IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:what::fence:Sooooooo we are still to believe that 2 sweet little girls were kidnapped while riding bikes on a summer day , kidnapped and murdered And NO ONE SAW OR KNOWS ANYTHING,?!! ? :banghead::banghead:

Sad but true ... that seems to be what happens in child abductions. One minute they're there, the next minute they're gone. The same thing happened with Jessica Ridgeway. She walking along a residential street at the time that all the children were going to school - some with their parents - and she completely vanished.

No one saw, or knew, anything until evidence was found and a suspect was arrested.

It seems to be local LE, Detective Abben, gave no indication the girls could still be alive. It was the FBI who gave statements days later that they believed the girls were still alive. The FBI gave us false hope, just my opinion. It seemed they kind of threw a monkey wrench into the whole scenario by putting out the statement they believed the girls were still alive. I believe local LE really knew they were dealing with someone who wasted no time killing these girls and dumping the bodies.

The statement that the girls were alive came at the same time as the announcement from Drew that he had a voice mail from Elizabeth on his phone. A couple of days after that announcement, a second announcement was made clarifying that although the message was new for Drew, it had been made 9 days before Elizabeth was abducted.

Sad but true ... that seems to be what happens in child abductions. One minute they're there, the next minute they're gone. The same thing happened with Jessica Ridgeway. She walking along a residential street at the time that all the children were going to school - some with their parents - and she completely vanished.

No one saw, or knew, anything until evidence was found and a suspect was arrested.

And the scary thing is these perps are getting smarter and smarter.

I agree, the perp wouldn't keep the girls nearby no way. I think he took them out of the Evandale area quickly. I also thought it was a waste of time to check vehicles in the area, I would be shocked if the perp was driving around town with the girls on a joy ride. Geez :what:

Taking names of drivers and license plates in the area where there was an abduction is a good idea - it's similar to recording license plates of people that attend funerals of abducted/murdered children. Predators have been arrested because of driving through a check stop in the area where there was an abduction/murder.

This can't be right (maybe I'm reading it wrong). If it took an adult male on a "racing" bike 8 minutes to travel half way around the lake there is no way in hell the girls made it from Brovan to the SE tip of the lake in 7 mins, then.

:waitasec:

The cyclist was riding a racing bike. He originally said that he was at the drainage pipe at Meyers Lake at 12:20 and at the parking lot at 12:28. I'm estimating that from the drainage pipe to the parking lot is roughly half way around the lake.

I just want to say this. If the killer of these two innocent beautiful children is here and is reading this, then you are aware that we will not forget what you have done. We will not rest until this case is solved and you are put away for life. You have taken two lives and ruined the life of many people. Do the right thing and come forward, turn yourself in and ask God for forgiveness. If you are a human being you will go thru life in misery, guilt ridden and you will always be looking over your shoulder. If you come clean, it will set you free, free in your mind. God will forgive you, and the hell you are in now can get better. Again, DO THE RIGHT THING!

The cyclist was riding a racing bike. He originally said that he was at the drainage pipe at Meyers Lake at 12:20 and at the parking lot at 12:28. I'm estimating that from the drainage pipe to the parking lot is roughly half way around the lake.

I don't understand how it took him 8 minutes to get to the parking lot? :what:

I just feel that if local LE and FBI are having trouble cracking this case, then get someone in who can.

If I was a family member, and if it was affordable, I would really be considering hiring a private investigator. I don't think it would hurt and it might bring some new suspects to light. I believe the family has complete confidence in LE, but I do not think bringing in a PI would not be inappropriate. Maybe there are some retired LE in the area that would love a chance to investigate this case ? Just wanting some resolution for our girls! :heartbeat: And the community too! Can't imagine how tortuous this must be for the community as well asthe families. :banghead:

OMG. What lake are they talking about? It's not Evansdale I can tell you that :what: Unless that adult male is 90 yrs old, and has no arms.

The cyclist that went to the media to discuss his bike ride around Meyers Lake on July 13 said that he was at one side of the lake at 12:20 and at the other side at 12:28. He did not stop to do anything during his trip around the lake.

That means that it took him eight minutes to make the trip around the lake. He's not 90 years old, he does have arms and he was riding a racing bike. I don't see any reason to doubt his claim about how long it took him to cycle halfway around the lake. In thinking about it, it might actually be a stretch of about a mile ... it's 0.76 miles to travel half way around the lake.

Ok...so this was the cyclists estimated time. I thought you were referring to a poster who had timed a ride from Brovan to the SE tip of the lake.

Didn't we have a poster who made the ride from the home to the tip of the lake? And it was right about the 8 min mark at which we determined it was feasible for the girls to make it there in that amount of time?:waitasec:

The cyclist must have been riding fairly leisurly to take 8 mins from the drain to the parking lot then, I have to assume, if the same route from Brovan to the drainage gate, and off the bike was the same amt of time.:waitasec:

Ok...so this was the cyclists estimated time. I thought you were referring to a poster who had timed a ride from Brovan to the SE tip of the lake.

Didn't we have a poster who made the ride from the home to the tip of the lake? And it was right about the 8 min mark at which we determined it was feasible for the girls to make it there in that amount of time?:waitasec:

The cyclist must have been riding fairly leisurly to take 8 mins from the drain to the parking lot then, I have to assume, if the same route from Brovan to the drainage gate, and off the bike was the same amt of time.:waitasec:

It's 0.76 miles from the gate to the parking lot (one side of the lake to the other). The cyclist reported that he would have been at the gate at 12:20 and he made a phone call at 12:28. That's 8 minutes to travel 3/4 of a mile.

Children aged 8-10 can travel an average of 9-10 mph.

It's 1.6 miles from the drainage pipe, travelling along the Evansdale Nature Trail, to Lafayette and then to Brovan.

I'm off to dig ditches or flip burgers ... or whatever it is that I do ...

Have a good one!

I agree with you. So all the houses and RSO's were checked? No stone unturned? I know they are doing the best they can but my mind can't erase the fact that they also thought the girls were alive. They were not even searching in the right area for the bodies either. Compare the amount of homes they had to search, along with the long list of sex offenders, kind of seems like it would be overwhelming. I really do hope they have something but for lack of info how can one fully trust anything.

My interpetation LE's remarks about them being alive was actually that they had no proof they weren't alive. No proof of death at the time. LE would always have to say they were looking for live children until they knew otherwise or it would have been a PR nightmare.

It's 0.76 miles from the gate to the parking lot (one side of the lake to the other). The cyclist reported that he would have been at the gate at 12:20 and he made a phone call at 12:28. That's 8 minutes to travel 3/4 of a mile.

Children aged 8-10 can travel an average of 9-10 mph.

:waitasec:

:sigh:

I agree, the perp wouldn't keep the girls nearby no way. I think he took them out of the Evandale area quickly. I also thought it was a waste of time to check vehicles in the area, I would be shocked if the perp was driving around town with the girls on a joy ride. Geez :what:

ITA. I think they were taken from there in a matter of minutes. I also think it is quite possible that they were lured. As much as we would all like to think that our kids would not go with a stranger it has been proven time and again that they do. They just do not equate the nice person in front of them with stranger danger.

ITA. I think they were taken from there in a matter of minutes. I also think it is quite possible that they were lured. As much as we would all like to think that our kids would not go with a stranger it has been proven time and again that they do. They just do not equate the nice person in front of them with stranger danger.

I completely agree about kids and strangers. Lizzie, in particular, has been described as a bubbly, outgoing little girl. Mr. Carpenter said how friendly she was, making friends with a lot of people as she biked down their street, turned around and biked back. So if the perp was someone Lizzie saw and/or talked to on her bike rides, she probably wouldn't be afraid of him. MOO

I am not referring to a specific person, I'm only suggesting that the perp could be someone Lizzie came in contact with on her bike rides. It could be someone living on a street Lizzie biked on, or a delivery person making stops in the neighborhood, or the friend/relative of someone Lizzie spoke to along her bike route. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeybean