IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is ... they were not missing for that long of a period prior to the extensive search that ensued. I have to give LE credit, they were really on the ball with getting areas searched and their efforts to "immediately" get resources out and about to find the girls.
Lyric/Lizzie must have been snatched and taken away quickly ... or held in a nearby home with all the activity going on in the area around Meyers Lake. jmo

The thing is ... they were not missing for that long of a period prior to the extensive search that ensued. I have to give LE credit, they were really on the ball with getting areas searched and their efforts to "immediately" get resources out and about to find the girls.
Lyric/Lizzie must have been snatched and taken away quickly ... or held in a nearby home with all the activity going on in the area around Meyers Lake. jmo

I would be surprised if they were in the area after the abduction. Police stopped traffic around Meyers Lake shortly after the abduction and talked with everyone that was coming and going from the area. If the girls were kept in a house near where they were abducted, it would have been difficult to get them out of the area and 20 miles away without taking quite a risk.

Statistically speaking, the children were probably murdered at the location where they were found within three hours of the abduction ... maybe add an hour for the 20 mile trip.

OTTO: U make good points and I am glad U R here

I gotta get some sleep. Good night all. Prayers we soon get the answers we seek and justice for our girls. :please:

It can't be that small since there is an Island in the middle of it and it's not possible to identify anyone from one side of the lake to the other at the narrowest part of the lake.

How large is the lake anyway?

I suppose large/small is all relative anyway. It took an adult male on a racing bike approximately 8 minutes (according to his calculation) to travel about half way around the lake. East - West in this case is what? ... about 10 blocks? ... a mile or so?

Here's info on the lake:

The team is expected to be in Iowa yet today; the team will search the deepest parts of Meyers Lake, officials said. One section of the 26-acre lake – before the draining began – is estimated at 21 feet deep.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...Friday-officials-missing-Iowa-girls-case-said

Here's info on the lake:

The team is expected to be in Iowa yet today; the team will search the deepest parts of Meyers Lake, officials said. One section of the 26-acre lake – before the draining began – is estimated at 21 feet deep.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...Friday-officials-missing-Iowa-girls-case-said

Thanks. 26 acres is a good sized manmade city lake, so since it is stretched East West (elliptical in shape), it's understandable that the police focused on the East side, where eye witnesses saw the children shortly after noon, when canvassing homes. There has been no information that the children were on the West side of the lake, so canvassing that area would not be a priority.

Thanks. 26 acres is a good sized manmade city lake, so since it is stretched East West (elliptical in shape), it's understandable that the police focused on the East side, where eye witnesses saw the children shortly after noon, when canvassing homes. There has been no information that the children were on the West side of the lake, so canvassing that area would not be a priority.

I've always felt the girls were quickly whisked away from Meyers Lake by the perp(s), so even an immediate canvass of all houses near the lake would have made no difference in locating the girls, IMO.

BBM. Sounds like assumptions to me, just saying. :twocents:

I agree with you. So all the houses and RSO's were checked? No stone unturned? I know they are doing the best they can but my mind can't erase the fact that they also thought the girls were alive. They were not even searching in the right area for the bodies either. Compare the amount of homes they had to search, along with the long list of sex offenders, kind of seems like it would be overwhelming. I really do hope they have something but for lack of info how can one fully trust anything.

:what::fence:Sooooooo we are still to believe that 2 sweet little girls were kidnapped while riding bikes on a summer day , kidnapped and murdered And NO ONE SAW OR KNOWS ANYTHING,?!! ? :banghead::banghead:

I've always felt the girls were quickly whisked away from Meyers Lake by the perp(s), so even an immediate canvass of all houses near the lake would have made no difference in locating the girls, IMO.

I agree. In my opinion, the killer knew in advance where he was going to dump the bodies. . . 7-Bridges. I do not believe much planning beyond how to subdue the girls and where to dump the bodies.

I agree with you. So all the houses and RSO's were checked? No stone unturned? I know they are doing the best they can but my mind can't erase the fact that they also thought the girls were alive. They were not even searching in the right area for the bodies either. Compare the amount of homes they had to search, along with the long list of sex offenders, kind of seems like it would be overwhelming. I really do hope they have something but for lack of info how can one fully trust anything.

It seems to be local LE, Detective Abben, gave no indication the girls could still be alive. It was the FBI who gave statements days later that they believed the girls were still alive. The FBI gave us false hope, just my opinion. It seemed they kind of threw a monkey wrench into the whole scenario by putting out the statement they believed the girls were still alive. I believe local LE really knew they were dealing with someone who wasted no time killing these girls and dumping the bodies.

:what::fence:Sooooooo we are still to believe that 2 sweet little girls were kidnapped while riding bikes on a summer day , kidnapped and murdered And NO ONE SAW OR KNOWS ANYTHING,?!! ? :banghead::banghead:

It's frustrating! I just cannot believe there is someone out there who did not see or hear something that day that quite possibly would help LE tremendously in their investigation of who committed this heinous crime. I am praying they will come forward. Maybe they are scared for their own lives, or just can't bring themselves to believe this person was capable of kidnapping and murdering two little girls. It's frustrating as hell!

No way is that pond, I mean lake 26 acres.:what:

I can kinda believe no one saw or heard anything. With the seclusion of the trail by maiden lane and the traffic noise from the interstate, it would be very hard to see or hear anything. I also believe the girls went willingly, because they were comfortable with the perp.

I just feel that if local LE and FBI are having trouble cracking this case, then get someone in who can.

I agree, the perp wouldn't keep the girls nearby no way. I think he took them out of the Evandale area quickly. I also thought it was a waste of time to check vehicles in the area, I would be shocked if the perp was driving around town with the girls on a joy ride. Geez :what:

It can't be that small since there is an Island in the middle of it and it's not possible to identify anyone from one side of the lake to the other at the narrowest part of the lake.

How large is the lake anyway?

I suppose large/small is all relative anyway. It took an adult male on a racing bike approximately 8 minutes (according to his calculation) to travel about half way around the lake. East - West in this case is what? ... about 10 blocks? ... a mile or so?

This can't be right (maybe I'm reading it wrong). If it took an adult male on a "racing" bike 8 minutes to travel half way around the lake there is no way in hell the girls made it from Brovan to the SE tip of the lake in 7 mins, then.

:waitasec:

This can't be right (maybe I'm reading it wrong). If it took an adult male on a "racing" bike 8 minutes to travel half way around the lake there is no way in hell the girls made it from Brovan to the SE tip of the lake in 7 mins, then.

:waitasec:

OMG. What lake are they talking about? It's not Evansdale I can tell you that :what: Unless that adult male is 90 yrs old, and has no arms.

OMG. What lake are they talking about? It's not Evansdale I can tell you that :what: Unless that adult male is 90 yrs old, and has no arms.

I looked at the DNR report, and it's showing 27 acres too!

http://www.iowadnr.gov/idnr/Fishing/WheretoFish/LakesPondsReservoirs/LakeDetails.aspx?lakeCode=MEY07

Unless you've been there, it's hard to explain how apparently different 27 acres looks and feels as far as the lake goes.

We have 40 acres in our entire development (that includes 30 acres of common ground that has a creek running through it) and I would have guessed Meyer's Lake to maybe be close to HALF of the size of our acreage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeybean