IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to bash LE, but I do not believe they ever did a thorough search of the houses around the lake. I believe last time ollipop (is that the right SN?) posted they had still never been to his house. If they skipped his house or his house wasn't in their search radius, how many other houses on the lake weren't investigated?

Either they have evidence that the girls were taken immediately out of the area, or had no reason to pursue a thorough search of the immediate area and houses.

Police checked houses in the area where the children were last seen - on the East side of the lake. The poster you refer to lives on the West side of the lake, and there have been no reports of the children being in that area.

Police checked houses in the area where the children were last seen - on the East side of the lake. The poster you refer to lives on the West side of the lake, and there have been no reports of the children being in that area.

I understand what you're saying, but they certainly shouldn't limit their searches only to the last area the children were seen that day. They could have met someone earlier at one of the previously seen areas.

Did they search ALL the houses on Brovan, Elmer, Gilbert, Lake Ave?

Did they search all the RSO's homes? Did they search Mr. Carpenter's home?

I think that all the houses around the lake area would be a logical place to search, especially one's who had children the girls could have visited.

And for all I know, they did...but I'm going to go out on a limb and say they haven't. Right or wrong, it kind of surprises me that they didn't.

I understand what you're saying, but they certainly shouldn't limit their searches only to the last area the children were seen that day. They could have met someone earlier at one of the previously seen areas.

Did they search ALL the houses on Brovan, Elmer, Gilbert, Lake Ave?

Did they search all the RSO's homes? Did they search Mr. Carpenter's home?

I think that all the houses around the lake area would be a logical place to search, especially one's who had children the girls could have visited.

And for all I know, they did...but I'm going to go out on a limb and say they haven't. Right or wrong, it kind of surprises me that they didn't.

Regarding whether someone that lives near the lake was part of the door to door police canvas, we know that if people lived on the East end of the lake, they were canvassed and if they lived West of the lake, they were not. I don't think any conclusions can be drawn about whether police really did a door to door canvas when comparing one neighborhood to another. Police did canvas the neighborhood where the children were last seen.

If a house was vacant, can we assume that police simply acknowledged that no one lived there and moved on? I really doubt it. If a house was vacant, it was more likely given special attention.

All of the sex offenders in the area were interviewed ... we know that. The interviews started on July 13.

If you are curious about which districts were canvassed and how thorough police were, email them. Maybe they'll release that information.

Regarding whether someone that lives near the lake was part of the door to door police canvas, we know that if people lived on the East end of the lake, they were canvassed and if they lived West of the lake, they were not. I don't think any conclusions can be drawn about whether police really did a door to door canvas when comparing one neighborhood to another. Police did canvas the neighborhood where the children were last seen.

If a house was vacant, can we assume that police simply acknowledged that no one lived there and moved on? I really doubt it. If a house was vacant, it was more likely given special attention.

All of the sex offenders in the area were interviewed ... we know that. The interviews started on July 13.

If you are curious about which districts were canvassed and how thorough police were, email them. Maybe they'll release that information.

BBM. Sounds like assumptions to me, just saying. :twocents:

IMHO, east, west whatever........ it's a very small lake.

re: searching homes/areas - it is possible some areas were skipped and not thoroughly searched because LE "knew" the occupants/areas. And as posted earlier, it may be a real shock to this community if the perp(s) are known/trusted. It is hard to imagine "any person" doing this heinous act, let alone a person well-known, well-respected, and well-loved within the community.

re: searching homes/areas - it is possible some areas were skipped and not thoroughly searched because LE "knew" the occupants/areas. And as posted earlier, it may be a real shock to this community if the perp(s) are known/trusted. It is hard to imagine "any person" doing this heinous act, let alone a person well-known, well-respected, and well-loved within the community.

I agree...

IMO these girls went with someone they were comfortable with...which is sadly the ONLY thing I feel fairly confident about in this case.

Checking only the "obvious" predators could have been a fatal mistake. For all we know the vehicle these girls were taken in (assuming they were taken by vehicle) could have been parked in the garage right under their noses, with the girls bodies IN the vehicle.

Oh God I hope that's not the case.

Yes and they were last seen on Brovan 1 mile north of the east side of the lake and their bodies were found 21 miles away. I think extending the search to include the entire tiny lake isn't really that extreme.

Yes I'm afraid "harmless, helpful citizens" are often overlooked.

BBM. Sounds like assumptions to me, just saying. :twocents:

It's not an assumption that all the sex offenders in the area were interviewed and those interviews began on Friday, July 13.

Rick Abben on July 16:

Abben said the sex offender interviews led to no new information.

“Everyone has been cleared,” he said. “We have no concerns with that.”

And from Kent Smock's timeline:

Friday, July 13 -
7 p.m. Authorities begin interviewing local people listed on the state Sex Offender Registry

http://thegazette.com/2012/07/16/few-leads-after-widespread-search-for-iowa-cousins/

http://thegazette.com/2012/12/10/timeline-search-for-girls-reported-missing-in-evansdale/

Yes I'm afraid "harmless, helpful citizens" are often overlooked.

Based on all viewpoints I've read, and so many maps and links to follow~~

I've come to opinion that the initial search was "botched". The lake area was not thoroughly searched, although it was drained for days afterwards.

Till today, I am uncertain about the dogs that were brought in. Were they or were they not cadaver dogs? Is there official testimony other than Tammy regarding the dogs? Where did the one mile sniff area come from? Hearsay or fact? If hearsay, I exclude it. If fact please post it.

TIA. :twocents::seeya::twocents:

It's not an assumption that all the sex offenders in the area were interviewed and those interviews began on Friday, July 13.

Rick Abben on July 16:

And from Kent Smock's timeline:

Friday, July 13 -

http://thegazette.com/2012/07/16/few-leads-after-widespread-search-for-iowa-cousins/

http://thegazette.com/2012/12/10/timeline-search-for-girls-reported-missing-in-evansdale/

Thanks, appreciated.
I read that too, but can't help but wonder how they (LE) managed to interview them all (and there's a lot of them) in such a short period of time. .............and "clear" them all. What about all those "not registered"?

Just wondering.... :waitasec:

I don't think so. The FBI and DCI were involved very early in the investigation. I doubt they would go along with such an idea even if it was suggested by local LE. I don't think that any LE agency involved has over-looked the "outstanding citizen and salt-of-the earth" types. I think the "outstanding citizen and salt-of-the earth" type individual is who LE believes committed this crime. Point 2 of the 6 Key Points released by the Iowa DCI on September 7 stated:

We all would like to believe that we couldn’t possibly know someone that is capable of abducting a young girl. The reality is that whoever did this is known by many people. Whoever did this has neighbors, relatives, co-workers and friends. Whoever did this walks amongst us, and lives amongst us.

http://johnston-ia.patch.com/articl...uction-case-email-address-set-up-to-take-tips

Thanks, appreciated.
I read that too, but can't help but wonder how they (LE) managed to interview them all (and there's a lot of them) in such a short period of time. .............and "clear" them all. What about all those "not registered"?

Sorry to quote myself, but I'm thinking........
Interviewed and cleared all RSO's......... oh really?

Imagine the conversations for a moment:

Where were you on Friday July 13th?

RSO's:
1. I was home watching TV
2. I was home taking a nap.
3. I was working.
4. I was with my BF/GF.
5. I was with my family.
6. I was with my cat or dog.
7. I was out and about.
8. Misc.
9. I don't recall.

:blushing::blushing::blushing:

Thanks, appreciated.

It was discussed earlier, either in this thread or more likely in the last thread.

Sorry to quote myself, but I'm thinking........
Interviewed and cleared all RSO's......... oh really?

Imagine the conversations for a moment:

Where were you on Friday July 13th?

RSO's:
1. I was home watching TV
2. I was home taking a nap.
3. I was working.
4. I was with my BF/GF.
5. I was with my family.
6. I was with my cat or dog.
7. I was out and about.
8. Misc.
9. I don't recall.

:blushing::blushing::blushing:

I don't believe the FBI is going to take an RSO's word alone on the RSO's whereabouts when two children are missing. Do you really think LE would say that an RSO was "cleared" based only upon one of those statements?

As of 12/21/2012, there were ten RSOs in Evansdale. I don't know how many were living there on July 13, 2012 but I would guess the number was close to what it was in December.

http://www.city-data.com/so/so-Evansdale-Iowa.html

well, I keep thinking of the little girl in Colorado that vanished walking to school. Austin Sigg (not a RSO), is the suspect accused of kidnapping, slaying and dismembering 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway, (some of the girl's remains found at the home he shared with his mother). Sigg, who turned 18 in January, cannot face the death penalty because he was 17 at the time of the slaying.

- Somer Renee Thompson (April 5, 2002 - October 19, 2009) was a seven-year-old girl who went missing on her way home from school (Florida). She was abducted by Jarred Harrell, who sexually assaulted and strangled her. Her body was found on a landfill site in Folkston, Georgia, two days later. I do not believe he was a RSO either. (Harrell approached and lured Somer into his house telling her that his dog was inside, a dog Somer often stopped to pet). Harrell was 24 yrs. old when this occurred.

These are young "men" doing these heinous crimes.

I pray that justice will be served and the person or persons responsible in the deaths of Lyric & Lizzie are held found and held accountable! This truly breaks my heart.

IMHO, east, west whatever........ it's a very small lake.

It can't be that small since there is an Island in the middle of it and it's not possible to identify anyone from one side of the lake to the other at the narrowest part of the lake.

How large is the lake anyway?

I suppose large/small is all relative anyway. It took an adult male on a racing bike approximately 8 minutes (according to his calculation) to travel about half way around the lake. East - West in this case is what? ... about 10 blocks? ... a mile or so?

Based on all viewpoints I've read, and so many maps and links to follow~~

I've come to opinion that the initial search was "botched". The lake area was not thoroughly searched, although it was drained for days afterwards.

Till today, I am uncertain about the dogs that were brought in. Were they or were they not cadaver dogs? Is there official testimony other than Tammy regarding the dogs? Where did the one mile sniff area come from? Hearsay or fact? If hearsay, I exclude it. If fact please post it.

TIA. :twocents::seeya::twocents:

This link has a timeline of what happened as soon as the girls were known to be missing.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...tml_c8ef29ca-d077-11e1-8635-001a4bcf887a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho