The news has mentioned a number of times that he's under ICE hold so he'll be deported after he serves his jail term.

So most likely the guy you're tracking won't show up in those sites for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel